Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM

435 posts, read 420,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

Man, I'd rep you yet again, but I can't do anymore at the moment.
I am a woman, but it is unimportant: ) Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 02:33 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
I don't know the answer. But I doubt that people want to go in one direction.
Me either. What I am afraid of is WAR between Russians and Ukrainians. I do not want it to happen. It reminds me of too much history. Sometimes knowing history is terrible. Why? Because you already have an idea of how things can go and where things can lead. Events do have a mind of their own. Sometimes men, to their detriment, cannot control them.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:35 PM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times
Quote:
armies will come to the east Ukraine.
I hope they won't.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Yes that is true and that is why when he saw it he probably threw an ashtray into the tv set. He has to be a p****d off man. But at the same time it is a difficult game here. What will Europe and the US do if Russia makes a move to invade more Ukrainian territory? That surely will drive a dagger into a possible solution to Mr. Putin's recalcitrant 'Ukrainain' problem.

And GK, if 'FU' is talking 'nonsense' what can we say of the spurious Russian 'righteousness' in this situation? I agree that it is a good quality to have when the cause is just. But mr. Putin's idea is set out to destroy a culture of 'brothers' who obviously differ on their future which by the way they have a right to follow.
Through the East of Ukraine there is a gas transit to Europe. I think that here already Europe won't close an eye as in a case with the Crimea...
But I know that already there is also other way for gas transit outside Ukraine...
I think we learn everything after a referendum in the Crimea if Putin goes east further Ukraine.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
I am and always have been for the unification of the European nations (not the EUSSR with the Eurocrat apparatchik we see today, that's something else), cruelly divided by the Iron Curtain after WW2. Knowing Germany well and having a deep sympathy for the German people, I mourned the division of Germany , i was a firsthand witness of the reality if the Berlin Wall during my military duties in 1976.
When Germany was reunified in 1990, I was happy, but if the Soviet leaders had reacted like the Western leaders today concerning Crimea, the Reunification would have never have happened because they would have threatened the West with "serious reprisals" , East Germany being an independent country with a seat at the UNO, it couldn't be absorbed by West Germany. fortunately Gorbatschow knew better than our Obama MerkelCameron and Holland today.Our leaders today are pitifully inadequate. They want to divide again Europe and are gearing the world towards a new Cold War. They are dangerous .

Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I am a woman, but it is unimportant: ) Thanks.
The expression "man" was not directed towards your sex.

Nevermind!

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-14-2014 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
When Germany was reunified in 1990,
I'm proud that we let them to reunify. West European leaders were more skeptical.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:00 PM

Today I heard from inhabitants of the Crimea who support Ukraine such offer:
If the Crimea is a part of Russia, they will wait while Russia will elect the new president, and will ask then it to return the Crimea to Ukraine...

It is awful.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:04 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Today I heard from inhabitants of the Crimea who support Ukraine such offer:
If the Crimea is a part of Russia, they will wait while Russia will elect the new president, and will ask then it to return the Crimea to Ukraine...

It is awful.
I am not sure that Putin will leave power anytime soon.

Also, a good way to resolve this dispute over the Crimea might be to hold a free and fair referendum there (in contrast to the sham referendum which is actually gong to be held there).

And Yes, I would support holding referendums in areas/territories such as Chechnya as well (in Chechnya's case, I would support doing this after the problem of Islamic extremism signifcantly decreases there).

Old 03-14-2014, 03:08 PM

From Ukraine

But you said that your country doesn't really need the peninsula. Perhaps I misunderstood you. In fact you country will become more unified in the aspects of language and culture after that.

We will have more problems. You will have less problems.

You also will have an opportunity to present yourself as a victim in the eyes of Europeans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe