Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Part of your problem - may be, since your sources of information are very limited, apparently, tailored to your own beliefs. But me - I get my information from different sources - English-speaking and Russian-speaking of all kind, and get a more objective picture. And this picture is not as rosy as yours - I can tell you that much.
Right back at you Erasure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
That may or may not be. Who knows, there are millions of people involved so I am sure there are a lot of bad things going on from both sides.
The East Ukrainians are a very rowdy bunch ( as I've already said, the Donezk region in paricular is the blue color region, ) - they are agressive, they can maim and kill - that's for sure, but the major difference between them and the gangs from the West is that the Easterners stay within their own area, they have no any particular agenda other than defending their own home and they definitely have no interest in going West and imposing there their own rules. The thugs from West Ukraine and all kind of nationalists DO have an agenda and they DO intend to spread their rule over the Eastern part of Ukraine. They won't leave East Ukrainians alone, and that's why what's unfolding is so brutal and deadly.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leagas View Post

Not to worry, Kyivpost ( the mouthpiece of Kiev's government) has already published the "results of investigation." As it turns out, the "separatists" have set themselves on fire, not knowing how to use Molotov cocktails "properly," apparently.

Last edited by erasure; 05-04-2014 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-04-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
From maps and news it seems that Russians have brought up just two dozens of armoured and mechanised battaillons, too few to mount any serious threat to Eastern Ukraine.
If it's true and Russians have brought even that little help, it would be still a big boost of moral support for people of Donetsk.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
If it's true and Russians have brought even that little help, it would be still a big boost of moral support for people of Donetsk.
Those forces are on the border, if they entered in Ukraine it would mean war.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Those forces are on the border, if they entered in Ukraine it would mean war.
Ah, I see.
I've heard Peskov said ( whoever he is) that Putin is getting a lot of calls from Ukrainians ( East Ukrainians I assume) with plea for help. After events in Odessa ( Odessa out of all places! - a city that was usually pretty quiet, with no particular presence of the Right Sector) I can believe it.
But I imagine that Putin is doing his little dance by now ("diplomacy resolutions" or what's not,) however I suspect it won't last for long.
In all honesty, I dislike Putin greatly ( to put it mildly,) but I feel sorry for East Ukrainians.
I think the situation is galvanizing Russia, Putin or not - Russians already don't care, they are just looking at what's unfolding across their border.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
I saw many posts on ukrainian forums full of hate to russians, they are very happy of what happened in Odessa. I don't want to convince you, I want to give you an information
Odessa was once nice and peaceful. Sure curious about Kiev right now, no dubt the the epicenter of 'traitors' among 'Russians'. Are there 'pro-Russians' there? Quiet as the grave. Or just a wait on opportunity for more unrest?

Old 05-04-2014, 12:32 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Odessa was once nice and peaceful. Sure curious about Kiev right now, no dubt the the epicenter of 'traitors' among 'Russians'. Are there 'pro-Russians' there? Quiet as the grave. Or just a wait on opportunity for more unrest?
Today 5000 of odessits demanded release about 60 of the supporters of the federalization from the jail. Most of the RS are out of Odessa on the way to Hkarkiv and the rest of them are sitting in their homes very quietly. On their place I would escape of Odessa because a lot of the relatives of the dead people want to revenge.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Odessa was once nice and peaceful.
It was. Until the Right sector showed up there ( it looks like they are gathering in the center of the city today again.)

Quote:
Sure curious about Kiev right now, no dubt the the epicenter of 'traitors' among 'Russians'. Are there 'pro-Russians' there? Quiet as the grave. Or just a wait on opportunity for more unrest?
I'm sure there are "pro-Russians" there too, just very few, so I don't foresee any unrest in Kiev for this matter.
As it already has been noted many times before, Ukraine has never been a homogenous country in terms of culture/beliefs/historic background.
So it's better for everyone to part their ways for now to prevent more bloodshed, no matter how much the West is pushing for "unity" at all cost. I understand it's pursuing its own goals in Ukraine and the main reason for it is the "Russian question," but alas.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:39 PM

235 posts, read 211,138 times
Default Odessa Released from the police Department the activist of antimaidan

We finished off, scored sticks to death, many people had the weapons, shotguns.
Killed 116(!) people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe