Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 09:12 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Take a look at the article 'Inside Russia's 'Kremlin troll army' that BBC just published:

BBC News - Ukraine conflict: Inside Russia's 'Kremlin troll army'

In particular this quote is interesting:

Maksim_Frolov, lchoro, DPolo and Scrat335 - you were all living in America, right? ...
I doubt that. At least their english is horrible. Maybe a moderator could see if their IPs are American? Though it's possible that Putler-trolls are intelligent ebough to use a proxy server.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
If it is so nice in Russia, why are you guys living in the US?
That has really nothing to do where someone lives or not; I live in the US, but rather live in Greece, Sweden, the UK or some place like that. Where people live is often due to factors beyond their control mainly economics.

For example; if Russia is so bad, then why do so many Ukrainians live and/or work in Russia? Or, if Poland is so great, then why do so many Poles live and/or work in other EU countries?

But I do agree with you in that, I have heard from many nationalities how great such and such country is, and how stupid the US is in comparison, the question that comes to my mind is; what in the hell are you doing here then? (the US).

Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Just go to Russia and puke there.
Russia is not disgusting to me, gays are, so puke on you !

Old 03-20-2015, 11:01 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Interesting. Thing is any of that stuff would really show Putin's poker cards on the table. Moving military stuff around on a map is easy but the execution could be problematic for any Putinian strategy if seizing Ukrainian territory is a goal. Question is would it be worth it?
How much is the security of your people worth? Considering the record of success in inflicting "democracy" on other sovereign nations I'd think it's damn well worth it. Stability is everything in a society, if people can plan and succeed in those plans no matter how humble they may be stability is really all they need to lead decent lives.

If Russia were to invade I have no doubt most people in the territories east of the Dneiper would support them against the Kiev junta. Now they live in terror of the juntas gestapo, if you speak out you disappear. They watch the value of their hard won assets evaporate, peoples lives are being destroyed. I don't think Russia would really be opposed except for the radicals and with enough fire and man power they can be dealt with over time. Perhaps quickly with the help of the populace.

It might also give Europe a wake up call, maybe they will get their warmongers under control, more so than now anyway and grow some balls and tell the main purveyor of this death and destruction - America - that we can take care of ourselves. This is certainly not likely to happen though.

Is it worth it? Yes. As the situation now stands Russia has nothing to lose.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:02 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,905 times
Quote:
I doubt that. At least their english is horrible. Maybe a moderator could see if their IPs are American? Though it's possible that Putler-trolls are intelligent ebough to use a proxy server.
Probably they are some sort of IT adminstrator for a vodka distributor in Brighton Beach. It's pretty easy to move to the USA, live in a Russian enclave and never learn normal sounding english.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:14 AM

602 posts, read 495,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That has really nothing to do where someone lives or not; I live in the US, but rather live in Greece, Sweden, the UK or some place like that. Where people live is often due to factors beyond their control mainly economics.

For example; if Russia is so bad, then why do so many Ukrainians live and/or work in Russia? Or, if Poland is so great, then why do so many Poles live and/or work in other EU countries?

But I do agree with you in that, I have heard from many nationalities how great such and such country is, and how stupid the US is in comparison, the question that comes to my mind is; what in the hell are you doing here then? (the US).
Yeah, normally I would agree, but these guys consider the Ukranian government a junta and its soldiers nazis. The West is a bunch of gay loving nazi sympathizers, and Western leaders are 'snakes'.

In contrast to above anything (even Russia) must be some kind of utopia, right? And you know, the dollar is historically strong, the ruble is historically weak, so the timing to move back home to their families in old mother Russia seems perfect.

If I lived in Germany during the 30's, I would have moved back home.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:17 AM

602 posts, read 495,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Russia is not disgusting to me, gays are, so puke on you !
Right now, you're parading your own sexual insecurities.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Not true. No one is born to hate.
You need to read about how the human mind works the emotions and instincts stuff like that. Hatred is a motivational emotion produced by the threat assessment instincts. All this stuff is like a tree originating from the basic instincts we all have. With proper "conditioning" higher reactions to stimuli such as hatred can be controlled, unfortunately such "conditioning" often clashes with ones instincts for other purposes such as protection of your fellows and survival.

Remember ignorance is your worst enemy. You need to look into this and most likely need to learn how to stand up for yourself too. Frog in a pot.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
I doubt that. At least their english is horrible.
Horrible English better than terrible thoughts and terrible knowledge.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Right now, you're parading your own sexual insecurities.
Instead of arguing that being disgusted with gays is a natural response. I am going to say that I have as much right to hate gays as geys , so puke on you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe