Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I doubt that all people on the peninsula support the Russian intervention considering that only 58.3% of the people living there are ethnic Russians.
And even from those 58%, not everybody supports Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:18 PM

401 posts, read 534,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Again, when I see your nick name here, I am preparing to hear another stupidity. Everyone who has just a little brain knows that Russia has a greatest culture, great scientists, composers, writers, etc..
But your country have nothing to be proud of, except for the collaboration with hitler troops.
Now you country is degrading. That's really sad...
We all now what Russia has done in the Baltic countries..and it has nothing to do with great culture or composers.

Thank God we still have NATO..

Old 03-03-2014, 03:20 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
My honest opinion:
If Eastern Ukrainians really feel threatened by evil fascists, they should have asked the United Nations for help. Peacekeeping forces, immediate elections and real Crimean autonomy would have been a better idea than unmarked Russian soldiers occupying the peninsula... But yeah...
And just a story on ostensibly 'protecting those who are pro-Russian' in all of Ukraine', Mr. Y asking for Russian intervention and the comment that Russia has not given an ultimatum'....

A man meets a friend and says 'I hear your brother has just gotten out of Penn State and is living in the Park Central.
The friend replies , 'That isn't quite right. My brother has just gotten out of the State pen (penitentiary) and is living in Central Park'.

So we must decide if utterances in these situations are being manufactured on the run and used as rationales to justify intervention in the face of supposed 'provocations'. Add to that all the confusion and obfuscation of realities. Sorry but we've seen this kind of script before. Unfortunately, it seems to work.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:20 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Again, when I see your nick name here, I am preparing to hear another stupidity. Everyone who has just a little brain knows that Russia has a greatest culture, great scientists, composers, writers, etc..
But your country have nothing to be proud of, except for the collaboration with hitler troops.
Now you country is degrading. That's really sad...
And what are you gonna do? Occupy Estonia to teach 'em a lesson and to save 'em from a further degradation?

You'd probably love to, wouldn't you?

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-03-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 03:21 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Brainwashed Europeans??? Who is brainwashed? If you beleive that Obama is behind anything in the Ukraine you need to quit your job in the KGB and get a reality check.
I must gladly say that not everyone in Europe is brainwashed. Relax.
But some of them are really sound too naive or even stupid. And your post is a good confirmation of it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
The truth is: Putin is afraid of the EU getting a stronger position - and is using all kinds of excuses..nazis..russians..whatever.. Probably next thing he will blame the gays...
Even worse..the are huge forces within Russia that wants to get rid of Putin. What happens if things start to heat up there as well.... Russia has a load of its own problems, and Putin is certainly not the way out. So now he draws the nationalistic card.

Pathetic..
Ha-ha-ha...

Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
Ha-ha-ha...
So, instead of having a decent discussion with me, you just ignore me and bash the Baltics instead. Adds a lot to your credibility.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM

401 posts, read 534,447 times
Ooopsss...Norway is a neighboring country to Russia...

Please Mr Putin, don't invade us. We dont have no homos or nazis here...

We do have a bunch of Russians tho..

Old 03-03-2014, 03:31 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
China FM clarifies stance on Ukraine situation - Xinhua | English.news.cn

doesn't sound like China agreeing with Russia on Ukraine to me,
as Russia claimed
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
And even from those 58%, not everybody supports Russians.
Gsgsgs - I did not think China would support Russia that much either. Too much at stake with relations with the European Union and the Americans. Plus the Chinese probably wants a independent Ukraine. Its a country of 40 million plus people that China could trade with. Plus since Ukraine lies on the opposite of Russia, Ukraine could make a useful ally to China if relations between China and Russia ever decline.

Moving - I been wondering how the different groups play out myself. Do some of the most conservative Ukrainians support traditional "Mother Russia"? Do some of the more liberal Russians want the freedom of the West or simply like the EU economy better? I bet there is some crossover between the groups.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
This is what was happened with Slovakia after integrating with the EU (taken from an americam forum):
Quote:
EU brought little bit more jobs to slovakia but destroyed the country's self-sufficiency. No more agriculture, they import french milk and spanish apples because it is part of the EU treaty. The food prices went incredibly up because of that but people in slovakia don't make the same money as germans or french do. the minimum wage is still 320 euro and many people make just that. especially in the eastern slovakia which is the poorest part of the country.
Ukrainians! Think twice where you are going.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:40 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
It's weird that Liliputin tries to protect Russians outside Russia but beats them inside. Such a perverted personality. Merkel put it right: Liliputin is living in a different reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe