Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM

435 posts, read 420,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
Maybe Russia has a very simple solution in mind that won't require any troops or bloodshed....they will just wait until winter and turn off the natural gas and see how many people suddenly profess their love..! Stock up on firewood now!

Occupation takes many forms. Most "occupations" fail because the Occupier either tries to stomp out all forms of opposition and creates enemies from those who might have been indifferent or friendly or the Occupier actually has good intentions but mistakenly feels that all sides to a conflict will decide just embrace each other and work together for a common good with fairness for all.... People need to be of similar mind and goals for unification to work after a conflict. Don't know if the Ukraine is one of those places....unfortunately...
Unfortunately association in Ukraine won't be. In the South and the East there are a lot of people who want to Russia.

It is unpleasant to me to tell it, but it seems to me that many Ukrainians already reconciled to loss of the Crimea.
And many Ukrainians even in thoughts already lost the East.
I too now understand that we won't be able to hold all areas in Ukraine.

If people want "to think in Russian", we can't force "to think them in an European way"
I don't know what it will matter for creation of our new state.
Now I am excited those that will be with the center of Ukraine (namely with Kiev). Hope all of us we will be together with the West in this war. And I don't hope long ago for friendship with the East and the South... There many years nobody was engaged in introduction of the Ukrainian national idea therefore people there very much differ from us.

It as "an international abyss" in one country..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:42 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Funny, did not you bring any reliable evidence.
You are a good example what outrageous nonsense an average Russian chauvinist on Kamchatka, itching for a blitzkrieg, finds believable. Entire world, except Syrian dictator, finds your propaganda to be insane, insulting to a below average intelligence and full of lies, yet Russian chauvinistic urges cannot be overridden by world' opinion and easily accessible information.
Quote:
I also provided a letter and video of the West Channel,
Since when info from a lonely Western Channel became an authority for you? What happened?
Quote:
as the U.S. was planning to seize power in Ukraine. So no need to loud false statements
Comrade, what does this nonsensical sentence mean, pardon my French? Explain, this idiocy is probably self-obvious for the Russians drowning in the chauvinistic frenzy. But, please, don't hold the rest of us for idiots. The fact that you are not ashamed of typing this insulting to human intelligence nonsense is very telling.

Tell us, comrade, just be honest. Is majority of Russians brainwashed (willingly or not) to believe garbage like this?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:46 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Ok that now makes more sense and I see what your saying. Although I think you mean Finns were forced to learn the Swedish language and culture not the Swedes were forced to learn the Swedish language!

The funny thing is that the Russians started treating the Finns just as bad, actually probably worse. So I do not think many Finns will thank Russia for saving them!

Russification of Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, ultimately the Grand Duchy period was a good thing for Finland, as it taught us to govern ourselves, helped to turn to a market-economy instead of giving a quota for Stockholm and it was actually peaceful here. But the Finns don't thank Russia, but Alexander I and Alexander II. The first one maybe gave us the autonomy partly as a necessity, as he didn't want to have a rebellious duchy entangled in guerrilla warfare close to St. Petersburg when having his hands full with Napoleon.
On the other hand, not being fully independent hampered the industrial revolution and we had to pay taxes to an army that wasn't really ours. Also the Russian nobility was in theory above the law as Finnish courts couldn't prosecute them, and were always pardoned by the Czar. Usually they played nice though, I'll give them that.

Alexander II again, well here's the short story: Alexander II of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Russification, in Finnish called the years of oppression, tells just as much how nice the period was. The youngster, Eugen Schauman, who shot General Governor Bobrikov in 1904 is still considered a national hero today.

So I thank the Alexanders, especially the second, but have no reason to thank Russia or Nicholas I or II in any way.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Another prime example of savagery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYW3nlBwZk
Lying sob for a Russian minister of foreign affairs claimed that it's pro-Ukrainian forces (brought from the Western Ukraine) beat up and killed peaceful Russian demonstrators, then he threatened an invasion to restore order and protect Russians in Donetsk. Even though it's plainly obvious that pro-Russian demonstrators (mostly thuggish young men, I bet Kamchatka comrade can recognize those by just looking at them) attacked, humiliated and killed Russian speaking demonstrators holding opposite views.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:04 AM

It too most when Russia declared that Russians run from Ukraine from "fascists", and that already 140000 people ran away to Russia: )

And the picture took not on border with Russia, and on border with Poland. Then it was noticed by our journalists and told the whole world...

Even the public shame of the favourite journalist Putin Kiselyov for the whole world didn't stop lie but only increased it: )

Again I remember Goebbels: than lie of subjects a high probability there is more that will believe in it.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Read below. This is precious!

While building up troops at the Ukrainian border, Putin unleashes his "dogs" to Eastern Ukrainian cities to create chaos and clashes in order to have an excuse to invade the country.

Please note that the troops buildup had begun before the most violent clashes started! (so they are ready to strike when the timing is right)

"Russia issues warning after fatal clashes in Ukraine city of Donetsk"

"Moscow declares right to 'protect compatriots' and accuses Kiev over violence between pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainian protesters"

"Tensions between Russia and Ukraine rose higher on Friday as casualties mounted from clashes between pro- and anti-Russian protesters in Donetsk and the Russian foreign ministry suggested it could intervene to protect lives."

"Ukrainian media said pro-Russian protesters had attacked first, but the foreign ministry and Russian media reported that armed men had attacked peaceful pro-Russian demonstrators. In a statement released in response to the clashes, the foreign ministry said Kiev was not in control of the situation in the country and had failed to guarantee demonstrators' safety"

"The statement...hinted that Russian forces could intervene in eastern Ukraine to protect Russians there, the same justification used for sending troops to occupy key facilities in Crimea."

"Some of the people definitely came from Russia to provoke people, but I don't know exactly how many of them there were..."

Here is the link:

Russia issues warning after fatal clashes in Ukraine city of Donetsk | World news | theguardian.com

The Fuehrer is ready for the full-scale invasion!

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-14-2014 at 11:33 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Ok that now makes more sense and I see what your saying. Although I think you mean Finns were forced to learn the Swedish language and culture not the Swedes were forced to learn the Swedish language!

The funny thing is that the Russians started treating the Finns just as bad, actually probably worse. So I do not think many Finns will thank Russia for saving them!

Russification of Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, I talked about the Finns ! From the 12th century to these places began raiding the Swedish feudal lords , from the late 13th century, the country was finally subdued themRussian - Swedish War (1808-1809) , ended with the victory of the Russian Empire According to the results of the actual promotion of the Russian army , the Russian army liberated the land of Finland , Аland and the eastern part of Ostrobothnia to Tornio and Muonio rivers . They were returned to Sweden for an everlasting possession of the Russian Empire . Edge went on Treaty of Hamina in the property and possession of the Sovereign of the Russian Empire .With regard to this wikipedia it is not objective and does not speak in Prince pi about anything. Yes, but Russification was what it was and how it affected the Finns and their culture. Were prohibitions of their culture ?How about this - after Russian - Swedish war in 1809 .Alexander I promised Finns keep their constitution and fundamental laws , after which members of the Sejm acknowledged him as their sovereign , and took the oath of allegiance .During the Russian government, for the first time in history , the Finns feel ourselves united nation , with a common culture and history. Everywhere reigned patriotic enthusiasm .During the reign of Alexander II, Finland experienced rapid cultural and economic development. Were built the first railroads appeared Finnish national currency , compulsory schooling , Finnish theater gave the first presentation .
why do not you talk about it?
As for the war in '39, I agree with you it was bad and unworthy. but in this case was a cost-effective alternative for Finland, they would get in 2 times more land, than we have taken away after.
Know. When it comes to Russia for some reason everyone always remember only black spots, but bright forget that often brought freedom to the nations.
But the most important thing that you (foreign country)forget its more black acts against other nations.
Such double standards practiced EU and the U.S. today.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-14-2014 at 11:24 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 11:21 AM

And meanwhile I continue to watch stock market of Russia. Here that is today:
http://images.unian.net/photos/2014_...06244-8350.jpg

Today I read that one of shareholders "Gazprom" already sold the actions... What's next?
The head of our parliament Yatsenyuk told yesterday one phrase, and I will quote it: "The Third World War won't use equipment and the weapon. It will use political and economic methods of influence"

Probably the Third World War began already now.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-14-2014 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe