Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 02:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Colonel Cassads site. Firing all along the front.

Colonel Cassad (in English) - The prelude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 02:51 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Colonel Cassads site. Firing all along the front.

Colonel Cassad (in English) - The prelude
That is so bias it's almost funny, it states "our" forces vs the Junta. Clearly their alliegencies strongly lie with the Rebels/Russian Forces.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:47 PM

You're so biased it distorts your reading comprehension. Could also be you're a victim of the US education system like a few more here.

In only 2 places concerned with this entire article is the word "our" even used. Cassad is from the Crimea and where he uses the word "our" he refers to Crimean humanitarian workers (terrorists or Russian savages, take your pick) returning from Donbas bringing news.

The officer refers to "our areas" being attacked with heavy artillery at one point also.

Biased? Of course he is. After what the US sponsored Kiev junta has done to the people I'm biased too and I'm proud of it.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:01 AM

A Ukr message board/forum.

https://2ch.hk/

Life in Ukraine isn't very good at all. Unless or course you're part of the elite.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:06 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
That is so bias it's almost funny, it states "our" forces vs the Junta. Clearly their alliegencies strongly lie with the Rebels/Russian Forces.

Hi,

but that's how I view things as well. It's our guys vs these junta mongrels.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:04 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
But his field reporting seems to be accurate and unbiased.

Quote:
At Shirokino there's fighting going on non-stop for several days altogether, our forces had up to 50 KIA and WIA over the recent days (mostly WIA), the junta had about 70.
If he was going to promote his side, his numbers would be wildly skewed to one side or the other, depending on whether he wanted to evoke bravado as in the enemy is taking much heavier losses or sympathy as in overestimating rebel losses.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:18 AM

602 posts, read 495,803 times
Here is another video showing how Russian media cannot be trusted, and the need for the West to deal with Russian propaganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qszwrXtVLv4

Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Whether government and/or media, every place has its lies and spin, some are more extreme than the other. While the media lies is not excusable in Russia, it should not be excusable anywhere regardless if it is sponsored by the government for reasons of trying to sway its population, or by the media for trying to gain ratings, or a combination of both.

In the US, the "hands up don't shoot" was an obvious lie and a spin in order to create controversy, thus more ratings and money. The US media prides itself on its ability to spin anything into a racial issue, and collect money of the ratings it gains from doing so. The US government and its famous Gulf of Tonkin in which only decades later did the facts come out. My biggest criticism of western media is not the openness and honesty in it, it is the lack of information, the broadcasting of the events that led up to the issue at hand; to summarize, most news, especially international news, is nothing more than a quick 15 second blurb before the weather, or a article that reads more like a high school current events class rather than something informative.

But in any case, while Russia uses its state ran media to broadcast propaganda, there is no restriction for Russians to access any other media outlet. Russian citizens should be asking themselves "why is the gov saying one thing, yet numerous western outlets saying another?"

Old 03-22-2015, 11:53 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Here is another video showing how Russian media cannot be trusted, and the need for the West to deal with Russian propaganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qszwrXtVLv4
CNN and American media has been painting a picture about Russia that is untrue. That is something which is called propaganda.

I don't want the news personally, I get upset over the BS they spewing at me. I read a select range of online newspapers. I don't see RT.com engage in more propaganda then CNN.com. I mean CNN is laying it on heavy.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:15 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Russia is not disgusting to me, gays are, so puke on you !
You are such a fascist. Let people be whatever they want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe