Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 03:34 AM

750 posts, read 908,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
They must give us guarantees that this won't happen. Never. Otherwise I doubt their right to accuse us. I don't want the war. But our neighbour shouldn't participate in this military alliance.

In the Crimea they must allow people to made a referendum. Kyiv opposed this idea at first.

But the peninsula is another story. GreyKarast explained why. One may have this or that polical views, but it's evident for the nation.
It can be considered as the ultimatum? I.e. if Ukraine will enter NATO Russia will consider it as military threat and will begin a war?
Russia will not receive any guarantees, for this purpose there are no bases.

The referendum is not valid the law in Ukraine, only decisions of the Verkhovna Rada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:51 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times
Wadym

Don't ask me. There must be grounds for a compromise.

Viribusunitis lives in a neutral country. He doesn't like the situation, he doesn't like the troops there, but he supports the neutral status of your country and the referendum.

I don't want the war. I said that I don't like that some people in your city wear our flag. I said it twice.

There must be grounds for a compromise. Find them.

The Guardian is a British newspaper.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 AM

But actions of Russia heat conditions, and place for the compromise there is all less. It is absolutely clear, that this war goes not under that script which is conceived by the Kremlin and accordingly the ending can appear very unexpected for Russia

Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
It can be considered as the ultimatum? I.e. if Ukraine will enter NATO Russia will consider it as military threat and will begin a war?
Russia will not receive any guarantees, for this purpose there are no bases.

The referendum is not valid the law in Ukraine, only decisions of the Verkhovna Rada.
It's natural. Who actually is NATO? Naturally Ukraine will be a threat if there are military bases being built under the auspices of NATO.That 90 seconds of the flight to Moscow Rockets.Do you think if If Russia will build bases in Mexico. Mexico is considered to be a threat to the U.S.?

Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
But actions of Russia heat conditions, and place for the compromise there is all less. It is absolutely clear, that this war goes not under that script which is conceived by the Kremlin and accordingly the ending can appear very unexpected for Russia
Is the Kremlin 20 years in the Ukraine banned Russian for Russian-speaking people, such as Russia enemies Mazepa staged as monuments to the heroes?
In Russia, no one wants war! What is the future of Ukraine without Russia? Do you think Ukraine will help the EU or the U.S.? If this is not done for 20 years before, why do you think it will happen later? Ukraine in this case will be a puppet of the west and to the country and people will not be anything positive. It will be the same as it was in Russia after Gorbachev, when Russia was a puppet in the hands of the CIA. Not casual Gorbachev received the Nobel Prize and it is considered a hero.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 AM

Quote:
But actions of Russia heat conditions
Yes. That why all sides should find a solution as soon as possible.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
enemies Mazepa staged as monuments to the heroes?
Peter the Great broke the conditions first. We shouldn't discuss this. Politicians must find a solution.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:20 AM

261 posts, read 256,831 times
Putin to Ban Ki-moon:
> Russia would take necessary measures according to international law,

I think a plan, where/when to withdraw the troops would be useful ...

this is 21st century, with nukes and UNO and OSCE and bilateral treaties
don't come with the Great Peter or Crimean war 1853

----------edit---------------------
BBC, 2min ago
Russia has vowed its troops will remain in Ukraine to protect Russian
interests and citizens until the political situation has been "normalised

[= after the elections ?]

Last edited by gsgsgs; 03-03-2014 at 04:31 AM..

Old 03-03-2014, 04:31 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Kind of rich, considering the behavior of Europeans like the Germans and Frnech when it comes to Syria and Libya. How did that neo-imperialist adventure work out? Now you are complaining about Russia acting like the old Czarist state? hilarious.

I suppose when western states act like imperialists, they are supporting democracy and acting justly. But when Russia and China do the same, they are evil and backward. Very rich.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:34 AM

2GreyKarast

It does not impede to create NATO base in the center of Russia. Double standards? Besides the Russian bases in Crimea create greater threat for Ukraine, than bases of NATO, and you will agree that Ukraine should decide whose bases to place in own territory, instead of Russia.

Rus-speaking population of Ukraine it not the nation, its illiteracy of Ukrainians and not having the attitude to Russia.

2Muscovite
Russia refuses to go on negotiations and continues to throw armies right now, in fact war has begun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe