Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wadym
in this Putin has found allies in the face of Merkel.
So, Merkel is his ally? What's wrong she said? What your country needs decentralization is the common opionion. Austria, Belgium, Germany are the federated states. Spain isn't, but it's autonomies have a lot of rights.

Merkel is the best you can have. Be realistic.

The rebels have no future, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 AM

261 posts, read 256,510 times
does Russia really want another new independent state at its border, who is permanently
fighting in words and deeds with another neighbor ?
Russia already made clear that they wanted one Ukraine under a Yanukovich-like government.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:00 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Re: ...'the rebels have no future'...

You know for themselves I know they believe the slights they feel are warranted yet their actions arguably run to humiliation and degradation of their enemies as the parade of their prisoners in Donetsk show. It would seem to me they have no 'order' and run around simply shooting guns. If there's a 'platform' it's hard to see an intelligent presentation of grievances. This is a group that has terrible PR.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times
Poland to send "humanitarian" convoy with banned food to Russian Kaliningrad Oblast

Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This parade was not about "inhumane treatment of prisoners" per se; DNR has agreement with Ukrainians, they regularly make exchanges of POWs and so on.
It was not "directed" at prisoners themselves with a purpose to threaten or humiliate them - it was a referral to the events of the 17th of July, 1944 when defeated German troops were paraded through Moscow.
So it was really a staged political action.
In Donetsk it was a reminder, a statement what they consider this war to be all about, how they view it, particularly in the light of the "Independence Day" parade in Kiev.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=717145681666559
As I see, after this parade Ukrainian prisoners are going straight home.

Прощание с пленными Донецк 24.08.2014 Пленные с позорного парада позорно отпущены в Киев. Позор Украине.

Nope, nothing "inhumane" here, and as some Russian posters are saying, now these soldiers are REALLY running a risk to be shot by their own as being "not trustworthy" enough.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:43 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
So, Merkel is his ally? What's wrong she said? What your country needs decentralization is the common opionion. Austria, Belgium, Germany are the federated states. Spain isn't, but it's autonomies have a lot of rights.

Merkel is the best you can have. Be realistic.
Do not vouch for the accuracy of the quotes - is a double translation from German - but I think the meaning is clear.
'Ukraine should take the necessary decision and end the conflict in the country and with Russia. Ukraine must make peace with Russia and to enter into a Customs Union. This will save face of Putin.
' Merkel.

You know how it is called? The trade morality, or easier - Prostitution.
I didn't think, that Ukraine can have prostitute as a friend.

By the way, Selena, is it you?

Old 08-25-2014, 12:54 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
now these soldiers are REALLY running a risk to be shot by their own as being "not trustworthy" enough.
You're smooching mores of Russia and Ukraine.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:21 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Okay, rough neck Scratch: You said my views are mysterious. Breaked down to simplistics. So, here's the deal:

For certain reasons I have to choose my side - and the side is Ukraine. But at the sametime i'm glad that Selena is not a corpse and back posting again, although i don't not agree with all she has to say.

And then there are some women here on this thread that gets my flagpole risin'.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:38 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
This parade was not about "inhumane treatment of prisoners" per se; DNR has agreement with Ukrainians, they regularly make exchanges of POWs and so on.
It was not "directed" at prisoners themselves with a purpose to threaten or humiliate them - it was a referral to the events of the 17th of July, 1944 when defeated German troops were paraded through Moscow.
So it was really a staged political action.
In Donetsk it was a reminder, a statement what they consider this war to be all about, how they view it, particularly in the light of the "Independence Day" parade in Kiev.
You have to remember that this is the worst propaganda there is available (from a Russian perspective).
Ok, a 1944 revival, and that was humiliating at the time, and people here in the west had gone forward even before. Farmer Günther Bauer from Aschaffenburg wasn't responsible for Hitler's acts. Those parades would've been unacceptable already in 1815.
These acts of humiliation only reinforce the barbarian or untermensch mentality about Russians in all of us. And the less we want to have to do with these people.

If Europeans will ever accept the Russians as even nearly equals, you can't just throw Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky towards us, when the reality is road rage dashcam videos, bad-behaving babushkas and leather-coat mafia bandits leading football clubs.

General Lucius Clay, the US commander during the Berlin air bridge said "Dealing with the Russians quickly taught that they understand nothing but force, never barter with them without showing it". All Europeans should learn and take that as the guideline. As we've seen, soft speak doesn't get you anywhere.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:29 PM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times
Quote:
Ariete
untermensch mentality a
Don't use such words.

Last edited by Muscovite; 08-25-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe