Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 01:06 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Moldovan colony)) yeah, in the USSR, Moldavia was one of the most enviable places in the community.Live in Chisinau was very prestigious. Colony, excuse me, that's different.
This does not fit into the system of Western propaganda. And unfortunately, it gradually ceases to fit into our system of values. "Because we are no longer orcs."

https://youtu.be/la5ezYUsMms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 04:37 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Please, stop a heavy drugs.
That member has a point. Russians are fundamentally Slavic, of course, but they assimilated a lot of Finno-Ugric peoples into their gene pool.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
That member has a point. Russians are fundamentally Slavic, of course, but they assimilated a lot of Finno-Ugric peoples into their gene pool.
And this is the reason that Russians want to attack Finland. Okay, sorry. It's not drugs. It's just a point.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
so then you don't deny it? Anyway Russia and Nato, there is Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council

also in April 2012, there were some protests in Russia over their country's involvement with NATO, mostly made up of Ultranationalist and Pro Leftist groups and in December 2009, NATO approached Russia for help in Afghanistan, requesting permission for the alliance to fly cargo (including possibly military ones) over Russian territory to Afghanistan, and to provide more helicopters for the Afghan armed forces.[13] Russia has so far denied these requests, although it has continued to allow transit of non-military supplies through its territory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO%E...ssia_relations
Hell no I won't deny it. Those are trip wires and necessary in the current climate besides, what about the people there? What about the military infrastructure being built in Romania, Bulgaria and Poland? If you were Shoigu what would you be thinking? If you were on the Russian general staff what would you see?

I still don't seem to be able to get an answer to that simple question. I'll ask it again.

Why isn't Russia in NATO?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:00 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Hell no I won't deny it. Those are trip wires and necessary in the current climate besides, what about the people there? What about the military infrastructure being built in Romania, Bulgaria and Poland? If you were Shoigu what would you be thinking? If you were on the Russian general staff what would you see?

I still don't seem to be able to get an answer to that simple question. I'll ask it again.

I'm not saying what Russia is doing is a bad thing, and can be given evidence for justification, but the fact still remains that Russia looks for opportunities to incite or support ethnic minority rebellions in neighboring countries as bargaining chips and expand influence in those countries. And I don't deny that other countries do the same such as the US with Kurdistan and Kosovo.

Sorry that I wasn't able to answer your NATO question, I didn't have the time to finish my answer. Now to be frank I don't know, but in any case it wouldn't turn out well if Russia had joined. The US is clearly the leader of NATO and if Russia had joined they would've needed to submit to the US which I don't think Russia and it's citizens would like very much. So I think it has do with both countries having big egos. The US doesn't want to step down from a leadership role, and Russia doesn't want to submit.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Russia didn't want to join. It wanted to play a superpower, probably fueled by some romantic make-belief..

Old 10-13-2017, 12:18 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
The rulers of Russia would never accept the conditions to join NATO. Rule of law, democracy, many things related to that are required. You can look these things up in the membership action plans. That's why Ukraine has a long ways to go if it really plans to join. But Russia is still controlled by those who would lose their status if they opened up the rule of the country to competition. On the contrary, they can hold onto power by presenting Europe and NATO as a threat which only their leaders can protect them from.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:38 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The rulers of Russia would never accept the conditions to join NATO. Rule of law, democracy, many things related to that are required. You can look these things up in the membership action plans. That's why Ukraine has a long ways to go if it really plans to join. But Russia is still controlled by those who would lose their status if they opened up the rule of the country to competition. On the contrary, they can hold onto power by presenting Europe and NATO as a threat which only their leaders can protect them from.
Then why is Turkey in NATO? Or Greece? (Greece was a dictatorship 1967–1974 and they joined in 1952)

Old 10-13-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Then why is Turkey in NATO? Or Greece? (Greece was a dictatorship 1967–1974 and they joined in 1952)
You ask too many questions. You are agent of bloody Mordor.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Russia didn't want to join. It wanted to play a superpower, probably fueled by some romantic make-belief..
Russia didn't want to join in the proposed conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe