Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,682,349 times

Advertisements

The people of Ukraine will never allow that to happen, regardless of what some separatists in the East may think.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:10 AM

435 posts, read 421,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
The people of Ukraine will never allow that to happen, regardless of what some separatists in the East may think.
I as the Ukrainian am sincerely surprised with such active discussions of our situation.
Yesterday we adopted the law on one state language Ukrainian. Earlier Yanukovych's government adopted the law on two languages - Ukrainian and Russian.
Now over all country there are disputes, the correct this decision or not.
And on the Maidan more and more inhabitants of the East. Many thousands of people left Yanukovych's party because he betrayed not only the people, but also the brothers on party.
We very much hope that dialogue with the East and the South of the country will help us to keep.

Now we probably the weakest country of Europe, but I say to you that people don't disperse. If during storm there were more than 50 000 people in Kiev, now it is more than them. People any more aren't afraid, even when shoot....
This last that can happens to the person.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:04 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,101,995 times
Good to read that so many are abandoning the party of Yanukovych. The world has seen how Yanukovych has taken so much from the people to build his palace and grounds I hope that the proof of such corruption encourages all the people of Ukraine to all join together to begin to form a new and better government.

I am trying to understand the situation with power generation there. From what I've read
you have been getting oil and gas from Russia and yet I have also read that you have
in Ukraine the resources to generate power. You have good soil for agriculture too.
Do you think it's possible for Ukraine to provide for it's own needs and be independent
of both Russia and the west?

Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
Good to read that so many are abandoning the party of Yanukovych. The world has seen how Yanukovych has taken so much from the people to build his palace and grounds I hope that the proof of such corruption encourages all the people of Ukraine to all join together to begin to form a new and better government.

I am trying to understand the situation with power generation there. From what I've read
you have been getting oil and gas from Russia and yet I have also read that you have
in Ukraine the resources to generate power. You have good soil for agriculture too.
Do you think it's possible for Ukraine to provide for it's own needs and be independent
of both Russia and the west?
You know, it is impossible to remain outside globalization now for one country. It is so arranged economic systems... We can't survive one. Yes, we have many resources... but people who is able to use these resources for the country benefit are necessary to us...
And the most terrible - that we can't trust anybody any more.
In our country there is no money, we can't repay internal debts... Corruption was very large.
Concerning resources - Yanukovych signed the contract with Chinese for rent of the Ukrainian lands, these are 5 percent of our earth.
But I don't believe that Chinese will give us wellbeing... They only use our lands, but then the earth becomes bad and there it will be impossible to do something.
We bought gas in Russia very expensively, on 500 dollars. But this contract was signed earlier by Tymoshenko's our power. The European gas is much cheaper, and at us in Ukraine I don't believe in gas production... It is very difficult process, anybody now won't carry out it..

Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,113,361 times
From what I see on the video and in discussions, the 'Maidan" looks like a neo-fascist nationalist party to me. There are many of these types in the US too, but we call them the KKK.

If the opposition has groups like the Maidan in it, then it's not good news for Ukraine's future.

Russian Black Sea fleet has already blockaded a Ukrainain port in the news.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
From what I see on the video and in discussions, the 'Maidan" looks like a neo-fascist nationalist party to me. There are many of these types in the US too, but we call them the KKK.

If the opposition has groups like the Maidan in it, then it's not good news for Ukraine's future.

Russian Black Sea fleet has already blockaded a Ukrainain port in the news.
My God.... as it is heavy...
Read please a subject here "the Future of Ukraine".
I seem already 1000 times it repeated in 3 days....
Incredibly.

Take one day off and you fly to Kiev... We will show you a Maidan. Real Maidan.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I as the Ukrainian am sincerely surprised with such active discussions of our situation.
Yesterday we adopted the law on one state language Ukrainian. Earlier Yanukovych's government adopted the law on two languages - Ukrainian and Russian.
Now over all country there are disputes, the correct this decision or not.
And on the Maidan more and more inhabitants of the East. Many thousands of people left Yanukovych's party because he betrayed not only the people, but also the brothers on party.
We very much hope that dialogue with the East and the South of the country will help us to keep.

Now we probably the weakest country of Europe, but I say to you that people don't disperse. If during storm there were more than 50 000 people in Kiev, now it is more than them. People any more aren't afraid, even when shoot....
This last that can happens to the person.
What???!!! The law??!!
The first move of the new government, ( whoever they are ) was to deprive the Eastern part of your country of Russian language that both Russians and Ukrainians alike speak there every day???
And after that you are talking about some "dialog" and "unification" with the East??
Way to go, I'm telling you..

There are reasons why you are a failed state.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,113,361 times
you know, when a government start to mandate a single language where there used to be two or many...you know that a nationalist strain is rapidly evolving, and this generally turns out badly. I think those in the western media will be in for a shock when these "Maidan" fascists start beating/killing ethnic Russians who are living in the eastern part of the country. Once the local governments in the east start requesting aid from Russia to restore order, Putin will happily oblige. Ukraine will then be split into two. This law to make one Ukrainian language will be the start of Ukraine's breakup.

These color or flower revolutions always look and smell good at first....but like Egypt and Libya previously, they all, absolutely all, end up badly. The country gets destroyed, the treasury is looted, and all the hard assets are either stolen or sold on the cheap to western corporate potentates. Even zoo animals will starve....I think Deng Xiaoping saved China from a similar fate in 1989 when he ordered in the tank and crushed the demonstrations. Those Chinese college kids may have meant well, but too many black hands are ready to use them to create chaos and satisfy their own sinister agendas. Ukraine is unfortunately falling for this old trick.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:40 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,818,958 times
Quote:
I think Deng Xiaoping saved China from a similar fate in 1989 when he ordered in the tank and crushed the demonstrations.
How many died as a result?

Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
you know, when a government start to mandate a single language where there used to be two or many...you know that a nationalist strain is rapidly evolving, and this generally turns out badly. I think those in the western media will be in for a shock when these "Maidan" fascists start beating/killing ethnic Russians who are living in the eastern part of the country. Once the local governments in the east start requesting aid from Russia to restore order, Putin will happily oblige. Ukraine will then be split into two. This law to make one Ukrainian language will be the start of Ukraine's breakup.

These color or flower revolutions always look and smell good at first....but like Egypt and Libya previously, they all, absolutely all, end up badly. The country gets destroyed, the treasury is looted, and all the hard assets are either stolen or sold on the cheap to western corporate potentates. Even zoo animals will starve....I think Deng Xiaoping saved China from a similar fate in 1989 when he ordered in the tank and crushed the demonstrations. Those Chinese college kids may have meant well, but too many black hands are ready to use them to create chaos and satisfy their own sinister agendas. Ukraine is unfortunately falling for this old trick.
Ukraine won't split in two ... the Crimea and eastern Ukraine will be annexed by Russia outright. The Russians have made no secret of their beliefs that the Crimea and eastern Ukraine are Russian land ... perhaps this is for the better. Upwards of half the population in the Crimea is Russian and not "Ukrainian". They speak Russian and not Ukrainian.

Ukraine will still exist as one nation ... albeit far smaller than in it's current form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe