Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2020, 09:52 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

(Лирическое отступление)

One of the most interesting ( and somewhat tense) shows today ("60 minutes.")

Subjects;

24 Russians on that "Dimond Princess" ship stuck near Youkohama ( that slowly but surely turns into huge floating hospital - that's what it looks like, with over 200 people being infected already.)
For Russian speakers; when you'll go through THIS part (the interview with one of the Russian passengers, 67 years old dentist) - you won't stop loling.
According to him - coronavirus is not more than a flue.
How is he doing so far, being locked up in his room with no windows and balcony?

Him - "And what seems to be a problem? A wonderful cozy room - did you pay attention at these fantastic pastel paintings on the walls? They are authentic - it's amazing!

His complaint is - the Japanese bring too much food every day - the yougurts are already falling out from the fridge. (See? They just brought me apples and oranges again.)

Another thing - he asked to NOT to bring so much toilet paper - they don't listen and every day they keep on bringing a roll of toilet paper and the napkins. He is running out of space to store them.

But on another hand- oh joy! they provided me with French cognac and beers of all kind..

-So what do you do all day long in while being locked in the room?

Me? I am working on a book. I am writing a book. See, I am a dentist, and I wrote so many before, so when I was planning to come to Japan, I took some notes with me.."
How other Russians are doing, how are they holding up?
Oh when we are on the deck, we are having good time, no particular problems, we get fresh air and so on ( a fellow Russian is doing jumping jacks nearby...)

It's just one of those things, when you don't know whether to laugh or cry, while listening to him)))

Subject #2
55 Ukrainians are stranded in Wuhan and losing hope to be evacuated out of there, since their government keeps on promising to help and keeps on failing on its promises.
"We kept on laughing at our Russian friends that left on a military plane, with no amenities ( the military plain came from Russia, scooped up 200 of them and whoever came along from former Soviet Republics,) but at least by now they are back home. And us - we are stuck here and the worse it gets ( in terms of the lock-down,) the more the panic is settling in. Now we are asking for help from ANYONE. We want to go back to our parents." ( Looks like a lot of youngsters there.)

Russians in the studio to each other - "What should we do? Can we help them?
Why didn't you leave with our military plane earlier? We took one of yours on that flight."

Ukrainians: "We didn't know it was possible. Besides, two weeks ago situation didn't seem so urgent. By now we are really scared, with everything what's going on here..."

Subject #3.
A Russian woman, who was forceably quarantined in hospital in St. Pet, escaped from the hospital and then went online with her explanations. Now she is wanted by the court ( to be returned to the hospital with COVID-19 suspicions, although the doctors already cleared her before, after she returned from China.)

A big legal dilemma, whether the state has the right to do what it did in this case or not ( she has the lawyer at this point.)

Yes, it was a really good show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGjvPVP1ciA

Last edited by erasure; 02-13-2020 at 10:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 08:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Subject #2
55 Ukrainians are stranded in Wuhan and losing hope to be evacuated out of there, since their government keeps on promising to help and keeps on failing on its promises.
"We kept on laughing at our Russian friends that left on a military plane, with no amenities ( the military plain came from Russia, scooped up 200 of them and whoever came along from former Soviet Republics,) but at least by now they are back home. And us - we are stuck here and the worse it gets ( in terms of the lock-down,) the more the panic is settling in. Now we are asking for help from ANYONE. We want to go back to our parents." ( Looks like a lot of youngsters there.)

Russians in the studio to each other - "What should we do? Can we help them?
Why didn't you leave with our military plane earlier? We took one of yours on that flight."

Ukrainians: "We didn't know it was possible. Besides, two weeks ago situation didn't seem so urgent. By now we are really scared, with everything what's going on here..."
I'm not surprised the Russian military plane came and picked them up at all, what's more surprising is the Ukrainians didn't. That's the difference between good and bad government. Are those people still there?

Old 02-14-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm not surprised the Russian military plane came and picked them up at all, what's more surprising is the Ukrainians didn't. That's the difference between good and bad government. Are those people still there?

Yes.
Now Ukrainian government is promising to pick them up on the 18th, the last I've heard.

Once Russians took note of the situation, they HAVE to act I guess, in order to not to look that bad.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:54 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes.
Now Ukrainian government is promising to pick them up on the 18th, the last I've heard.

Once Russians took note of the situation, they HAVE to act I guess, in order to not to look that bad.
It wouldn't be that hard just to charter an airplane or get them on a flight. Are the families in Ukraine so poor they can't afford to get the kids back? Is it all politics with the students hostage to it? Something is fishy.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
Not every nation is rushing to bring back possibly infected people. Ukraine had to figure out a place and method to quarantine people before flying them back is all. Same as here and Russia (which obviously didn't have great success). Russians escaped forceable quarantine so emulating their failures isn't advisable.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It wouldn't be that hard just to charter an airplane or get them on a flight. Are the families in Ukraine so poor they can't afford to get the kids back? Is it all politics with the students hostage to it? Something is fishy.

Scrat, their government is broke; it looks like they can't organize a flight and can't prepare the place to quarantine 55 people. ( Even though their officials pretend that "everything is is under control."
It's clearly not.

This girl here is saying that "panic is settling in" among them ( Ukrainians that is,) so they are asking ANYBODY to help them to get out of Wuhan; they are asking Russia for help, officially so.

Another girl is saying that when they DO get hold of their embassy ( or whatever representatives are there,) they get response "why do you contact us through RUSSIAN sites, can you not do that for future reference?"

These poor kids are saying "In China so many sites are blocked - Mail Ru is one of the few that are available.")
And this girl here explains that when some Ukrainians are saying "Well you made it to China, you work there, it's your problem," she is responding that she went to work to China to support her parents, since jobs in Ukraine are very scarce."

(She is from the same town as Zelensky by the way.)
The other guy is saying that earlier they were hoping that some European planes would take them (the French one specifically,) but Ukrainian gov. declined this possibility, saying that they'll take care of it themselves, and of course so far they didn't do anything.
So yes, they are asking Russians to help them out at this point.
If I were them, I'd be panicking too, looking at the growing numbers of infected people around and *new hospitals* slash detention centers.

They are saying that they are allowed to leave their dormitory only like three times a week to buy groceries, but the supermarkets are cutting their hours and get closed earlier and earlier too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnhpd88UQtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GM1jF3P5v4

Old 02-15-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Not every nation is rushing to bring back possibly infected people. Ukraine had to figure out a place and method to quarantine people before flying them back is all. Same as here and Russia (which obviously didn't have great success). Russians escaped forceable quarantine so emulating their failures isn't advisable.

Stop your nonsense.

Russians that were taken out of Wuhan (144 of them to be exact) are sitting now in quarantine in *GULAG,* in Tyumen, Siberia))) (All are healthy so far btw.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhe6dHIonLY

The two women ( I've heard of,) that escaped quarantine are NOT part of this group at all; they came much earlier, looks like on their own and were CLEARED by doctors already before ( at least when they originally thought that 14 days quarantine was enough.) So she is fighting in court now against any additional orders.

At least that's the story of the one who escaped in St. Pet.

I am not sure that second case even exists.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 AM
DKM

Russian propaganda knows no bounds. But even this doesn't surprise me.

Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 AM

1,348 posts, read 623,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russian propaganda knows no bounds. But even this doesn't surprise me.

Fun to read your comments sometimes. When you have nothing to object to, you shout: "Putin propagandaaa !!" .. "Russian propagandaaa!"

Old 02-16-2020, 08:55 AM
DKM

It's just heaps of nonsense from Russian propaganda YouTube channels, it's not worth my time to keep dissecting it. They have a bigger budget than I do, good for them. I've lost interest rebutting the nonstop propaganda. Nobody believes it but the Vova followers but go ahead and keep on spreading lies about Ukraine here. And in the other thread lies about how great Putin is running Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe