Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
They already repelled that law.
They repelled this law because most likely the Western advisers pointed them at their big mistake. They try to appoint now wealthy businessmen from East Ukraine for the local administrative positions, I assume following advise of the Western politicians as well.
But the first move of that Kiev new government ( with this law) was quite telling.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:36 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
+1

I find it disrepectful to Ukrainians to suggest that what's going on there is a mere diversion.
I agree with you.

Its also disrespectful that people are saying all Ukrainians who want a independent Ukraine are Nazis. Just because people do not agree with someone does not mean they are a fascist or something.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Its also disrespectful that people are saying all Ukrainians who want a independent Ukraine are Nazis..
I never heard that someone said it.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:28 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
Maybe the best option for peace

Old 03-05-2014, 11:47 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,239,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I agree with you.

Its also disrespectful that people are saying all Ukrainians who want a independent Ukraine are Nazis. Just because people do not agree with someone does not mean they are a fascist or something.
Not all, of course. But there is a pretty active group ("Right sector")

Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM

235 posts, read 211,497 times
Ukraine will observe neutrality, as Finland. The EU will not take - East will be against. Crimea will go to Russia. Gas pipe through the Crimea to Romania.

All the turmoil in Ukraine because of the desires of the local oligarchs to own a gas pipe. Russia supplies Ukraine with gas at a discount, and Ukraine sells it to Europe at market prices. Making money out of thin air.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:08 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes55 View Post
Ukraine will observe neutrality, as Finland. The EU will not take - East will be against. Crimea will go to Russia. Gas pipe through the Crimea to Romania.

All the turmoil in Ukraine because of the desires of the local oligarchs to own a gas pipe. Russia supplies Ukraine with gas at a discount, and Ukraine sells it to Europe at market prices. Making money out of thin air.
Who is going to "own" what is a big question, because this is what I am reading on few Ukrainian sites;

"02.03.2014 Mr. Turchynov in the presence of the ambassadors of the USA, Germany, Poland and Ukraine signed a preliminary agreement with the IMF on granting financial aid to Ukraine, according to which all Ukraine's gas transport system of smoment the final signing of the main agreement on finfood gratuitously transferred the ownership of the American company Chevron, owners Mariupol, Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk metallurgical enterprises are obliged to transfer 50% of the shares in the property of a German company Ruhr coal industry of Donbass is also passed to the Finnish subsidiary of Ruhr! Also in addition to political requirements in a signed document has a clause on granting NATO territories near Kharkiv to host systems of the us missile defense, section of the American fighter aviaciyi to cover interest ABOUT!!
Source - the first Deputy Ambassador of the Czech Republic in Poland."

Ukraine - sale of the country has begun!

If this is true, then indeed we are not talking about "free Ukraine" and never were.

We are talking about the change of master - that's all there is to it.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
You know I wouldn't be surprised of the split considering how Russia has reacted to the political events in Ukraine. I do not think nationalistic tendencies there will go away.And Russia will not apparently countenance it at all as shown by the Crimea. Perhaps Russia and the Ukraine in this deadly game will stand down and come to an 'accomodation'? I mean if they won't or don't can Ukraine be sure Russia will not invade again everytime there's a so-called 'nationalistic' event ostensibly against Russian interests occurring on its soil? Solutions here look difficult and some may be unpalatable but perhaps may need to be done to avert bloodshed and chaos.
I think the powers-to-be know this is about Black Sea access and nothing more, that is why there was not much alertness to a wider attack despite what the media was hyping up. Ukraine and the West knows darn well Russia's concerns about Crimea, that is why the reaction is what it is versus an out right invasion of all of Ukraine. The powers-to-be know Crimea is a special case.

The West will not want compromise on Crimea, as taking Crimea is a key objective, more so than all of Ukraine.

Russia is not going to invade Ukraine; Ukraine knows this, the West knows this; Crimea is its own special cake.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:29 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes55 View Post
Finland is a part of the EU and Eurozone. I don't see how anyone could claim Finland is neutral at this point.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
Just listened on RT to the daughter of infamous Soviet leader Nikita Krutschev, -who lives in NYC and is a US citizen- declare : "we must ban ALL RUSSIANS entering the US, so they will be furious and topple Putin".
Very clever, very responsible, very balanced , very thought out policies - NO! such mind blowing , desperately childish stupidity from someone who prides himself of belonging a "renowned think tank" and this in our "enlightened" 21st century...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe