Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 03:47 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Re: Russians here...nut jobs'...

VERY defensive I'd say. Understandable considering Rossiyan behavior. For all of you astronomy aficionados the action between Ukraine and Rossiya is like an object caught in the clutches of an Rossiyan black hole. No way to escape when the gravity is so strong that it rips its neighbor apart.
Ukraine unfortunately has a very big problem which looks to be intractable under the circumstances.

Erasure...what's wrong with profits and developing 'bizness' with the West? In Rossiya, it's got different names which could be precluding some success in all the eco deliberations. Can't see anything wrong with trying a different wheel to spin things around.

And those chickens that are getting strangled for 'meat'! Got it and right on! That would give some indication of the mess Rossiya has when it comes to eco assessment of their 'markets'. Those chickens sure ain't no 'Perdues'. They ain't nothing to nibble on....;-)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 05:09 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
and just "by the way" - ukrainians should be on drugs if they want to enter the EU - the eu is almost as bad as the ussr - only difference being: the eu doesn't limit your freedom. But it won't benefit them in any way.

Putin on the other hand offered them 2 billion euro or so some time ago and they refused and decided to join the "democracy" of the west (lol!). Weird folks....

Old 12-01-2014, 06:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Erasure...what's wrong with profits and developing 'bizness' with the West? In Rossiya, it's got different names which could be precluding some success in all the eco deliberations. Can't see anything wrong with trying a different wheel to spin things around.
Ukraine already has business with the west as far away as the store a few miles away from me selling Ukrainian kasha and sausage and a lot of other things. What's wrong with expanding business ties to the west? Nothing. So long as the relationship is one of mutual benefit.

How are the Ukrainian people going to benefit from this?

I have read and studied just what went on in eastern europe in the 1990s and more recently. Bulgaria is pretty bad even to this day, it's Europes personal Cambodia FFS. Hungary isn't doing so well. Latvia? It solved a lot of its economic woes by simply getting rid of 15% of it's population.

Really, what's wrong with Ukraine doing business with both Russia and the west? Why can't Ukraine be a bridge instead of a wall? Why must it be all or nothing?

Read up on the last 400 years of Mexican history. I think this is where Ukraine is heading, colonial exploitation. All the wealth stays in the hands of a small elite that prostitutes themselves and their country to foreign interests who seek only profit. The people get little or nothing.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Putin on the other hand offered them 2 billion euro or so some time ago and they refused and decided to join the "democracy" of the west (lol!). Weird folks...
It was a low interest loan and all the privileges/perks.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:39 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
What's wrong with "profits and developing bizness" with the West?
Nothing, in fact I'd be the first one looking forward to it, without the KGB watching your every move for a change. I was an interpreter after all, so hey - you are talking about my livelihood practically, my piece of bread.
However I strongly believe that these "bizness arrangements" should benefit both the West and Russia and not to be rotten slimy deals that they turned out to be.

Last edited by erasure; 12-01-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 01:13 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
Russia could certainly do with some decent business arrangements, their economy is in the toilet and about to be flushed. The Rouble is now at it's lowest rate since 1998 and Russian government bonds are pegged at one level above junk.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:49 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Russia could certainly do with some decent business arrangements, their economy is in the toilet and about to be flushed. The Rouble is now at it's lowest rate since 1998 and Russian government bonds are pegged at one level above junk.
Right, right...

Britain's Economy Is a Disaster and Nobody Is Entirely Sure Why - The Atlantic

Old 12-02-2014, 10:04 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: 'colonial exploitation'...

Of course historically we can see why that issue would come up. I'd suggest that today the entire world and its countries are interdependent when it comes to trade. A country if it wishes to better develop itself must trade and trade appropriately.

Ukraine arguably looks smart in its move West. Why? Because she may thinking of development of infrastructure which is key in moving its economy along. Something tells me Putin fears that. I'd say secretly he knows the West if given an eco foothold in Ukraine would impact the region to an extent that it indeed would destabilize Rossiya itself and cause questions to be raised in the handling and stewardship of its economy. Frankly, if Ukraine does achieve success with the West's help it will push Russians themselves to ask 'how are we doing?, how is our quality of life or lack of it? Difficult questions perhaps to a man who wants most things to be 'under control' and ship-shape with no wavering off onto tangents. The script is there. It has to be followed and the future needs to be ushered along along the way Rossiya wants it. Especially in the eco sphere.

I see Putin has diverted the pipeline (which bypassed Ukraine) to southeastern Europe. No doubt he felt the pressure from Europe on that. He must now be really be thinking now of his economic programs and how they are affecting important political questions. He is getting pushback.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Of course historically we can see why that issue would come up. I'd suggest that today the entire world and its countries are interdependent when it comes to trade. A country if it wishes to better develop itself must trade and trade appropriately.
Do you think Ukraine is going to trade and trade appropriately? It seems to me a country that can trade appropriately has something to give/sell for something it wants/needs as it stands alone as a legitimate sovereign entity.

What does Ukraine have? Vast tracts of arable farmlands. A developed although neglected rail and road system. Quite decent industrial means to boot. Ukrainians built the AN-225, remember Antonov? I remember the battery plant in Kharkov. It looked shabby outside, some of the machinery was old, some new but it functioned efficiently overall.

Answer me this. Who needs AN-225 aircraft? Who needs heavy lift aircraft? Many corporations do, DHL, UPS. WHO SUPPLIES THEM NOW?

Boeing, Airbus.

Do you really think Boeing and Airbus are going to give Antonov a chance in hell of competing with them?

There is a lot of land there that could be developed agriculturally. Are Ukrainians going to develop this land? Where's the capital for this? The government has no money to invest so I guess it falls to investors. Where are those investors going to come from?

I can guess and I know one thing, investors want to make a profit. Am I wrong?

Where is that profit going to come from? Hmmmmmm.......................... EUREKA!!! LOW TAXES ON INVESTMENTS!! NO CAPITAL GAINS TAX!!

The Ukrainian people get?

Austerity in their own homeland?

Capitalism is cut throat. There's nothing nice about it, never has been, never will be. I think we are about to see the rape of Ukraine and it's going to be an ugly sight.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:00 PM

566 posts, read 503,730 times
The Ukraine was already raped by those weirdos from Svoboda who overthrew the president after fair and democratic elections were held.
Reminds me more of 1933 Germany, with the Nazis surrounding villages, not letting food or meds in, and driving refugees out of their homes.

Oh, and after Ukraine whats next? Moldova, Georgia, and perhaps Russia to split into 20 parts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe