Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 04:15 AM

202 posts, read 224,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You mean the Soviet Union invaded your Nazi-aligned Slovak Republic after it attacked the USSR? And you are surprised that the Soviets would attack a country after it had been attacked? Did you forget Hungary attack the Slovak Republic also? Did you forget the Slovak invasion of Poland? Did you forget the Slovaks deporting Jews to assist in the Holocaust? Di you forget the large number of Ukrainians as well as Russians and other Soviet military members who descended upon your country, yet somehow you only included Russia in this? Did you forget your Slovak Republic only rebelled against the Nazi's when it was clear the Soviets were going to win? Did you forget it was Brezhnev and Grenko who were both Ukrainian, along with most other Warsaw Pact countries that invaded Czeckoslovakia in 1968 resulting in what, 100 people killed?

And why you state "Russia" in this, very well knowing Russia was just a republic of the USSR?
LOL you should read a little more history you obviously don't know what you are talking about. In 1968 there wasn't any nazi country in central Europe and IIWW (that was started by Russians and Germans together in 1938 when they invaded Poland) was already a history. Soviet menas Russia nobody will ever refute that.
So Russian nazi invaded my beautiful and democratic country and left it died economically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 04:26 AM

44 posts, read 92,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Precisely 75 years ago Russian fascit beasts invaded my beautiful developed country and occupied us 20 years during which we had fallen from 10 most developed countries in the world to the most poorest in the world.
Your country has never been "beautiful" and "developed", just you're a loser in your real life and you looking for causes to blame in. Don't be silly, nobody in the world relates to slovakia seriously.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:12 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times
streetway

- You omit that Slovakia attacked Poland on the side of the Nazis too. So if we "started the WWII", you did it too.

Poles were our rivals for a long period of history. But they fought against the Nazis and they did a lot to weaken them. Slovaks, I'm sorry to say, mostly didn't.

That our politicians weren't flexible and clever enough to find a compromise with your country's president (a man with social-democratic views) in 1968 was in my opinion a biggest fault in our polics. I regret it very much. But even at that time there were people, who asked questions and criticized the politics of the party. There were Russian people among those, who asked questions. Again, you forgot it.

But even after that awful accident, your country was far from "dying". Probably, there was an opportunity to do more to improve the economics. In Hungary Janos Kadar did so.

Probably, Gustav Husak had a chance to act as Kadar and to do step-by-step reforms. He didn't ever try.

Well, it's all very interesting to discuss. But it was a long time ago. According to your profile, in 1989 you were a kid.

If Lech Walesa or someone like him would have come to this forum and said that you have said, I'd respect his words. For he fought for his ideas. You didn't. You pretend to fight when the fight is over. Your country is independent for a long time now. You are young and have a lot of things to do.

But instead of enjoying your life, you sit here and blame others for your problems. You have an independent country, and if you are frustrated with something, you have your whole young life to improve it yourself. Be proud, and free your mind from the hate.

Last edited by Muscovite; 08-23-2014 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 08:15 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
What's "compromise" Travric? What's "compromise"?
Well you now I'd say on every important global political discussion or debate in the modern age never the twain shall meet between Rossiya and the United States of America.The outlooks between the 'Big Two' are astounding. We give them McDonalds, Apple, Twitter, Facebook, I-phones, Me-phones, Bluetooth etc etc etc etc etc. But we get prescriptions for Tums, Rolaids, Bayer Aspirin (very good German product btw!!) and Xanax which are needed dealing with the troublesome predilections of our neighbor there in Asia. It's a truism: if they invade, that country and others pay'.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
How many times do you have to remind some of the posters on this thread that the Ukraine is a sovereign nation, it does not belong to Russia anymore. The fact that Russia entered the Ukraine without permission was a clear breach of international law, Russia thinks that this law does not apply to them.
LOL, that BS of sovereignty never existed for anyone, the US and NATO have proven sovereignty only exists for their purposes only, and is ignored in the pursuit of self interests. DO I need to remind you of the numerous violations of sovereignty the US and NATO have done recently?

Does that make what Russia is doing is right? Of course not, but it undermines your argument that there is some strict international observance of sovereignty, in which violating this is some sort of highly unusual event, when inf act it is not. A couple of posts ago I just posted about the US entering Syria with troops, did Syria invite the US in? Is this not a violation of sovereignty?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
LOL you should read a little more history you obviously don't know what you are talking about. In 1968 there wasn't any nazi country in central Europe and IIWW
I perfectly well know Nazisim did not exist in 1968, that was a distinct, separate idea and sentence, unrelated to the previous ones. I threw 1968 in there before you threw your next BS in about how Russia invaded your country in 1968.

Quote:
(that was started by Russians and Germans together in 1938 when they invaded Poland) was already a history.
Actually, no, the Slovak Republic invaded Poland as well, your country also started WW2 on the side of the Nazi's, did your history books in school forget to tell you this? You have the internet, feel free to go read.

Quote:
Soviet menas Russia nobody will ever refute that.
Ah, no, wrong yet again, have you been correct about anything? Is this what your schools teach you?

Russia was one of the 15 republics of the USSR. During the USSR, the country was led by people like Stalin (Georgian), Khrushchev (Russian), and Brezhnev (Ukrainian). As you see, it was a multi-ethnic country led by leaders who were not even Russia. It would be hard press to state "the USSR was Russia", when inf act there were numerous other ethnic groups, Russia was just a republic, and many of its higher ups in positions, including leadership of the USSR, were not Russian.

The creation of the USSR was out of the territory of the Russian Empire; numerous people of all ethnic groups fought for and against the Bolsheviks. The USSR was hardly a creation of "Russia", the very idea of the USSR has its roots in Germany, and German support. Numerous Russians and other ethnicities fought and died against and for the Bolsheviks. Was Russia the most powerful Republic? Yes, and Ukraine was right up there as the second most powerful, including providing ethnic Ukrainians some of the highest positions in the USSR including the second longest serving Soviet leader.

Quote:
So Russian nazi invaded my beautiful and democratic country and left it died economically.
Russian Nazi? What in the heck is that? Your country sided with the Nazi's, invaded Poland, invaded the USSR, yet you act shocked when the USSR retaliated against your country for invading them. It was only when the USSR was known to be winning did your country rebel against the Nazi's.

By the way, your country was never in its history economically significant, so you can quite the crying game that your country was at the status of the US or UK before the big bad Russians (Soviets), for no reason, took over your country.

Your school books must be a laugh, I would like to blame them 100%, but you have the internet to look this stuff up, and you choose not to.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
streetway

- You omit that Slovakia attacked Poland on the side of the Nazis too. So if we "started the WWII", you did it too.

Poles were our rivals for a long period of history. But they fought against the Nazis and they did a lot to weaken them. Slovaks, I'm sorry to say, mostly didn't.

That our politicians weren't flexible and clever enough to find a compromise with your country's president (a man with social-democratic views) in 1968 was in my opinion a biggest fault in our polics. I regret it very much. But even at that time there were people, who asked questions and criticized the politics of the party. There were Russian people among those, who asked questions. Again, you forgot it.

But even after that awful accident, your country was far from "dying". Probably, there was an opportunity to do more to improve the economics. In Hungary Janos Kadar did so.

Probably, Gustav Husak had a chance to act as Kadar and to do step-by-step reforms. He didn't ever try.

Well, it's all very interesting to discuss. But it was a long time ago. According to your profile, in 1989 you were a kid.

If Lech Walesa or someone like him would have come to this forum and said that you have said, I'd respect his words. For he fought for his ideas. You didn't. You pretend to fight when the fight is over. Your country is independent for a long time now. You are young and have a lot of things to do.

But instead of enjoying your life, you sit here and blame others for your problems. You have an independent country, and if you are frustrated with something, you have your whole young life to improve it yourself. Be proud, and free your mind from the hate.

Slovak army invaded areas that belonged to Slovakia and were populated by Slovaks, all of those regions were source of problems between Czechoslovakia and Poland. When Hitler said that Slovak troops could proceed to Warsaw, Tiso rejected his proposal. But Russians and Germans simply split the Europe so Russian communists could have spread their nonsense outside the Soviet Union borders.
Well I actually don't care about it because as you wrote I was born long after, I am just here to remind how Russians behaved how they spread their hatred and genocides and compare it to the nowadays situation.
Hungary could hardly have been successful because it was poorer than occupied Czechoslovakia.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by André89 View Post
Your country has never been "beautiful" and "developed", just you're a loser in your real life and you looking for causes to blame in. Don't be silly, nobody in the world relates to slovakia seriously.
Regarding your negro problems and future Sharia status my country is way more developed. Czechoslovakia belonged to the industrialized countries since the Austrian empire collapsed and that was 100 years ago just FYI.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I perfectly well know Nazisim did not exist in 1968, that was a distinct, separate idea and sentence, unrelated to the previous ones. I threw 1968 in there before you threw your next BS in about how Russia invaded your country in 1968.

Actually, no, the Slovak Republic invaded Poland as well, your country also started WW2 on the side of the Nazi's, did your history books in school forget to tell you this? You have the internet, feel free to go read.

Ah, no, wrong yet again, have you been correct about anything? Is this what your schools teach you?

Russia was one of the 15 republics of the USSR. During the USSR, the country was led by people like Stalin (Georgian), Khrushchev (Russian), and Brezhnev (Ukrainian). As you see, it was a multi-ethnic country led by leaders who were not even Russia. It would be hard press to state "the USSR was Russia", when inf act there were numerous other ethnic groups, Russia was just a republic, and many of its higher ups in positions, including leadership of the USSR, were not Russian.

The creation of the USSR was out of the territory of the Russian Empire; numerous people of all ethnic groups fought for and against the Bolsheviks. The USSR was hardly a creation of "Russia", the very idea of the USSR has its roots in Germany, and German support. Numerous Russians and other ethnicities fought and died against and for the Bolsheviks. Was Russia the most powerful Republic? Yes, and Ukraine was right up there as the second most powerful, including providing ethnic Ukrainians some of the highest positions in the USSR including the second longest serving Soviet leader.

Russian Nazi? What in the heck is that? Your country sided with the Nazi's, invaded Poland, invaded the USSR, yet you act shocked when the USSR retaliated against your country for invading them. It was only when the USSR was known to be winning did your country rebel against the Nazi's.

By the way, your country was never in its history economically significant, so you can quite the crying game that your country was at the status of the US or UK before the big bad Russians (Soviets), for no reason, took over your country.

Your school books must be a laugh, I would like to blame them 100%, but you have the internet to look this stuff up, and you choose not to.
Russia is a successor state of the Soviet union from obvious reason, Russia was a driving force of the Soviet nion.
I don't understand what has Slovak State to do with the fact that Russians also invaded Poland and started the IIWW ? How am I wrong ?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Russia is a successor state of the Soviet union from obvious reason, Russia was a driving force of the Soviet nion.
Russia became a successor state because;

- it had 51% of the population, which the UN agreed was an important factor along with its land mass.
- most importantly, in exchange for a seat on the UN Security Council, one of the most important elements was Russia agreed to take on all Soviet debts, which Russia paid off in a little over ten years (there are actually a couple of disputes still ongoing, legal issues). The eleven members of the CIS all agreed for Russia to act as the successor to the USSR.
- the USSR was actually a successor to the Russian Empire due to it was born of of it, so it was basically a normal transitional feeling that the namesake "Russia" would be the successor to the USSR which took its imperial place decades before.

Quote:
I don't understand what has Slovak State to do with the fact that Russians also invaded Poland and started the IIWW ? How am I wrong ?
Well, it was actually Germany's invasion that started WW2, no one declared war on the USSR, therefore the USSR's invasion on Poland is a moot point since no one responded.

And while you state Russia invaded Poland, which is correct, you leave out Slovak did also. You want to lay all blame on Russia, yet omitting your own country. Your country declared war on the US and UK in 1941. You also omit the issues between Poland and the USSR and the former Russian Empire over territory, which predates WW2 by centuries; you want to start history between the USSR and Poland in 1939. You forget that this invasion was directly out of the 1919 treaty, and that the area the USSR annexed actually had numerous non-Poles residing there that welcomed the Soviets in as they were anti-Polish residents who fell under Poland's rule when Poland seized the territory decades before.

And while you are on the "Russia" bandwagon, you omit that three key people who led this invasion were not even Russian, one was Georgian and two were Ukrainian. So your drum beat of "only Russians were bad", have been proven incorrect numerous times, and many posters have provided you plenty of examples of the ethnicities that participated in the USSR, which negates your view that only Russians were responsible for everything Soviet.

By the way, nothing personal against Slovakia, I like the place, one of my favorite places in Europe to visit and I think the most friendly people in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe