Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Nope, sorry Erasure rather then being rational it sounds more like rationalizing excuses.
"Excuses" for what exactly?

Quote:
From the really tired old communist era attack "its the bankers" or simply by constantly trying to switch the subject to the United States on a thread about the Ukraine and Russia.
Where do you see me "constantly trying to switch the subject to the United States?"
Au contraire, I am talking here mostly about Ukraine and Russia; I've brought the US in conversation only when it called for it.

Quote:
The thing is if the Americans was really trying to destroy Russia, they would act more like.... well more like the old Russia!
Meaning what exactly?

Quote:
If that ever happens then you will know you have a problem. Watch for signs like the United States, China, Korea and Japan hatching secret plans to divide Siberia!
There is no need for these plans per se. If Russians are dying out en mass, sooner or later Siberia will go to China; a big chunk of it. They ( the Chinese) are constantly encroaching there already. Besides, those words of Madeline Allbright about the injustice of it all, that one country ( Russia) "received so much riches" ( in Siberia) became known to Russians back in the nineties.

Quote:
I have a suggestion. Instead of blaming the USA, the Germans, Poland, the western news media, bankers, capitalists, space aliens from Mars, whatever - try to explain why the Ukrainians and almost every other east European nation wants to associate themselves more with the West instead of Russia.
I don't need to blame anyone in particular in this case; "almost every other east European nations" has got under Russian thumb because of the WWII; they were the spoils of the war that Russia has won and Russians dealt with those countries as they were pleased, the way it served their geopolitical interests.

Quote:
In other words, instead of just blaming others, part of the problem is Russia itself.
Russia is not free of problems of course; like anyone else. That's why it doesn't pay off to remove her as a counter-balancing major power in the world, yet that's exactly what happened in the nineties. Yet another attempt has been made to destroy her and take her out of the game once and for all.
What we see happening today is the direct consequences of it; that idea of Russia's destruction backfired yet again, as it happened back in 1945.
Don't people learn their lessons ever?

Last edited by erasure; 03-02-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonfly View Post
I meant that 675,000 Ukrainians had left for Russia in January-February this year.
Russia's border guards say Ukrainians flee, see signs of humanitarian catastrophe-TASS | Reuters
I was not aware of it.

Quote:
Weird, it seems that Putin just bluffed using Crimean crisis.Germany: Putin Accepts Merkel Contact Group Idea

The German government said Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday accepted a proposal by Chancellor Angela Merkel to set up a "contact group" aimed at facilitating dialogue in the Ukraine crisis.
Germany: Putin Accepts Merkel Contact Group Idea - ABC News
I was expecting Germany to step in.
Looks like it finally did.
We'll see what will happen.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:05 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
One question in this is China, who right now is friendly with Russia. But I do not think the Chinese for economic reasons alone, will choose relations with Russia over the North Americans and the Europeans...
China is already deepening its economic relations with Russia.
During the Sochi Olympics Putin have met with Chinese prime-minister who is in a very friendly manner said that the economic relationship between two countries will be growing and extending even more.
China won't obey to the EU and USA political ambitions.

Last edited by musiqum; 03-02-2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old 03-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
So in other words you are saying that the people of the Ukraine that where seeking closer ties to the EU are Nazis? So the EU is nothing but Nazi`s??.
No, you just perverted and distorted all again. Hope it is not intentionally.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM

14 posts, read 37,174 times
Absolutely disgusting!

Go home Ivan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81POlaFJ9c

Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdaW View Post
Absolutely disgusting!

Go home Ivan!
In a due time, in a due time.
As usual.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdaW View Post
Go home Ivan!
Isn't Ukraine home of Ivan?

Old 03-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Isn't Ukraine home of Ivan?
At least the new head of Ukrainian Navy thinks so...

BBC News - New head of Ukraine's navy defects in Crimea

Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 PM

nation.lk ::: - Ukraine: US Orchestrated Coup d

viribusunitis, is that russian propaganda?

Old 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
"Putin have met with Chinese prime-minister"...

You mean the Chinese president, Xi Jingping. I am sure Putin and Xi discussed many things at Sochi under the guise of the Olympics. I am also sure that Putin's current free hand in Crimea and beyond has something to do with having China' full support. Of course, China will expect Russia's reciprocal support when the shoving match over the East China Sea islands of the Diaoyus against the Japanese and their American masters gets heated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe