Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
I don't want the peninsula. That's a gamble. There are the reasons for the gamble, but why should I pay? A large price or a small price, it doesn't matter.
At the moment, no one asks us.

While I personally would rather support joining. Will have fewer problems with staying in the Crimea (was there in 2011 in Mishore and in 2012 in Sudak): will not need to buy hryvnia and waste time at customs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 05:40 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
At the moment, no one asks us.

While I personally would rather support joining. Will have fewer problems with staying in the Crimea (was there in 2011 in Mishore and in 2012 in Sudak): will not need to buy hryvnia and waste time at customs.
Of course, you would, wouldn't you? And this is why your military is there, so you have it for yourself. They are doing it for you and other Russian people like you, don't you love them?

Would you also like to have Southern France, Italy and some Greek Islands in addition?

Why, no need to buy Euros and waste time at customs when you have a vacation there!

Old 03-06-2014, 05:42 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,370 times
viribusunitis
Quote:
woman called "Olga"
A doctor, not just a woman.

movingwithewind
Quote:
Would you also like to have Southern France, Italy and some Greek Islands in addition?
Nobody there wants to join us. In the peninsula some people want. Don't pretend that you don't see the difference. I don't like the idea, but they may like.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:46 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,346,679 times
Quote:
A doctor, not just a woman.
So what? I doubt she has the resources to do forensic research on the bullets she pulled out of the victims. Since most of the people on both sides primarily used Soviet/post-Soviet rifles, all will have the same calibre. Further research is nearly impossible to do without reference weapons.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:47 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Quote:
Nobody there wants to join us. In the peninsula some people want. Don't pretend that you don't see the difference. I don't like the idea, but they may like.
Muscovite, when you say "Nobody there wants to join us", who are you talking about? People in the southern France?

Hey, why ask them anyway?

In the end, it's not what THEY want, right?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:50 AM

viribusunitis

Yes. But the provocations were possible. It might have been so. Why not?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 AM

movingwiththewind
They didn't live in the same large country, where we all lived. I don't say I want it all again, but a lot of people, those of the older generation or even some of the youngsters think that that large country wasn't so bad. And you can't deny that there are some ties between us, even if they are not so strong now.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,346,679 times
Quote:
viribusunitis

Yes. But the provocations were possible. It might have been so. Why not?
It might have been the CIA or the BND as well. It might have been some aliens from Mars.

I don't know why we should construct conspiracy theories, though. Maybe a couple of guys got hit by friendly fire, but it's just implausible to me that some evil third force shot all the people. Especially when taking all the video material of the Ukrainian police into account.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
but it's just implausible to me that some evil third force shot all the people
To unite the protesters, to make their anger more strong. Why not? But I think we'll never find the truth.

I didn't say that it should prevent us from starting a dialogue with the new government. But I believe in the provocations in such situations.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,060 times
But I believe in the provocations in such situations.

Well we know that's all that's going on now. And it arguably could be on both sides because of the stakes.
Now with Vaclav Havel , the former Czech president. He said situations like we see now occur on 'self-momentum'. His way of saying events run away from people in a blind, uncontrollable way and consequently they get 'manipulated'. This is what's going on now.

And oh taking a page from Havel where he said that during the troubles with Russia in the late 60's the Czech government was riddled with Russian spies. Anything which was discussed in the Czech deliberations went almost immediately right to the opposition's State security. No different today. Russia had plenty of information from the beginning on Ukrainian affairs and possible behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe