Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 12:55 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Unfortunately, I can not translate it (very complex text), but these are the words of the Ukrainian from Cherkassy. Many Ukrainians are shocked by what is happening in the country.

"пообщалась со знакомыми - по-моему шиза обостряется (весна на подходе) на всех фронтах - особенно у сельповского населения - во всем виновата Россия, мы с ней воюем , укроп-СМИ самые честные в мире, а росияне "брешуть".
Как же эти с одной извилиной, да и то прямой надоели - все им должны , все у них покрали, вот будет новый майдаун- т.к.цены подняли. Как будто остатки ума пропали ? а может у "пересичного гром адянина" его никогда и не было - просто были тормоза в виде норманых законов в нормальном государстве.Стоило их отменить - все гуано и всплыло наружу - откуда его столько,не понятно. Я просто в шоке. Наверное, так было в 37 году и в Германии при приходе Гитлера к власти - чувствуешь себя в палате №7 с Наполеонами и Цезарями - каждая сельпошка знает как командовать армией, как управлять государством и что усраине все должны .
Нормальные люди уже говорят полушепотом и шифруются - шизоиды попримимали шизодных законов - кто не шизик, тот объявляется врагом. Дурдом в масштабах страны."
Of course they can't be all zombified - after all, I read Anatoly Sharii and there are a lot of Ukrainians there, who are still trying to keep their sanity.
I'm thinking that if the new government in Kiev did all things right, without idiotic nationalist advances, if they'd negotiate with Donbass right away, (or else, they'd let Donbass to succeed to begin with, understanding the blue color background of this particular region,) they'd put Putin in really bad position.
But the way I see it now, god is playing in Putin's hands using him as an ultimate tool against the West.
Otherwise how else can you explain this bunch of monkeys in Ukrainian Rada, but not god's will?
(Another question of course is whether EU/US would have accepted such outcome as secession of Donbass/Federalization to begin with, because their goal was to hurt Russian interests in the area, not "improving lot of Ukrainian people.")
And that's how the story goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 12:59 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Usually, thorough linguistic and cultural russification opens doors for minorities, but not always, depends on many things, including darkness of skin abd nose shape. Russian language is full of the ethnic slur and Russians are not shy about using it. Those people lost all their identity and native language to climb up the Russian ladder. USA is the same way, except that it the land of immigrants who decided to leave their old ways behind. In Russia, assimilation was rarely voluntary or bloodless. Minorities have lost their identities without leaving ancestral lands, even though forced deportation was used by tsars and soviets as a subjugation tool.
The concept of "Russian" applies not only to ethnic Russians. And it does not depend on the shape of the nose or skin color. As United States, Russia is a huge melting pot, which has been operating for many centuries. Person of any ethnic origin can become Russian. And I do not think that Russians differed some special cruelty upon accession lands. History has much more sad events.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
The concept of "Russian" applies not only to ethnic Russians. And it does not depend on the shape of the nose or skin color. As United States, Russia is a huge melting pot, which has been operating for many centuries. Person of any ethnic origin can become Russian. And I do not think that Russians differed some special cruelty upon accession lands. History has much more sad events.
Oh spare yourself an effort.
They already *know* everything that their propaganda wants them to believe.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:12 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well, they are probably not exactly crazy, but there a lot of zombies in Ukraine now as far as I can see.
Their propaganda machine used each and every cliche about Russia ( and Soviet Union) and turned it into their ultimate weapon.
And the more I am watching it, the more I understand that it's not going to end up well.
Ukrainian propagandists could tenfold their efficiency by simple translation of your posts. Your posts condense russian nazism and the rest of pathology and paranoia really well.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Ukrainian propagandists could tenfold their efficiency by simple translation of your posts. Your posts condense russian nazism and the rest of pathology and paranoia really well.
Actually... I am a US citizen.
And even the one of not particularly "Russian" background.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Thorough russification of minorities does not affect abundance of the ethnic slur. Russia is the forced melting pot at best. Russia was frequently dubed "prison of nations".

Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Thorough russification of minorities does not affect abundance of the ethnic slur. Russia is the forced melting pot at best. Russia was frequently dubed "prison of nations".
Yes. By Lenin.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Actually... I am a US citizen.
And even the one of not particularly "Russian" background.
Russified background? Russified ukrainian background is well known for seeking psychological fixes by by denying that Ukrainian ethnicity exists, they side with russian nazis and actually are more rabid than russian russian nazis. Forced assimilation hurts psyche for the generations to come.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Isn't Russian, Slavic who has Russian passport?
At least in my country(Bulgaria) I can't imagine someone who isn't fitting certain characteristics to pass as local. At best they will be accepted as good tourists but never as locals...but who knows in Russia is probably different...well maybe you're right (for Russia).

Old 02-15-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
The whole modern history is a history of colonization and killings.
Yet even here damn Russians didn't behave like *normal people.* They've created the "forced melting pot," instead of downright wiping out the locals.
Horrible I'm telling you, just horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe