Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 05:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Russia doesn't give a crap about Ukranians either. Since when did Russia value human life, at least 20 million dead in Stalin's purges and that just gets brushed off as a price to pay in the name of progress.

The very fact that there is a guy called Alec Solano on this board who dislikes Russia proves my point that just like with Libya, Vietnam... not everyone loves the groups that oppose the west as you may think.
Strange. If you added up all the Russians who died by whatever cause between 1900 and 1950 according to some you'd have to come to the conclusion Russian women don't have just one or 2 children, they have litters. 6 or 8 or 12 at a time.

Really MWR. A lot of what you bring to this discussion is relevant in the larger scheme of things but as with larger schemes what you don't get is a good look at things in depth.

You say people are by nature violent, aggressive, greedy war like whatever. I live in a region of roughly 6 million people and there's no war here. Occasionally there's little conflicts even shootings, a few murders. As a rule normal people don't do bad things.

People by and large seek to live together in conditions mutually beneficial to all.

Think about it. The think about what I said about aberrations.

As for Alec I read little of his posts as he has next to nothing to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
What Ukraines Jews fear.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/o...fear.html?_r=0

Old 07-27-2017, 08:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Reformer Saakashvili may not be able to return to Ukraine

Saakashvili May Be Forced To Seek Asylum In United States, Legislator Says

Old 07-27-2017, 08:43 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Strange. If you added up all the Russians who died by whatever cause between 1900 and 1950 according to some you'd have to come to the conclusion Russian women don't have just one or 2 children, they have litters. 6 or 8 or 12 at a time.
I've heard conflicting reports about the total number, but what is a given was that it was huge. Families were quite large back in those days, so it's quite possible that many women had far more than 3 kids.

Quote:
Really MWR. A lot of what you bring to this discussion is relevant in the larger scheme of things but as with larger schemes what you don't get is a good look at things in depth.

You say people are by nature violent, aggressive, greedy war like whatever. I live in a region of roughly 6 million people and there's no war here. Occasionally there's little conflicts even shootings, a few murders. As a rule normal people don't do bad things.

People by and large seek to live together in conditions mutually beneficial to all.

Think about it. The think about what I said about aberrations.
Is that the greater Seattle area? I believe it's one of the safest major cities in the US along with Portland.
But what about cities like Detroit, St Louis or Camden?

If I get a job offer in the States I'll gladly take it. Despite all of its problems, I still think it's one of the best countries around.

When talking about people being violent I'm referring to humans as a collective unit, not individuals.
I gave an example to erasure earlier about how humans have domesticated animals to do their labour. We did it largely because we were on top of the food chain. Did we ever ask or care that animals may not wish to serve us?
How would it feel if aliens came to Earth and decided to make us their pets?

My main issue has always been with absolutes. When I see someone blaming one country or side, while ignoring the ills of others I feel the need to jump in. It's nothing personal I have against you or erasure.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:10 AM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russia took in about 2 million refugees from Ukraine - Russians and Ukrainians alike, and kept on giving the asylum to those, trying to dodge the draft. Whom the Russian government treats the WORST in this situation, is actually not Ukrainians, but ethnic Russians, living in Donbass ( and other Eastern parts of Ukraine.) They gamble their lives away betraying their loyalty and trust, all while bargaining with the "Western partners."
Most of the so-called "refugees" are either ethnic Russians or Ukrainian collaborators who collaborated with the Russian occupation administration
Quote:
Which brings the issue of the attitude of the Russian population towards Ukrainians. Since Russians are familiar with the whole ordeal in a different way than the Westerners, who don't see the civilians killed and maimed by "Democratic Ukrainian government,"
Before the invasion of the Donbas by the Russian troops, there were no "refugees" there, as they are not in the part of Ukraine liberated from the Russian army.
Quote:
Of course not everyone. And Russians for the most part understand that Ukrainians are simply used by the West.
Ha-ha
Ukraine does not need the sympathy of people, 86% of whom support Putin's hordes in Ukraine

Old 07-30-2017, 12:00 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Most of the so-called "refugees" are either ethnic Russians or Ukrainian collaborators who collaborated with the Russian occupation administration
So if they are ethnic Russians or "Ukrainian collaborators" not accepting the Nationalists coming to power in Kiev and running from their homes, they are not refugees?

Quote:
Before the invasion of the Donbas by the Russian troops, there were no "refugees" there, as they are not in the part of Ukraine liberated from the Russian army.
I already know that so-called "Ukrainian patriots" have heavily damaged brains, but people were running from their homeland because they were treated this way by "Democratic Ukrainians" who clearly acted like occupational force towards civilians, with no "Russian troops" in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2SS7iM0io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FJvfXMheA&t=86s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazQlWMZSaY

"Russian troops" - that already came later, in response for all this "Democratic" Ukrainian bacchanalia, and unfortunately not enough of them came.

Quote:
Ha-ha
Ukraine does not need the sympathy of people, 86% of whom support Putin's hordes in Ukraine
Ha-ha. It's too late for anyone's "sympathy" because your so-called country is already cursed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_JnOi4q7w

Old 07-30-2017, 02:26 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
A first-hand account of an American in Mariupol during the revolt in 2014. Very balanced between East and West. Worth reading are his observations in the footnote.

Coleman Collins' season in war-torn Ukraine

A critique on the PBS series on Putin's Russia

Half-truth and Falsehoods in PBS Series

Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

America's Ukraine Hypocrisy | The National Interest Blog

Old 08-10-2017, 05:29 AM

22 posts, read 11,856 times
Quote:
"Russian Ivan" came originally from Ukraine, so be careful what you wish for)))
"Russian Ioan"came originally from Lithuania.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:41 AM

22 posts, read 11,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I found, I found, I found!

I many thought how right translate "ukraine" in English. "Borderland".
And what "Borderland" means?

That is a translation to poor British English.

British, as well as their younger even more poor russian brothers, just do not understand what "Frontierland" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe