Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Russia is the biggest destabalizing force in Europe today. Your crimes make you repugnant to European norms.

You leverage gas for purposes of coersion.

You engage in cyber attacks on the Baltic states.

You support Lukashenko in Belarus despite incredible human rights abuses.

You rough up Polish members of government in broad daylight, in Russia.

You contaminated an entire section of London (hospital) with plutonium, an act of war, just to poison Alexander Litvinenko.

You invaded and disallow Georgia to make its own decisions with respect to its future.

You occupy Moldova and refuse to remove your troops, bully the government, boycot wine to keep the nation poor and deny the country EU membership, reunification with Romania, etc.

You try to buy off Ukraine and supported Yanukovich who POISONED Viktor Yushchenko!

You have now invaded Crimea despite the fact that you agreed to respect its territorial integrity.

You were incapable of even stabilizing the Caucuses and were willing to allow that human rights disappear there.

You force Armenia to be a client vassal state (when it was YOU who redrew the map to create the Nagorno-Kharabahk problem).

You support Iran's mullahs, huge human rights abusers.

Maybe you Russians want to have 5 more Kalingrads in Europe. But since you seem to love plebecites so much, let's start with the Republic of Karelia and let's let it have a plebecite: Do you want to remain a part of the Russian Federation? Yes or No.
Can you put your hand on the Holy Bible and say - I swear, it is truth? And I totally aware of responsibility of my words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 04:08 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Many of your other points here appears to be very good, but in regards to these two points of yours, it is worth noting that the U.S. supports various huge human rights abusers as well, such as Saudi Arabia, where homosexuality unfortunately results in the death penalty.

This is tu quoque. I never said I was in agreement with the United States' alignment with Saudi Arabia, especially since Saudi engages in policies such as the one you have pointed out. In fact, I oppose it. But Russia engages in a similar policy itself, and thus, it's disingenuous to bring this up.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:10 PM

435 posts, read 420,260 times
Quote:
A slightly better translation of this would be: "And you genuinely believe that Georgia attacked Russia?"

(For the record, I myself am a fluent Russian speaker as well. )
yes for those who knows geography and a little bit history, it was possible not to translate at all: )
It is a pity that Russians only ignore this subject at any translation

Old 03-15-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I very much wait for the same from you: )
But I think that you will see that happens to Russia even less than in a year: )
There can be 5-6 months... or 1-2 months if Putin decided to begin really war in Ukraine.

P.S. And if you read more attentively my posts, would see that I agree with division of Ukraine (if it is without military intervention).
And the real nationalists never would give also a slice of the Homeland to "okuppant".
So with the analysis of political views of the opponent at you too it is bad: )
Let's wait 2-3 months as you suggested and will see the results of the "revolution" for your country.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-15-2014 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary

Old 03-15-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
You are using some kind of online translator and often saying really stupid things, so I can't understand your posts much. Let's wait 2-3 months as you suggested and will see the results of the "revolution" for your country.
When you told about the truth and the Bible, I completely have now your portrait for myself.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
1. This is tu quoque. I never said I was in agreement with the United States' alignment with Saudi Arabia, especially since Saudi engages in policies such as the one you have pointed out. In fact, I oppose it. But Russia engages in a similar policy itself, and thus, it's disingenuous to bring this up.
I suppose you could interpret it that way, but my point here was that the U.S. itself is not particularly clean when it comes to this either. Thus, if someone attacks Russia for these things, then he or she should be aware that his or her criticism in regards to this likewise applies to the U.S.

And Yes, I obviously agree with you that the fact that both Russia and the U.S. align with such countries is not a completely good thing (it does benefit Russia's and the U.S.'s national interests in certain cases, but the human rights abuses in countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, et cetera are genuinely atrocious).

As a side note, it is nice to see another poster from the OC (Orange County) on this section of this forum!

Old 03-15-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
As a side note, it is nice to see another poster from the OC (Orange County) on this section of this forum!
High-5 Futurist!

Old 03-15-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
When you told about the truth and the Bible, I completely have now your portrait for myself.
If my portrait in your imagination is very similar to your history knowledge then I look really ugly.

Last edited by musiqum; 03-15-2014 at 04:43 PM..

Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Can you put your hand on the Holy Bible and say - I swear, it is truth? And I totally aware of responsibility of my words?
I am interested in knowing which of the things I listed are untrue since you seem concerned for my soul.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:48 PM

And the Russian television continues us "to please" with the frank lie:
Makarevich (the known Russian musician) after anti-war meeting in Russia told that in meeting took part more than 50 000 Russians. At the same time the Russian police sounded figure on television - only 3000 Russians.
Makarevich tells also that he nearly didn't undergo physical attack for a blue-yellow tape. But him recognized as the public person and didn't begin to beat but only offended much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe