Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 03:14 PM

435 posts, read 420,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I am not sure that Putin will leave power anytime soon.

Also, a good way to resolve this dispute over the Crimea might be to hold a free and fair referendum there (in contrast to the sham referendum which is actually gong to be held there).

And Yes, I would support holding referendums in areas/territories such as Chechnya as well (in Chechnya's case, I would support doing this after the problem of Islamic extremism signifcantly decreases there).
Who can know...
The history speaks to us that tyrants don't live long.
And about Chechnya - there the president "the best friend" of Putin Kadyrov who sold the people for a bag of dollars.
It is hated by all Muslim world for its treachery. And now he even sleeps with the bodyguard: )

And if to speak about Georgia, in Abkhazia and Ossetia the sitution is very similar to a situation in the Crimea probably...
I know that it were problem regions in Georgia, the people of one country there were at enmity as well as in the Crimea Russians and Ukrainians now are at enmity...

So the referendum in the Caucasus is a fantasy: )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:16 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I am sure that in the Crimea operation won't end. We will look that you will think up when the Russian armies will come to the east Ukraine.
Are your equipment and soldiers there fake too?
It not they? )
I guess only time will tell who is right. Just try not to exclude the version that the truth is not only in Ukrainian news, but also in Russian.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
From Ukraine

But you said that your country doesn't really need the peninsula. Perhaps I misunderstood you. In fact you country will become more unified in the aspects of language and culture after that.

We will have more problems. You will have less problems.

You also will have an opportunity to present yourself as a victim in the eyes of Europeans
Yes, I think that the Crimea isn't necessary to us as very difficult region. You understood correctly.
But I tell it as the skeptic because I understand that there always there will be a hostility, and 60-70% of Russians will always want the union with Russia.
But what to do from other 30-40% who doesn't want...

If we for example had a program of migration of Ukrainians of the Crimea to other regions of Ukraine (the West and the center)... But we have no such program for such large number of Ukrainians and Tatars of the Crimea.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:27 PM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times
Quote:
mple had a program of migration of Ukrainians of the Crimea to other regions of Ukraine (the West and the center)...
Yes, it might be an interesting solution.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I guess only time will tell who is right. Just try not to exclude the version that the truth is not only in Ukrainian news, but also in Russian.
I know it.
But misinformation in Russia is the biggest in the world probably now: )
Therefore I ask you to read and the Ukrainian resources.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:32 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Reminds me of the South Tyrol Option Agreement. Awful...

Old 03-14-2014, 03:33 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
From Ukraine

But you said that your country doesn't really need the peninsula. Perhaps I misunderstood you. In fact you country will become more unified in the aspects of language and culture after that.
Add East Ukraine to that.
I think it's coming.

Russia issues warning after fatal clashes in Ukraine city of Donetsk | World news | theguardian.com

After the nationalists became the driving force behind Maidan's militant takeover, it was all down the tube from there.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I am afraid that Europe doesn't need a large number of the population.
They want will get rid and of unprofitable regions of Ukraine and of the population...
When earlier we obtained the credits, the most part from them was used for social needs and payments....
And on economy of money didn't suffice...
Therefore if to look from a position of anti-recessionary management in the country... I also had suspicions that Europe intentionally doesn't undertake any actions against Russia. They simply wait when Russia will take away part of Ukraine...

Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Yes, I think that the Crimea isn't necessary to us as very difficult region. You understood correctly.
But I tell it as the skeptic because I understand that there always there will be a hostility, and 60-70% of Russians will always want the union with Russia.
But what to do from other 30-40% who doesn't want...

If we for example had a program of migration of Ukrainians of the Crimea to other regions of Ukraine (the West and the center)... But we have no such program for such large number of Ukrainians and Tatars of the Crimea.
They ( the government in Kiev) better start thinking about it.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Add East Ukraine to that.
I think it's coming.

Russia issues warning after fatal clashes in Ukraine city of Donetsk | World news | theguardian.com

After the nationalists became the driving force behind Maidan's militant takeover, it was all down the tube from there.
Nationalists here not and, my friend: )
You watch the card of transit of gas across Ukraine... you look to the east and to the south where it goes... Putin wants a half of Ukraine where a gas pipe and transit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe