Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2020, 01:32 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I'm hearing guilty dogs barking. How cynical of Russia to exploit ignorant villagers scared of a pandemic. Most of the young men arrested at this protest weren't even from the region. Paid provocateurs as usual. Well it's all over now but I see Russian news is going to keep taking about it. How it exposes supposed problems in Ukraine... Yes there are easily influenced ignorant villagers.

I wouldn't let someone's dog back either in this situation. Dogs can carry diseases. Better safe than sorry.

The Chinese agree with you.

( But then, again, I already expressed my opinion about their culture and where the virus that's devastating them now came from.)
Oh, another thing - only an insane person would have left his/her pet behind in China, in some "shelter" ( as this girl has been advised.) And since she disagreed, let her rot in Wuhan.

Quote:
This story is probably fake anyway since it's being promoted by a well known agitator.
But of course.
In US/Europe investigative journalism is part of "freedom and democracy." And so are the "grass-roots politicians."

But someone like Sharij in Ukraine is nothing but a "well-known agitator," since he is not toeing the IMF line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 02:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
The IMF offers below market refinancing in exchange for adopting less wasteful government spending. It's entirely optional but usually a good idea (ask Sweden, UK, Greece, Asians in 1997, etc). In this case, Ukraine is seeking a 5.5 billion dollar amount over 3 years to refinance existing loans to cheaper ones. It does mean they have to not spend loans on Rusdian gas subsidies like Yanukovich did. I'm sorry but that game is over. This should be the last loans they need IMF for as the rest were paid off or rolled into better rates already.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Ask Greece? GREECE!?! Why that's heaven on earth isn't it? LMAO!!!

I hear they just prostitued themselves to the US by signing contracts for military bases there.

Old 02-21-2020, 04:09 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
The IMF offers below market refinancing in exchange for adopting less wasteful government spending.

Correct.
Which ( translating it into normal language) is precisely that - closing hospitals and forcing people to die or to move out of the country.

Because supporting the "ballast" - i.e. people that are not needed to serve the agricultural holdings, people that are retired and so on, is "wasteful government spending."

Quote:
It's entirely optional but usually a good idea (ask Sweden, UK, Greece, Asians in 1997, etc). In this case, Ukraine is seeking a 5.5 billion dollar amount over 3 years to refinance existing loans to cheaper ones. It does mean they have to not spend loans on Rusdian gas subsidies like Yanukovich did. I'm sorry but that game is over. This should be the last loans they need IMF for as the rest were paid off or rolled into better rates already.

I am sorry, but that' precisely what is finishing the Ukrainian population off, that can't afford "European energy prices" on Ukrainian incomes.

With other words, America loves Ukraine and Ukrainians to death, and won't let it rest, until it chokes them in its embrace. "The road to hell is paved with best intentions" as they say.
It's either that, or what Scrat is describing here as usual "drung nach Osten" plan.
Your pick.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:42 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ask Greece? GREECE!?! Why that's heaven on earth isn't it? LMAO!!!

I hear they just prostitued themselves to the US by signing contracts for military bases there.
Have you noticed Greece isn't having a financial crisis anymore? Or does Russia still pretend it does.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:54 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Correct.
Which ( translating it into normal language) is precisely that - closing hospitals and forcing people to die or to move out of the country.

Because supporting the "ballast" - i.e. people that are not needed to serve the agricultural holdings, people that are retired and so on, is "wasteful government spending."

I am sorry, but that' precisely what is finishing the Ukrainian population off, that can't afford "European energy prices" on Ukrainian incomes.

With other words, America loves Ukraine and Ukrainians to death, and won't let it rest, until it chokes them in its embrace. "The road to hell is paved with best intentions" as they say.
It's either that, or what Scrat is describing here as usual "drung nach Osten" plan.
Your pick.
Is the IMF forcing Russia to do the same? They close redundant hospitals too. It also reflects population shifts away from smaller towns to bigger cities.

Belarusians pay the least for gas yet their population is declining too. So what's the correlation there? Eastern Ukraine was losing population when gas was cheaper too. Of all the things that happened to the east, you think it's gas prices which is causing their problems...

Old 02-22-2020, 09:56 AM

Ukraines problems are many. The biggest and most glaring are the facts it is not only at war with itself, it's at war with it's greatest neighbor. Russia. There is no solution on the horizon. Everybody is getting pissed off. France, Germany the 2 powerhouses business wise of Europe and sick of the situation. The EU idiotologists need to get a clue. It's not about idiology, it's about practical everyday wants and needs of citizens from the Urals to London. America and Poland want this to continue, they don't care a whit about Ukrainians.

There's nothing being done. Zelensky is not being allowed to do what he needs to do. Zelensky is not in charge in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygg6Owq8Fkg

Old 02-22-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Have you noticed Greece isn't having a financial crisis anymore? Or does Russia still pretend it does.
I wonder what a Greek citizen would have to say about that.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:38 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Greece's economy is still weak and still are basically in crisis mode. Greece's GDP is still far below the pre-great recession levels, and only recently started to even have positive growth. Greece has a poor debt ratio, among the worse int he world, and it does not have the economy nor never had it, to support such debt, unlike the US or Japan for example.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:54 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Russian internet trolls succeeding in spreading panic in a village about possibly infected people going to quarantine. Congrats, it still works. I see that your media was all there ready for it too.
No troll spread any propaganda, it is just a bunch of misinformed, and probably drunk idiots along with a mob mentality. Exactly how did Russian Internet trolls spread anything? Please tell me some details.

Quote:
Still upset about the latest trade numbers? Trade is up with the world and down with Russia. What did you expect? You mean you actually believed when Kremlin propaganda 4 years ago said the west would not want to buy Ukrainian exports? Sour grapes that Ukraine is working its way into Europe's supply chain now? Who's problem is that... Why do you care what kind of Ukraine manufactured products are purchased by Europe. You'll either deny it or find a way to spin it as a negative. Yes the factories that used to produce parts for Russian military are shrinking their output. Out of date Soviet hospitals are consolidating? This same thing is happening in Russia but you aren't in their thread moaning about it.

If you're so worried about eastern Ukrainian depopulation tell Vova to put the guns down, he lost.
Who is upset over trade numbers? The global economy is humming along great, about every country should have positive growth. The vulnerability is only exposed when a global recession happens, actual good economies get through it, **** poor economies suffer greatly, see Greece for example.

Are you upset over Russia's economic growth despite all the sanctions?

Ukraine reminds me of Mexico in a way, masses of people left the country and work elsewhere, and send money back. I read it is what, 4% of Ukraine's GDP is remittances? I thought the entire purpose of Maiden was to improve Ukraine, but no, it is what I originally stated years ago, millions of people want to leave Ukraine and go live in the EU, and that is what Maiden was all about, they had zero care about Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe