Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
This is exactly the answer I expected!

You're so predictable (and unfair!)

Unfair, because your assumption that I'm from Ukraine was probably based on the fact that my understanding of relations between Eastern and Western Ukraine is good enough, no?
Nooo)))), it's the other way around - if you were from Ukraine, then your understanding of relations between Eastern and Western parts of Ukraine should come more or less automatically. ( So I'm fair.)
But you are right, you might not be from Ukraine at all ( I was thinking more in terms of another poster who used to participate on Ukrainian thread earlier and who was very much involved in a subject, like you are ) or someone like RemeberMee who most likely has family ties in Ukraine ( just my guess.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
I see Mr. Putin wants to talk with Mr. Obama. Interesting and he doesn't evenm mention the Crimea. I learned a little bit of things in Transnistria...a pro-Russian which broke away from Moldava. maybe another powder keg and 'pretext' for coming in proetcting them? Allegedly 1000 Russian roops have already been there to keep the peace. So another area to add to the 'Ukraine' probelm in this diplomatic discussion.

And oh maybe some congratulations to Ilya Ponamarev, the deputy of Novosibirsk. he's the '1' of the 445-1 where the majority voted to anenxt the Crimea. Why did he vote that way? To note to Mr. Putin that 'some' other Russians might differ with popular opinion. he's a two term deputy in Novosibirsk. But now he's termed as 'fifth columnist' and a 'national traitor'. I tell you he's 38..Russia undoubted eats her young leaders.....;-)

Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
"Russian President Vladimir Putin phoned his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, on Friday to discuss the tenuous situation in Ukraine..."

Putin calls Obama about 'diplomatic solution' to Ukraine crisis - CNN.com

Old 03-29-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Nooo)))), it's the other way around - if you were from Ukraine, then your understanding of relations between Eastern and Western parts of Ukraine should come more or less automatically. ( So I'm fair.)
But you are right, you might not be from Ukraine at all ( I was thinking more in terms of another poster who used to participate on Ukrainian thread earlier and who was very much involved in a subject, like you are ) or someone like RemeberMee who most likely has family ties in Ukraine ( just my guess.)
I'll not argue with you. After all, you're supposed to be older...

Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 AM

"Moscow has no intention of sending troops into Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said...His comments came after the US and Russian presidents discussed a possible diplomatic solution to the crisis. "

"But the Kremlin's account of the phone call suggests there is some hard bargaining ahead. "

BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Russia vows no invasion

Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,741 times
Quote:
"Moscow has no intention of sending troops into Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said...His comments came after the US and Russian presidents discussed a possible diplomatic solution to the crisis. "

"But the Kremlin's account of the phone call suggests there is some hard bargaining ahead. "

Not troops, just armed green Martians.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Not troops, just armed green Martians.
Exactly!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
There is a good article on the West's hypocrisy on the Guardian today:
How Vladimir Putin became evil | Tariq Ali | Comment is free | The Guardian

"When Gorbachev agreed the deal on German reunification, the cornerstone of which was that united Germany could remain in Nato, US secretary of state Baker assured him that "there would be no extension of Nato's jurisdiction one inch to the east". Gorbachev repeated: "Any extension of the zone of Nato is unacceptable." Baker's response: "I agree." One reason Gorbachev has publicly supported Putin on the Crimea is that his trust in the west was so cruelly betrayed."

Last edited by Neuling; 03-29-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
But the Kremlin's account of the phone call suggests there is some hard bargaining ahead. "
Here's just my little note to Mr. Putin...'Don't go into the east and don't play in the Moldava sandbox. Leave the 'Martians' on Mars'. Folks if he goes into the east it's a whole new ballgame. A very very bad one. I'd think he would be a lunatic. With 50,000 'martians' in the east and 25,000 in Crimea that's enough 'fuel' to blast off, eh?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:17 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:

They have been saying that for weeks now, and indeed haven't invaded. Again the war-mongering Ukrainian and Western crooks claiming the opposite were - deliberately - wrong. Just like they were deliberately wrong on Iran building a nuclear weapon and many other accusations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe