Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 09:35 AM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times

Advertisements

Leave it to the Russians to say that if a people resist Russian conquest, they deserve to die. It's a sick country.

Meanwhile, back in Moscow, Vladimir Putin has signed a new law meting out 15-year jail terms for anyone there who tells the truth about their military activities.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russ...n-army-2804654
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 09:36 AM

8,496 posts, read 3,337,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
<snip>
And the West is backing these thugs and supplies them with weapons.

Let me quote it again;

"We now been given so much weaponry, not because as some say "West is helping us" but because we perform the tasks set by the West. Because we are the only ones who are ready to do them. Because we have fun killing and we have fun fighting...

We are the flagman here because we have started a war that has not been seen for 60 years"

Pay attention at the last line in particular.

They are the ones that started the war that hasn't been seen for 60 years ( them, not Putin.)

Putin only finally reacted to what he saw was developing on his border, this growing "Ukraine as anti-Russia" project.

Correct again.

So as the president of Russia, he saw the growing danger with the West prompting Ukraine to become a threat for Russia, so he reacted. First - with the help of diplomacy, and when THIS didn't work, he proceeded with the next logical step. <snip>
Not aware this weaponry was ever used against Russia nor that Ukrainians - "nationalist" or not - intended to invade Russia. Putin, of course, was free to evacuate any Russian citizens he felt in danger. The supply was only a problem for Russia once its troops crossed the border.

Clearly Putin fueled this, starting in 2014 with Russian weapons flowing to the separatists.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0FY0UA20140729

I get it: Ukraine was to stay within the Russian orbit. Due to free travel and the kind of telecommunications that exist today, it was simply too hard for Putin to control the minds of a younger generation in a separate country. So he invades ???

Old 03-06-2022, 09:36 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
What a russian nazi drivel. Nazis are you, from the Bunker Vlad all way to the street bums cheering war and murder of Ukrainians to put them in their place.
The war of aggression is a crime, USSR avoided Nuremberg I for its war crimes, aggressive wars and collaboration with German nazis, but there is a good chance Bunker Vlad and his minions will be tried by Nuremberg II. Putin is like an untouchable leper already. Crazed up rank &file Russians fully share his nazi views and they support aggressive wars and murder of lesser people in the name of Russian Reich. De-nazification of Russia is a must.
The very post when, in fact, you have nothing to object to.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:44 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Someone here is talking about the fact that you can not invade other countries ? What are you saying. But what about it ?

15 years ago, on the morning of March 20, 2003, the invasion of the US armed forces and their allies into Iraq began.

The operation was carried out without the sanction of the UN Security Council and lasted for almost 9 years. What did it lead to?

The need for the US invasion was officially explained by the fight against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, international terrorism and tyranny in Iraq. Everyone remembers how in February 2003, Secretary of State Colin Powell demonstrated a test tube with white powder at a meeting of the UN Security Council, declaring that it was, they say, anthrax spores.

Oh, yes, they had incorrect information from intelligence..

However, as it turned out later, the "evidence" of the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was falsified. Back in September 2002, CIA Director George Tenet brought to the attention of Bush Jr. information that Saddam Hussein did not have such weapons and never had.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:48 AM

8,496 posts, read 3,337,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Someone here is talking about the fact that you can not invade other countries ? What are you saying. But what about it ?

15 years ago, on the morning of March 20, 2003, the invasion of the US armed forces and their allies into Iraq began.

The operation was carried out without the sanction of the UN Security Council and lasted for almost 9 years. What did it lead to?

The need for the US invasion was officially explained by the fight against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, international terrorism and tyranny in Iraq. Everyone remembers how in February 2003, Secretary of State Colin Powell demonstrated a test tube with white powder at a meeting of the UN Security Council, declaring that it was, they say, anthrax spores.

Oh, yes, they had incorrect information from intelligence..

However, as it turned out later, the "evidence" of the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was falsified. Back in September 2002, CIA Director George Tenet brought to the attention of Bush Jr. information that Saddam Hussein did not have such weapons and never had.
Of course. And look at what the Iraq war led to as it destabilized an entire region. Why should Putin repeat what was so clearly a wrong? The man is supposed to be smart.

Certainly not defending the US here, but I will note that it attempted to sidestep the issue of sovereignty with a "coalition" when it failed to obtain UN sanction. That it still seemed to realize a "proof" was needed even though WMDs were never found with the provenance of the various proofs questionable.

Putin? Putin just seems to have invaded based solely on his frame-of-reference. That was good enough? There's a certain megalomania here. He is answerable to no one?

Old 03-06-2022, 09:52 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
The very post when, in fact, you have nothing to object to.
Please, do not act like a 5 y.o., I will not be going in circles over the same propaganda bs and lies russian info troopers deploy here. I will not debate point by point the same bs, I have done that plenty, there is no debate with your kind, you are here to propagandize for the bunker Vlad and second hand Russian Reich. You know that and I know that. There is plenty of information for curious minds. However, keep us in the loop about the latest bs official Russian propagandists come up with, I have heard they go wild and crazy over there. I bet they try to come up with something so sickening and so ridiculous as to finally insult whatever little remains of Russian intelligence and consciousness, if any.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:03 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Very simple - the Russians are trying to terrify the Ukrainian people and break their will. So they have cut off food, water, electricity, heat, and they are attacking schools, hospitals and residential buildings. They have used similar tactics in Chechnya and Syria. This is fictionally described in Moscow as a "special military operation" against the Nazis, against the Ukrainian military, but it is a war against the nation of Ukraine - anyone who isn't essentially a traitor to their nation and loyal to the Kremlin, is the enemy as far as Putin is concerned.

That's what propaganda machine wants you to believe, as the reasons behind Russians destroying schools.

Because the propaganda machine is not willing to tell you the truth -the reason Russians are hitting schools is because Ukrainian troops ( The Nationalists Battalions in particular, but regular Ukrainian troops too,) place the artillery in schools. They make schools and other civilian buildings the place of their location.
They know perfectly well, that while doing that, Russians will HAVE to respond, and the "emotional reaction of the Western public" will follow with no delay - "Russians are trying to terrify the Ukrainian people."
Your reaction precisely.

They are looking forward to it.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:04 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,121,162 times
Quote:

It's the Pot calling the Kettle black. A Spanish idiom that dates back to Don Quixote.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:06 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Please, do not act like a 5 y.o., I will not be going in circles over the same propaganda bs and lies russian info troopers deploy here. I will not debate point by point the same bs, I have done that plenty, there is no debate with your kind, you are here to propagandize for the bunker Vlad and second hand Russian Reich. You know that and I know that. There is plenty of information for curious minds. However, keep us in the loop about the latest bs official Russian propagandists come up with, I have heard they go wild and crazy over there. I bet they try to come up with something so sickening and so ridiculous as to finally insult whatever little remains of Russian intelligence and consciousness, if any.
Where was the lie in my post?

Old 03-06-2022, 10:06 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
How can we trust your translations?

Because the video with translation made NOT by me, confirms everything that I translated before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe