Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times

Advertisements

Incidentally, I wonder why Russia is not blocked gas for Ukraine? April 7 came out time for repayment payments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Or I confused something.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov admited it: «Эти спецподразделения готовы решать оперативные задачи без оглядки на местные нюансы».

An interesting article:
Western Looting Of Ukraine Has Begun — Paul Craig Roberts
Western Looting Of Ukraine Has Begun -- Paul Craig Roberts - PaulCraigRoberts.org
Yes, the Special Service of Ukraine. (Слу́жба безопа́сности Украи́ны). In Russia it's the FSB.
"It is now apparent that the “Maiden protests” in Kiev were in actuality a Washington organized coup against the elected democratic government" ... I managed to read this far.

But whatever. A complete waste of time to argue about it. If Putin says that the moon is cheese and you have decided that the moon is cheese, the moon is cheese whatever I say, and nothing will change your mind.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:29 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain N' Hail View Post
The west is in solidarity with the Ukrainian people and their right to break away from centuries of Russian domination. Hopefully you can keep the rest of your country intact and we can help in some way.
You realize not all Ukrainians are in agreement? Which Ukrainians are the West in solidarity with?

You act like Ukrainians are one, unified group, obtuse to the fact there are divisions, some go very deep.

I guess the West is in solidarity with whatever group will give the West what it wants, not what is best for Ukraine.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain N' Hail View Post
Kiev is going to have to bend on two official languages, but shouldn't anything else.

Hopefully the die hards accept a compromise that lets the vast ethnic Ukrainian majority embrace the west as they've clearly expressed is their desire and accept an ethnic and cultural identity with Russia, not national. No other country on the planet has attempted to do what Russia is doing so hypocritically.

There's enormous hypocrisy when Russia demands a Bosnia and Herzegovina situation in a neighbouring sovereign state yet has one of the most centralized dictatorships on the globe. This is an unreasonable demand, period.

The transitional government in Ukraine feels they have no choice but but to hire mercenaries after the first annexation on the planet since Kuwait into Iraq in 1991. They're terrified for their national integrity and are being held hostage by a Russia that will not accept the majority in a buffer state breaking off and forming its own path without partitioning the country. This is appalling behaviour and has left the weak government in Kiev little choice if Western governments will not deploy troops.
You realize that this is not a pure ethnic issue? I do not know why you and others keep thinking it is. Given the fact Yanukovich won the election, though the majority of Ukraine is ethnic Ukrainian, shows that ethnic Ukrainians are not some like-minded, politically unified group; that would be like saying all white Americans think the same, which is far from the truth.

This is not an ethnic issue, this is a political and economic issue; many people are simply fed up with actions/lack of actions from Kiev, Ukraine is a failed state and many people do not want to be part of it, it is just that simple.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Like the "Martians"?

Yes. Nowhere in the Ukrainian constitution is there a phrase that you can't overthrow the government.

No. It was Yanukovych and Berkut which started the violence, created unconstitutional protesting laws, beating up and kidnapping people.

Yanukovych fled the country and elections will be held in May.
Actually, it was against the constitution and law, as there is a procedure that must be done to remove the president, and this procedure was not followed. Then with protesters and guns waving around under the perception of personal assault, lawmakers voted to remove the president though this vote itself did not follow the constitution; the constitutional wording was discussed many posts back regarding this, not one poster here refuted this fact, I challenge you to.

Also, you do not at all find it odd that this new, unelected gov is pushing through so much legislation that impacts all of Ukraine for years to come, instead of waiting for elections to do so? Or the new proposed legislation now stating any separatism will be called terrorism with sentences up to 5-10 years? Or one of the first things the new gov did was address Russian language use? Or the new gov is full of the same, oligarch players as before that resulted in a failed state?

If this issue involved anyone other than Russia, the West would be all over criticizing the overthrow of a fairly elected government, and the enacting of these laws by the unelected government.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Actually, it was against the constitution and law, as there is a procedure that must be done to remove the president, and this procedure was not followed. Then with protesters and guns waving around under the perception of personal assault, lawmakers voted to remove the president though this vote itself did not follow the constitution; the constitutional wording was discussed many posts back regarding this, not one poster here refuted this fact, I challenge you to.

Also, you do not at all find it odd that this new, unelected gov is pushing through so much legislation that impacts all of Ukraine for years to come, instead of waiting for elections to do so? Or the new proposed legislation now stating any separatism will be called terrorism with sentences up to 5-10 years? Or one of the first things the new gov did was address Russian language use? Or the new gov is full of the same, oligarch players as before that resulted in a failed state?

If this issue involved anyone other than Russia, the West would be all over criticizing the overthrow of a fairly elected government, and the enacting of these laws by the unelected government.
And this is the way they push those new laws now; the people who rushed to the speaker are of course from nationalist "Svoboda" - yeah, the party of mentioned earlier O. Tyagnibok.

What you see here is the leader of the Communist parliamentary party in Rada is addressing parliament regarding the escalating situation in Eastern regions of the country. He is saying that "we should stop the hysteria and start the realistic appraisal of the situation. And the most important thing - let's ask a question what Kiev's government did so far to prevent these events in the Eastern part of the country? Let's ask what kind of demands the citizens of Donetsk, Lugansk and other regions made during their protests? They've demanded long time ago already, from the first days of Ukraine's independence to protect the official status of Russian language, about the necessity of local referendums with the purpose of protection of their rights, the way they appraise their culture, historic events, and today of course the most important thing is the demand for federalization. What today's government does? Ignores it. Even worse, instead of letting the citizens of Donbass speak, they accuse them in crimes, accuse them in separatism.
You know, I want to apologize, because earlier I was saying that our nationalists are promoting pro-American and pro-Western interests, but I was wrong, because judging by who first started the military takeover of the government buildings... Do you, dear nationalists remember who took over those government buildings, who took over the weapon arsenals, the weapons that you still brandish all over the country? Didn't you set an example how things should be done? So as it turns out, you were not promoting pro-American, pro-Western interests, but very-pro-Russian scenario for disintegration of the country and the end of Ukrainian independence and pillage of the country. Today you've sent the militarized gangs against people who were trying to fight for their rights by peaceful means, today you do everything to intimidate people, to fight against the dissidents. You arrest them, and I think that...

Last edited by erasure; 04-08-2014 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM

43 posts, read 65,230 times
Quote:
You realize that this is not a pure ethnic issue? I do not know why you and others keep thinking it is. Given the fact Yanukovich won the election, though the majority of Ukraine is ethnic Ukrainian, shows that ethnic Ukrainians are not some like-minded, politically unified group; that would be like saying all white Americans think the same, which is far from the truth.

This is not an ethnic issue, this is a political and economic issue; many people are simply fed up with actions/lack of actions from Kiev, Ukraine is a failed state and many people do not want to be part of it, it is just that simple.
I don't know how he got elected to this day, when I saw they'd elected him in the Ukraine my first though was "isn't that guy a Russian pawn?"

Ukraine is not a failed state any more than the rump dictatorship of the Soviet Union is.

The most amusing part of this is Russia expecting Kyiv to toe the Moscow line after they illegally annexed part of its territory...not happening. It's pretty clear the transitional government wants to move west. I don't blame them for not wanting Russian as a second official language either and hope they don't have to bend. Hopefully they also outright leave the CIS.

Also, I'm not getting how the revolution is wrong because it was illegal yet the annexation of Crimea was not wrong... These mythical far-right forces in Kyiv don't really exist, Right Sektor has very little support and is hardly pro-genocide of other Slavic groups.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

43 posts, read 65,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is your "fabrication" crawling on its belly in Kharkov (yet again)

Харьков Избитые боевики "Правого Сектора" ползут по коридору позора! - YouTube

This is your fabrication storming Rada (parliament) few days ago,

Новое! Срочно. "Правый Сектор" штурмует Верховную Ð*аду. Авакова в отставку! - YouTube

and this is your fabrication in Kiev

"

Current government in Kiev "disarms" them from time to time, ( in order to look more prestigious in the eyes of "European community,") but really keeps them around, since they come handy in the fight against South-Eastern parts of the country, where they are planning to send Pravy Sector in the nearest future "for action."
They're a bandit group of neo-nazis (Russia has a lot too), what does that have to do with their electoral arm having very little support which is a fact?

Here's your Russian bandits in Luhansk:

Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
the constitutional wording was discussed many posts back regarding this, not one poster here refuted this fact, I challenge you to.
I suggest to read Locke's work on the social contract theory and the right/duty of revolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe