Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 01:18 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I understand English isn't your first language, so you may not be used to certain colloquialisms that are commonly used. See: https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com...with+open+arms
What do idioms have to do with it ? You said that Russian leaders were raving about "open arms". In plain text, without any idioms. I was just wondering. where do you see this? Apparently nowhere. Another lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 01:21 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,354,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
What do idioms have to do with it ? You said that Russian leaders were raving about "open arms". In plain text, without any idioms. I was just wondering. where do you see this? Apparently nowhere. Another lie.
No, I said (and I quote): "What did Russia expect - that Ukraine was going to welcome them with open arms?"

Old 03-06-2022, 01:26 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Thanks lord.

In spite of all the cancellations and delays of Ukrainian delegation, the negotiations in Belorussia went ahead, and today they finally came to agreement on the "green corridors" for civilians trapped in cities.

Russia already guaranteed the safe passage last Wednesday, assuring the organization of evacuation.

Russia appealed to both International organizations and Ukrainian Ministry of Defense with these assurances, but the process was stalled by Ukrainian side.

The fact that one of the negotiators of Ukrainian delegation was executed with shot in the head upon his return to Kiev, is not making situation any easier.

Russians reiterated the message to civilians of Ukrainian cities that buses will be waiting for people wanting to leave. ( This way it will be easier for Russian troops to clear the cities of combatants, once they will stop using civilians as the live shield.)

I saw few buses today leaving Mariupol ( finally!) but no one is in charge of the Nationalist Battalions and the mercenaries alike, so this what makes evacuation of civilians very difficult.

And now I hear that more foreign mercenaries are heading for Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPAUYmBm_2s

Last edited by erasure; 03-06-2022 at 01:49 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 01:28 PM

At a separate request, I retell what is on the video, which is in Russian.
There's nothing special there, just look at the picture.
People say that it is difficult for them to survive, food prices have doubled. there are shootings, but not all over the city, but in the north, plus administrative buildings and a tank factory are broken. the SBU department, the central police department and something else. There are also separate hits in residential buildings, this is in a combat zone. It is unclear who missed and where.
So. what else. There is no hot water supply, in some places there is no electricity and not everywhere there is central heating. But, shops are working, maps are working, gas stations have fuel in some places, but the queues are insane.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:31 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,337,411 times
TWO DOCUMENTS HERE:

ONE - Translation of https://russiandefpolicy.com/2022/02...ke-on-ukraine/
Mikhail Khodarenok’s article on the course of a possible Russian war on Ukraine appeared in NVO in early February.

"To assert that no one in Ukraine will defend the regime signifies practically a complete lack of knowledge about the military-political situation and moods of the broad masses in the neighboring state. And the degree of hatred (which, as is well-known, is the most effective fuel for armed conflict) in the neighboring republic toward Moscow is plainly underestimated. No one in Ukraine will meet the Russian army with bread, salt and flowers."

TWO - A FSB whistle-blower letter that some believe genuine, unlike other FSB letters crafted by Ukrainians. Being closely looked at for authenticity. For example, some disagreed with the analysis that the Russian economy could collapse. Also, the FSB analyst asserts Kadyrov's squad was demolished. But then this YouTube video is said to be of the destruction they caused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcan_3_KsY&t=3s

@christogrozev
Last night, an alleged FSB whistle-blower letter was published that damned Russia's military performance in Ukraine and predicted a disaster for the RU in the next weeks and months. I wasn't sure if it was authentic - as Ukraine had previously leaked fake FSB letters as psy-ops.

Christo Grozev
@christogrozev
·
Mar 5
Replying to
@christogrozev
This letter appeared different though: it came via a reputable source (founder of http://gulagu.net), and it was way longer than a forger would choose to make it (the longer the text, the more risk of making an error).

Christo Grozev
@christogrozev
·
Mar 5
I showed the letter to two actual (current or former) FSB contacts, and they had no doubt it was written by a colleague. They didn't agree with all of his conclusions, but that's a different story.
Here's the text, worth reading: https://facebook.com/vladimir.osechk...11633942268327
THAT IS THE VERSION IN RUSSIAN

Igor Sushko@igorsushko·17h

Old 03-06-2022, 01:34 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,337,411 times
The post truncated; here is the FSB letter:
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/statu...01348780199937

Igor Sushko@igorsushko·17h

Old 03-06-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
At a separate request, I translate in brief what is said in this video.
The man says that damage is observed in about 10 percent of the city, and the area in the north, a tank factory. SBU buildings and other administration. Prices in stores have doubled. The Ukrainian authorities have withdrawn from work, the police are working, but very poorly.people are left to their fate, who could have left, this is probably half of the city, no one knows how many and where they left. And he's afraid. that those people who are sick, old, weak and poor will simply start dying of hunger and cold.Because nothing is set up, there is no state participation in providing people even with food.But products are imported to private stores and fuel is imported to private gas stations. but the prices are twice as expensive.
PS on one of the videos, there was a post office where someone organized the delivery of fresh food.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:43 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
TWO DOCUMENTS HERE:

ONE - Translation of https://russiandefpolicy.com/2022/02...ke-on-ukraine/
Mikhail Khodarenok’s article on the course of a possible Russian war on Ukraine appeared in NVO in early February.

"To assert that no one in Ukraine will defend the regime signifies practically a complete lack of knowledge about the military-political situation and moods of the broad masses in the neighboring state. And the degree of hatred (which, as is well-known, is the most effective fuel for armed conflict) in the neighboring republic toward Moscow is plainly underestimated. No one in Ukraine will meet the Russian army with bread, salt and flowers."

EveryLady...
No one in the Russian government in the right mind ( not to mention general Russian population) was expecting Ukraine "to meet Russian army with flowers."
This could be a case back in 2014, but both Russian gov. and Russian public realize what happened within the last 8 years, since unlike Western public, they could see with their own eyes ( and hear with their own ears) what was going on in Ukraine, once the Nationalists took over.

The Ukrainian former military guy whose blog I follow, devoted one of his last dispatches on explanation how the Russian government is planning to deal with this hatred, and what policies it pursues now in the overtaken territories.

The rest of your post - sorry, there are so many fakes "made in Ukraine" circulating now in the Social media, that I am not sure whether it's even worth to look into it.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
No, I said (and I quote): "What did Russia expect - that Ukraine was going to welcome them with open arms?"
Well, okay, okay))
And as for hugs, they are and will be much more.the society of Ukraine is under strong oppression and fear. in recent years.it wouldn't be safe to just walk through the city with the wrong T-shirt.And now it is quite possible to get a bullet or be beaten. Because there will always be a couple of idiots shouting Glory to Ukraine ! and they are very aggressive. so dissent, especially open dissent, is not safe yet.

Wait a little bit, and all the Nazi **** pops up. a lot of people will pretend to be very surprised.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,915,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
EveryLady...
No one in the Russian government in the right mind ( not to mention general Russian population) was expecting Ukraine "to meet Russian army with flowers."
This could be a case back in 2014, but both Russian gov. and Russian public realized what happened within the last 8 years, since unlike Western public, they could see with their own eyes ( and hear with their own ears) what was going on in Ukraine, once the Nationalists took over.

The Ukrainian former military guy whose blog I follow, devoted one of his last dispatches on explanation how the Russian government is planning to deal with this hatred, and what policies it pursues now in the overtaken territories.

The rest of your post - sorry, there are so many fakes "made in Ukraine" are circulating now in the Social media, that I am not sure whether it's even worth to look into it.
Can you tell me why the Crimean Peninsula of Ukraine didn't ever really resist with the annexation back in 2014? 2014, 2015 actually feels quite peaceful compared to 2022... Even for ethnic Russians in Crimea, I am really quite surprised. I thought that side was one of the most Ukranian things in the entire country with the sea resorts. Any conflict honestly postponed almost one decade later with 7 to 9 years. With the sole exception of a relatively tiny corner in far southeast Ukraine that was kind of isolated from entire rest of the country (Luhansk, Donetsk).
https://www.city-data.com/forum/euro...l#post63029294
https://www.city-data.com/forum/euro...l#post63029640

Last edited by ; 03-06-2022 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe