Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 04:28 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Well, if no balance to be maid, US will be destroyed by new financial and economical order which Russia and China are about to bring in, dollar will worth nothing and US economy will go into the deepest depression the world has ever seen.
US is doomed, leave now.
Where will he go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who needs "equal" when all you need is enough of warheads to leave no "winners?"
OK equal in total nuclear war, unequal in everything that actually happens.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM
DKM

Quote:
Where will he go?
I will go back to my kolhoz in Carpathia of course. From there I can hide from Russia?

Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Russia ain't threatening anyone, we just kicked fat American ass in Syria big time, and will continue kicking it until it explodes.
Last I checked, it was Russkies dying in Syria vs. zero Americans. Ukraine too. Where are you posting from, Luhansk? Does your TV station tell you your side is killing American soldiers? Well guess what, you are killing your neighbors (sadly the losses on both sides mount). Nazi's from Lvov aren't going there to die, they don't care at all about your region being in Ukraine...

Last edited by DKM; 10-03-2017 at 09:09 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 06:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Where will he go?
More scary is what will he do?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:28 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
More scary is what will he do?
I wouldn't worry about the "Carpathian Kolkhoz" too much.
I don't think they have any particular "red buttons" to push, when things don't go their way)))

Old 10-04-2017, 06:48 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,324,871 times
We are all doomed. The US has a debt bomb of >20 trillions and China > 28 trillions. Question is not if, when or where .. India / Konyak / Tanghul / Kashmir or Pyongyang / Guam.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:56 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Article focused on who will own Ukraine

POLITICO Cabinet: How to tame Russia - POLITICO

The staged coup and revolution turned out to be a real disaster for the US. Bringing the war to the doorstep of Russia eliminated the last buffer between the US and Russia. It became obvious to the Russians what came next.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:48 PM

I almost choked on my cheeseburger when I read this.

Quote:
As a result, Putin is working to undermine Western institutions and sow dissent in Western societies, participants said. Those efforts are aimed less at picking specific election winners and losers than at making the West look weak and dysfunctional — and bolstering Russian power and legitimacy by comparison.
It seems to me the US and it's policies are doing Putins work for him. Of course Putin is not going to tell US politicians anything. Why tell your enemy he's screwing up? None of Americas ills aside form the parasitical military interests are due to Russia or Putin. US policy has ensured the decline of constructive American influence throughout the world netting us little in return and even less when it comes to any kind of moral respectability. People that look up to us do so because of fear, not admiration and a desire to follow our example.

Quote:
“Both NATO and the U.N. were designed for strong U.S. leadership ... and they’re not getting it,’’ one participant said. “They’re not getting it and they haven’t been getting it for a while.”
Immensely interesting.

I read further and I wonder if these 10 experts didn't just come for the bar and buffet and spent too much time at the former.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
That's right, the "declining regional power" has enough of nukes, and that's what keeps the balance.
It's a little more complex than that. Russias strategy is just like the USSRs. Russia knows they won't be able to defeat the EU and US/NATO in a conventional conflict or even a nuclear conflict in which all sides would lose in the end. Conventionally Russia fights with a strategic economy of force, like a Roman centurion with his gladius. They didn't use the sword to beat their opponent into the dirt by brute force alone, they stabbed at the weak spots in the opponents armor with the sword.

Russias anti aircraft defense doctrine is not about obtaining theatre level air superiority it's about denial of air superiority to an attacker and not allowing the aggressor to fulfill it's mission or making it too costly.
Gaining and maintaining air superiority is costly. Denial of that superiority is easily done. If an airstrike package is put together consisting of a dozen aircraft of various sorts to strike a hilltop outpost only 2 or 3 of those aircraft will actually carry a war load and attack the hilltop itself. Technology the USSR had in 1970 ensured that those aircraft would be obligated to fly below the treeline just to survive over the forward battle area and up to 20 miles behind it. Flying higher meant death in most instances. Obviously flying below the trees had it's hazards too and not every soldier with an AK the only one.

Anyway the second part of the strategy is mission denial. You make the guy dropping the bombs miss the target. That's real easy to do. Nowadays Russian air defense is said to be the best in the world and it could well be true. It far beyond what any of Americas "adversaries" have ever had at their disposal and getting better still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe