Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 11:57 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
1. Who can know...
The history speaks to us that tyrants don't live long.

2. And about Chechnya - there the president "the best friend" of Putin Kadyrov who sold the people for a bag of dollars.

3. It is hated by all Muslim world for its treachery. And now he even sleeps with the bodyguard: )

4. And if to speak about Georgia, in Abkhazia and Ossetia the sitution is very similar to a situation in the Crimea probably...

5. I know that it were problem regions in Georgia, the people of one country there were at enmity as well as in the Crimea Russians and Ukrainians now are at enmity...

6. So the referendum in the Caucasus is a fantasy: )
1. I don't know about that--after all, the Communists were in power in the Soviet Union for 74 years (between 1917 and 1991).

2. Yes, I am aware of Kadyrov and his closeness with Putin (as well as of Kadyrov's alleged penchant for sexy parties--and Yes, I am serious about this part).

3. I would not be surprised by this.

4. Yes, it is, other than for the fact that Russia might be punished/penalized (much) more by the West for its actions in Crimea.

5. Yes, you are correct on this.

6. Agreed, unfortunately. A referendum in the Caucasus will certainly not happen right now or at any point in the near future. However, maybe things in regards to this will change 100 years from now, 200 years from now, or even longer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 03:07 AM

435 posts, read 420,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Yes, this is the old song... Russian TV are lying, ukrainian TV are truthful...
I just watched Ukrainian "Podrobnosti" by the "Inter" channel. And I had a really bad feelings about their eloquent false attitude. So, keep listening "the truth" from your TV.
You that not in the right mind from the Russian promotion?
It is written in Russia by people who were on meeting. Read Facebook.... What it is related to the Ukrainian television?
God!
Makarevich wrote the truth: "Not to rescue these people any more"..

Old 03-16-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Where exactly did you get this 85+% from?
Probably there somewhere 60% are the truth.
But 40%, which remained with Ukraine.... what to do with them? It is a lot of.

Last edited by From Ukraine; 03-16-2014 at 03:53 AM..

Old 03-16-2014, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
There are no any Russian troops in Georgia. They are in South Ossetia which asked Russia to secure them from Georgia.
Russian troops in Moldova? Oh, c'mon. They are not invaders there. They are peacemaking forces as well. But the western media intentionally perverts this fact.
In Ukraine (in the Crimea) too the Russian armies were "just like that"...
But in a week they easily and quickly became "invaders".
And I think what not just like that Nazarbayev (Kazakhstan) ordered to strengthen the borders and urgently to check a condition of army...
Well and Lukashenko (Belarus) too plays the game: he allowed Putin to place army on borders of Belarus and Russia and at the same time publicly maintained "teritorrialny integrity "Ukraine and told in one interview that "The Kremlin never influenced it and won't be in the future".

Russia has no friends any more, Kadyrov, "the hero of Russia", killed thousands Russians and receiving money from Putin just cries out.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Throughout this day (today), I've thought a lot about the Crimea. Honestly, I am thinking that the best long-term move for Russia (from a purely strategic point of view) in regards to this would be to avoid de jure annexing the Crimea, to avoid going further in Ukraine, but to still try very hard to economically improve the Crimea and to bring more Russians there so that it will have decent chances of winning a free and fair referendum there in a couple of/in several decades (if such a referendum will occur there at this point in time).

Thoughts?
I wrote much about economy of the Crimea earlier, watch other pages)
There is information on money which Russia "promised", and about "new orders" in providing the island with products, and that inhabitants already have the blocked deposits.

yesterday I read that in one of banks already there is a lot of currency "ruble"... And now it will be a parallel currency zone.
Inhabitants of the island already have increase the price for 15-20% because military don't let to the car city with products.
They can have problems with fuel soon.

And as Russia is going to provide with resources the island without continent I at all I don't want and to think.

Very much I sympathize with inhabitants of the Crimea, but after all 60% from them wanted it.....
I they think they didn't know what "shock therapy" will receive.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 AM

Quote:

6. Agreed, unfortunately. A referendum in the Caucasus will certainly not happen right now or at any point in the near future. However, maybe things in regards to this will change 100 years from now, 200 years from now, or even longer than that.
Here it is possible to think much: )

If Russia now doesn't stop that it will appear in full isolation.
I think as soon as it becomes vulnerable that all attached violently "splinters of other countries" will declare the rights.

The Caucasus long waited for it... and guerrilla war in Chechnya never stopped.
They probably think will be the first who will try will be exempted from "embraces of the brother of the Russian"

Old 03-16-2014, 06:22 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
You that not in the right mind from the Russian promotion?
It is written in Russia by people who were on meeting. Read Facebook.... What it is related to the Ukrainian television?
God!
Makarevich wrote the truth: "Not to rescue these people any more"..
I recently pointed out that your news was a blatant lie (news about the fact that Russia is ready to stop the annexation of the Crimea if Ukraine will make concessions).

I have a feeling that you are living in a dream world. Be careful when this world will be destroyed.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
I do not agree that Putin is a tyrant. Yes, he deftly removed all competitors in government. But a tyrant ... I think that the tyrant can not allow a song about him:

Ð*абфак - Путин, Прощай! - YouTube
Ð*абфак - Ё**ный Стыд! - YouTube
Семён Слепаков: Песня российского чиновника - YouTube

But the authors of these songs are at liberty and feel good.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

But the authors of these songs are at liberty and feel good.

And how the operation Nort-Ost about which you so quickly forgot?
And you here speak to me about songs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe