Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 02:33 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Ok, so then tell me what Russia wants for these regions and how it's planning to resolve these conflicts, I'm all open ears, unlike some people on this thread it is possible to change my mind, but this might be better discussed in the Russian thread?
1) Peace and mutually beneficial trade at least.
2) Difficult,there where the shedding of blood, and especially blood between neighbors,and on the basis of nationalism. Anyway we must agree to put up with.Otherwise, no way.

But there is a reaction. Remember how many started the conflict and who very actively supported then the aggressive side? Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM

Okay I have to sleep.Tomorrow a lot of things.All the best!

PS I remember very well the beginning of the Transnistrian conflict and what was happening then in Moldova,since he lived there in those times. So who else remembers how and what started the conflict?

Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Russia supports minority separatist revolts in its former colonies as a means of control. That's obvious to most people.

Transnistria is a good example of this. The people living there did not want to be part of Moldova/Romania, they wanted to be part of the Soviet Union (it was afterall a Russian territory attached to Moldova). So when they fought to keep their territory away from Moldova, Russia took their side to keep them from losing. This way Russians can keep all of Moldova from leaving their control since they occupy a part of it. Similar approach was used in Georgia and Ukraine. It may one day be used in Belarus or any other neighboring territory not covered by a NATO treaty.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Ok, so then tell me what Russia wants for these regions and how it's planning to resolve these conflicts, I'm all open ears, unlike some people on this thread it is possible to change my mind, but this might be better discussed in the Russian thread?
what Russia wants is stability on it's borders. Look at what is happening in Ukraine, a regime was installed there that if it could would claim lands all the way to the Volga. The junta in Ukraine are a bunch of crazy bastards. Who can deny there's
a connection between Russia and Ukraine? Who can be crazy enough to try to destroy it?

The conflict the Azeris and Ajerbizhanis are at least under control, there's a balance. What if there was no conflict there? What if Russia were to go in and off all the people causing the problems? Can you imagine the reaction in the west? Who really wants peace? Who doesn't? Who opted for war in Georgia? It wasn't Russia was it?

Can it be said you are an advocate of ethnic cleansing? In either of those conflicts there is and was a huge potential for it. Why did the junta in Ukraine attack the people of the Donbas? Wasn't there another way? Was another way even considered?

What Russia wants from the world is the respect Russia deserves. What Russia wants from the EU is peace and a shared prosperity which is entirely possible. With the insanity directed towards Russia today we do the world a disservice.

Let me ask you a question. The same question I asked MWR.

Why not allow Russia into NATO?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russia supports minority separatist revolts in its former colonies as a means of control. That's obvious to most people.
Its what most powers do and have done in the past. It's what the US did in Ukraine.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:02 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Its what most powers do and have done in the past. It's what the US did in Ukraine.
so then you don't deny it? Anyway Russia and Nato, there is Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council

also in April 2012, there were some protests in Russia over their country's involvement with NATO, mostly made up of Ultranationalist and Pro Leftist groups and in December 2009, NATO approached Russia for help in Afghanistan, requesting permission for the alliance to fly cargo (including possibly military ones) over Russian territory to Afghanistan, and to provide more helicopters for the Afghan armed forces.[13] Russia has so far denied these requests, although it has continued to allow transit of non-military supplies through its territory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO%E...ssia_relations

Old 10-12-2017, 07:33 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Finland is not a historical part of Russia.

I guess the US, Germany and UK would disagree.
It is funny hat finno ugric, asiatic and mildly slavic mongrels known as Russians chose not to play ethnic purity card with Finland the same way they play it with Ukraine. I.e. Russian state claiming Finland because Russians are the most pure and preserved kind of Finno Ugric people and thus Finnish people are just spoiled Russians who must be assimilated in the Mother Russia collective.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:10 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It is funny hat finno ugric, asiatic and mildly slavic mongrels known as Russians chose not to play ethnic purity card with Finland the same way they play it with Ukraine. I.e. Russian state claiming Finland because Russians are the most pure and preserved kind of Finno Ugric people and thus Finnish people are just spoiled Russians who must be assimilated in the Mother Russia collective.
Please, stop a heavy drugs.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Russia has no reason to attack Poland, Finland or Baltic states. Stop your propaganda about this.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Transnistria is a good example of this. The people living there did not want to be part of Moldova/Romania, they wanted to be part of the Soviet Union (it was afterall a Russian territory attached to Moldova). So when they fought to keep their territory away from Moldova, Russia took their side to keep them from losing. This way Russians can keep all of Moldova from leaving their control since they occupy a part of it. Similar approach was used in Georgia and Ukraine. It may one day be used in Belarus or any other neighboring territory not covered by a NATO treaty.
It was quite different. And not Transnistria was the initiator of the conflict... once again, please remember. How it all began?

Moldovan colony)) yeah, in the USSR, Moldavia was one of the most enviable places in the community.Live in Chisinau was very prestigious. Colony, excuse me, that's different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe