Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I like how RT gets American communist shills to broadcast criticisms of America: Ferguson, the evils of the 1% etc. Then RT highlights the opposition of some to gay marriage and then lectures Americans to be tolerant. And this is coming from Russia!
I also read their USA section, it has news not reported on major networks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 07:52 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
CNN/FOX/NBC have no incentive to demonize Russia, they are not owned by the US government, they often lash out against the US Goverment if they try to lie to them (they lashed out after the Iraq debacle) RT is owned and operated by the Russian Goverment. One may have a bias in America but RT is 100% propaganda.
They withheld stories that were criticial of the intel in the runup to the invasion. The Washington Post has already admitted they killed or buried stories critical of US actions in Iraq or Afghanistan or in domestic counterterrorism. Basically, anything they write that's critical of the government is too late to have an effect on policy. They've often published stories pushing for war, such as the latest one against Iran. In most cases, they publish stories because the story has already broken and they have no choice. Notice that they never pursued the story on the CIA using the Benghazi diplomatic annex for overseeing the smuggling of terrorists and weapons to Syria even though it was reported on the newswires. None of the major TV news networks or the New York Times or the Washington Post covered that story about the illegal operation.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Testing out Ukraines new Saxons. Against an old Russian built BRDM. Good for a laugh or 2. I really hope they didn't pay too much for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9MsyHtKwZ4&t=158

Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Testing out Ukraines new Saxons. Against an old Russian built BRDM. Good for a laugh or 2. I really hope they didn't pay too much for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9MsyHtKwZ4&t=158

I think Hammers are the best in armored personal crier class.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Euro Maidan troops left for Crimea the day After the coup succeeded in Kiev. They were followed next day by Urkainian Army troops. The Maidan crowd could not cross the border due to former Ukrainian security police guarding the crossing points.

By the time the Ukrainian army arrived, Cossacks loyal to Russian Crimea arrived in numbers and began mining the border and digging defenses. One try to break this line by the Madian failed, and a following attempt by the army to break a hole on a secondary road also failed.

Once Maidan could not enter Crimea, the USA was enraged that the coup had not reached there! Thus the extreme anger by the USA. The plan was to take Kiev, and within 5 days flood the Crimea with the entire Euro Maidan thousands, with Ukrainian Amry troops following. But it was too late. Russian Navy troops faced down the 20,000 Ukrainian troops in Crimea. Many of whom defected to the Russian army, the rest were allowed to leave.

Anyways. Orlov said that Crimea was what the west was really after, and events seem to back that up.
Mike Norman Economics: Dmitry Orlov and Paul Craig Roberts on Crimea and US strategy

Old 03-23-2015, 07:38 AM

Porkochunko drunk handing out awards. Jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcdmq6Qv_Cc&t=39

Yeah they're good utility vehicles DPolo but too lightly armored in their stock versions for any kind of combat. A friend had a son in Iraq and he loved them but never felt secure even in the heavy ones like your pic. Considering the size of some of the car bombs and IEDs over there nothing was safe though.

I liked the German Puma.

SdKfz 234/2 Puma

Old 03-23-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Porkochunko drunk handing out awards. Jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcdmq6Qv_Cc&t=39

Yeah they're good utility vehicles DPolo but too lightly armored in their stock versions for any kind of combat. A friend had a son in Iraq and he loved them but never felt secure even in the heavy ones like your pic. Considering the size of some of the car bombs and IEDs over there nothing was safe though.

I liked the German Puma.

SdKfz 234/2 Puma
Puma, looks very heavy on the pictures, more like a tank.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:36 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Re: The Orlov and Roberts bit on Crimea...objective of Maidan?

I think they maybe picked up stolen NATO plans pinched by th FSB which showed invasion plans IN THE EVENT of war. I mean Vlad has Europe covered you know? ...;-)....Sounds suspiciously like 'history' written on the fly and looks a nice 'setup'. Any Google Earth shots of invading Western hordes into the Crimea??? Not a simple exercise to 'take' a place like Crimea especially in Vlad's 'neighborhood'.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:09 PM

There's scuttlebutt about Kolomoiski and Denisovski (?) teaming up against Porkochunko and Yapyuksuk. Something about Einsatzgruppen (mercenaries) heading for Dnepropetrovsk from Kiev. Unverified and all cloak and dagger power politics crap.

We can only hope they just kill each other off.

Another goodie.

Four members of parliament leave Petro Poroshenko Bloc

For all we know the future of Ukraine could be like Libya, unless Russia intervenes and puts things right.

Quote:
I think they maybe picked up stolen NATO plans pinched by th FSB which showed invasion plans IN THE EVENT of war. I mean Vlad has Europe covered you know? ...;-)....Sounds suspiciously like 'history' written on the fly and looks a nice 'setup'. Any Google Earth shots of invading Western hordes into the Crimea??? Not a simple exercise to 'take' a place like Crimea especially in Vlad's 'neighborhood'.
I think the article is exaggerating/distorting things. There was groups of people headed that way to spread the word of freedom and liberty but it was not organized like an invasion. My ex has a friend that lives in Evaptoria and her husband and son went to the isthmus to stop these groups coming across the border. Sounded more like gang warfare to me. Later the border was "fortified" road blocks and the like.

UH....... OH........... Porkochunko. I hope you have that private jets engines warmed up. Or will it be your personal chopper?

TASS: World - Media: armed volunteer battalions heading for Kiev

Leading childrens neurosurgeon beaten in Kharkov. Must have been a Russian spy. LMAO!!

9 ????? ?? - ?? ??????? ?????????? ??????? ?????? ???????? ???????????? ??????

You can't get any more sordid and debased than this.

Porkochunko orders occupiers of Ukrneftogas offices disarmed.

Maybe catch the guys on the way to Kiev first?

SBU says Poroshenko orders disarming of people in Ukrnafta office

Ukraine is a clown car.

Avakov says 24 hrs.

Аваков дал бойцам Коломойского сутки на разоружение. МВД ужесточает режим контроля над владельцами охотничьих ружей | Страна | Вести

Coming down to the wire.

Quote:
President Petro Poroshenko said that no Ukrainian governor would have own "pocket armed forces." "Territorial defense will be subject to clear military vertical structure; there won't be any governor with pocket armed forces," Poroshenko said. Earlier Monday it was reported that two battalions of the Ukrainian National Guard had been sent to Dnepropetrovsk by Petro Poroshenko’s decree to "maintain public security."
Read: http://sputniknews.com/europe/201503...#ixzz3VE4Jqxmv

Quote:
KIEV (Sputnik) — Ukraine’s government will “do its job” and actively work against the political crisis scenario supported by oligarchs, the country’s prime minister said Monday.
Read: http://sputniknews.com/politics/2015...#ixzz3VE3zsONr

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-24-2015 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Merge

Old 03-23-2015, 02:26 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
Meanwhile, in St. Petersburg...

Europe far-right parties meet in St Petersburg, Russia - BBC News

But of course the *real* fascists, according to RT zombies, are the ones that run Kiev and Brussels and Washington - not nice tolerant people like Nick Griffin and Jared Taylor, parties like Golden Dawn, etc.

Best quote:

Quote:
“I don’t find it defamatory to be called a fascist,” said Roberto Fiore, leader of Italy’s far-right party Forza Nuova, who spoke at the conference Sunday. “But I do find it defamatory if you call me a Nazi.”
Well OK then. You're a Fascist. And you were invited by the Kremlin-supporting Rodina party to give a speech to your fellow fascists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe