Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have nothing against Russia but you people are so brainwashed and unable to see the light.

None of the said above - some of us just happen to disagree with you.

Quote:
Russia is crumbling, the economy is crap, 1/4 of Russian males don't live past 55 years old.
Russia has been crumbling for - oh, the last 800 years or so.

Quote:
I could go on and on about Russia's problems, but while the world becomes more open and tolerant, Russia goes backwards, it is becoming more intolerant, more racist, more isolated.
A lot of this "openness" and "tolerance" is skin deep and really not that important in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 12:42 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I think it is Russia that has no future! All the ex USSR countries that distanced themselves from Russia and became members of the EU are doing infinitely better.
)

Crimea is Russia.
Alaska is Russia.
Everything in the world is Russia, except for Kosovo.
Kosovo is Serbia.

http://forum.wotmista.ru/uploads/Fil...7854a8fd28.jpg

Old 07-31-2014, 12:04 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Vanity Military Selfies Are Spoiling Russia’s Attack in Ukraine · Global Voices

Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Quote:
Repubocrat
ex USSR countries that distanced themselves from Russia and became members of the EU are doing infinitely better.
Became members?In fact, the one and only are the Baltic States. The others didn't and won't in the nearest future. So, the post has a little sense, because there are no such countries (the Balts were a special case).

Poles and Czechs are different story. Absolutely.

Ukraine had different economy than them.

The ran away former Ukrainian president has Ukrainian parents. He wasn't much pro-Russian, btw, mostly pro-himself. And his politics was to lend money from everywhere - our money, European money. Typical for our neighbors.

I think, we shouldn't have reacted the way we did, but we can't be responsible for all the mess, our neighbors did during their indendence.

Some of our neighbors mostly collapsed, when they became independent. Moldova, Tajikistan... They ruined their economy and nowdays they came here to work.

In fact our neighbors use our legacy. We built a computer factory in Moldova. They still use it, they produce not computers, but medical equipment.

Last edited by Muscovite; 07-31-2014 at 01:22 AM..

Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
"Alaska is Russia"- This is exactly what I dislike about the "Russian mindset"- it is delusional, borderline insane.

Russia is very good at bullying weak countries like Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus and many of the other ex-USSR republics but they don't have the balls to mess with the big dogs( EU, USA and China)

Now, if Alaska is Russia, why don't you guys send some Russian troops to Alaska to claim it back? You would get your ass destroyed by the US military.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:26 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Repubocrat
We didn't bully Kazakhstan at all. We have normal business partnership, we pay for our spaceport there.

And as I said before you words:
Quote:
ex USSR countries that distanced themselves from Russia and became members of the EU are doing infinitely better.
Have little sense, for there are no such countries (only the 3 Baltic States).

Old 07-31-2014, 03:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
OAO Neftyanaya Kompaniya Yukos v. Russia

Another US$1.9 Billion for the shareholders of Yukos. I guess Moscow will have to tighten its belt when they want to keep financing the rebels.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: ...'all of them know who is killing us'.

Of course war is hell when the man with a gun is over there right in your face. One can see plain as day who it is. But in my view Russians, rebels and separatists however they are described are kind of driving blindly into a war governed by principles destined to rip peoples apart rather than coalesce. I'm not so sure they are asking the right questions or really any questions about this war.
Just knee-jerk reactions which compounds itself after each and every killing. It appears great Russian minds are going to waste on this issue. We don't hear a peep.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 AM

235 posts, read 211,138 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

In this video the journalist Bogdan Butkevich speaks that it is necessary to kill 1,5 million inhabitants of Donbass, and to use Donbass as a resource.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:22 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Don't have time to comment now, but I think this is important to keep in mind;

Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis - Europe - World - The Independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe