Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

I don't expect Yapsukyuk and Porkochunko are going to get along well. We all know about the power struggles they have.

Kiev Ukraine News Blog: Ukraine Leader, Under Pressure From West, Pledges New Government Soon

Quote:
I'll admit 'democracy' isn't such an easy political process. But why on the other hand do governments find it better to implement autocracy rather than instituting democracy? Much much easier I think.
The boot which clamps down is a lot easier to get going than the other 'messy' political orientation.
Whatever 'democracy' Rossiya experienced unfortunately wasn't given time to develop. When it comes to time, we can figure it was only a few millisecs considering how it developed through the millennia. Just like wine, to get good vats you need time and care. If the soil is poor the grapes won't grow.
Being American and having grown up in a "democracy" I have to say that I have lost much respect for the concept in my lifetime. Read about Greek history where they supposedly had a democracy, and some human being were considered animals. Here in America women were not allowed to vote until 1919, women were discouraged from entering the workforce until the 1970s.

My government is largely worthless to it's constituents, it's corrupt to the core. You consider Russia corrupt but do you know just what a lobbyist is? Do you know what they do? Money is considered "free speech" and our politicians get elected not by the will of the people but by the size of their war chests. Politicians are whores. My countries system of government from the point of view of many Americans (and my own)is that it is a fraud.

I think a government like Russias has its good points and has its bad. I think that Russians don't like government period, they're libertarian to the tips of their teeth but they know that a functioning society needs some form of control mechanism. I think the Russian people TOLERATE Putin because of all the chit those people have been through in the last 25 years he's the one who's turned things around. He stood up and did his duty for his country and I think he did a damn good job of it. I look to my own government for solutions and all I get is drama worthy of a Mexican soap opera.

I think that Russians saw "democracy" and decided they didn't want a damn thing to do with it. Your average Russian is far more educated than your average American and not so easily led like cattle. It's not a matter of planting something, it's a matter of results and whether the people benefit from their governments existence. As an American I benefit little, 50% of my government could simply disappear and I would never even notice.

You worship democracy all you want. Don't picc down my back and tell me it's raining though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 12:07 AM

235 posts, read 211,138 times
Default Ukraine has no future.

Just called a friend.

Right now two Russian divisions ford the Bering Strait, move forward on Ferguson.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:09 AM

Just in from the Kanuckistan Front!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Can Brussels nuke 'em from orbit?

Old 11-27-2014, 02:22 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
NATO = "North Atlantic Terrorist Organization"

This is a joke.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:31 AM

49 posts, read 73,950 times
feels like it's gonna be the longest thread here ever)

Old 11-27-2014, 01:59 PM

Well then.............. if they're not any Russian companies pipes then I guess Russian companies shouldn't pump oil/diesel and gas through them.

Sorry Europeans.

LMAO!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/ukra...ssian-pipeline

Old 11-27-2014, 03:02 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't expect Yapsukyuk and Porkochunko are going to get along well. We all know about the power struggles they have.

Kiev Ukraine News Blog: Ukraine Leader, Under Pressure From West, Pledges New Government Soon

Being American and having grown up in a "democracy" I have to say that I have lost much respect for the concept in my lifetime. Read about Greek history where they supposedly had a democracy, and some human being were considered animals. Here in America women were not allowed to vote until 1919, women were discouraged from entering the workforce until the 1970s.

My government is largely worthless to it's constituents, it's corrupt to the core. You consider Russia corrupt but do you know just what a lobbyist is? Do you know what they do? Money is considered "free speech" and our politicians get elected not by the will of the people but by the size of their war chests. Politicians are whores. My countries system of government from the point of view of many Americans (and my own)is that it is a fraud.

I think a government like Russias has its good points and has its bad. I think that Russians don't like government period, they're libertarian to the tips of their teeth but they know that a functioning society needs some form of control mechanism. I think the Russian people TOLERATE Putin because of all the chit those people have been through in the last 25 years he's the one who's turned things around. He stood up and did his duty for his country and I think he did a damn good job of it. I look to my own government for solutions and all I get is drama worthy of a Mexican soap opera.

I think that Russians saw "democracy" and decided they didn't want a damn thing to do with it. Your average Russian is far more educated than your average American and not so easily led like cattle. It's not a matter of planting something, it's a matter of results and whether the people benefit from their governments existence. As an American I benefit little, 50% of my government could simply disappear and I would never even notice.

You worship democracy all you want. Don't picc down my back and tell me it's raining though.
While criticizing the Russia intervention, the US doesn't seem to regret any of its invasion in the past and now, 22 countries in 20 years.

Viral meme says United States has 'invaded' 22 countries in the past 20 years | PolitiFact

That doesn't include all those "regime changes" US presidents instructed CIA to initiate or support - often in the case of helping dictators to overthrow democratically elected governments. Syria, Chile and Iran came into mind.

The US loves democracy in other countries as long as they elected the government the US likes. When it thinks the new government is "unacceptable", it never hesitates to abandon its principle and do quite the opposite.

This is the double faced U.S.A many love.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:16 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Is it now OK to have sex with animals? - The Week

Interestingly, when the West would approve sex with dead animals?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:53 AM

122 posts, read 96,412 times
Imo, the future of Ukraine is the same as the future was for the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic.
The separatists didn't exagerate when they compared the conflict to the Battle of Borodino. It is a war of Attrition and it's a war that Kiev is slowly losing. Русские не сдаются.

Even during the Oktober Revolution, when Bolsheviks and Mensheviks take parts of the borderland, every ethnic Ukrainian attempt failed. It always falls to infighting and anarchy. So then the Ukrainian side has it's first Independent country since Ukrainian SSR and what? More infighting and more revolutions in only 25 years.

So the Ukrainian civil war continues while the Ukrainian economy collapses. When Kiev can no more afford the army and shellings then Новороссия. Very much like Pridnestrovie.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Interestingly, when the West would approve sex with dead animals?
It's getting quite strange here in America at times and in places. The vast majority are simply afraid to speak out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe