Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No.

You must look at dynamics of development of rural production in Russia for last years.
You mean like the "optimization" (closing) of rural schools and hospitals? The restoration of the tsentralny skver and the Lenin statues?

I've seen your propaganda. Just like the USSR, images of combines glorifying the Russian wheat harvest and giving all thanks to VVP. And yes I've seen it blame me and my country for Russia's economic troubles. I've also seen "news reports" telling Russians that the USA engineered the collapse of the USSR and the more recent Ukraine situation... making it our fault that Putin invaded Ukraine. Fake news indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 05:32 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You mean like the "optimization" (closing) of rural schools and hospitals?
No, I meant statistics. Volumes of agricultural products produced.

Quote:
The restoration of the tsentralny skver and the Lenin statues?
I remember this photo:

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/baso...7_original.jpg

It's Magadan.

Quote:
I've seen your propaganda.
My propaganda? Oh, no. Here it is propaganda (English subtitle):

https://youtu.be/T65SwzHAbes

Do you like it?

Quote:
Just like the USSR, images of combines glorifying the Russian wheat harvest and giving all thanks to VVP.
He definitely deserved compliments. And he also deserved criticism. But smart people do not change horses in a crossing.

Quote:
And yes I've seen it blame me and my country for Russia's economic troubles. I've also seen "news reports" telling Russians that the USA engineered the collapse of the USSR and the more recent Ukraine situation... making it our fault that Putin invaded Ukraine. Fake news indeed.
US made the first dangerous step in the Ukraine. It's true. Russia was not the initiator of the processes in Ukraine, but Russia took retaliatory steps.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:13 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
It's shocking! Horrible Russian sing about Ukrainians terrible songs!

https://youtu.be/AqgNmSc43ww
They won't understand this song, but I do.
The comments under this song are a pleasure to read for the most part, coming from both Ukrainians and Russians.
People like Vasya Oblomov are the true light of the Russian soul, the guiding light. People who seek it, will find it on both sides of the conflict.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
No, I meant statistics. Volumes of agricultural products produced.

I remember this photo:

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/baso...7_original.jpg

It's Magadan.

My propaganda? Oh, no. Here it is propaganda (English subtitle):

https://youtu.be/T65SwzHAbes

Do you like it?

He definitely deserved compliments. And he also deserved criticism. But smart people do not change horses in a crossing.

US made the first dangerous step in the Ukraine. It's true. Russia was not the initiator of the processes in Ukraine, but Russia took retaliatory steps.
Maxim, you are an optimist. This is a good thing.
I stand by my word - Putin is a bad news, but I totally agree with you that horses shouldn't be changed in the middle of the stream.

P.S. All of you who still think that cheese needs to be "smuggled" to Russia from abroad, need to watch this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VOMY88v7iQ

(This is a version with better English subtitiles)

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/...eams-come-true

Last edited by erasure; 09-15-2017 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-15-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
If it stays with Russia, it will still be a colony. Smaller countries tend to be colonies of bigger ones either way in some form or the other.
See, while Ukraine was *Russian colony,* at least Russians didn't force Ukrainians to sell their land to them.
But that's what the new overseers are insisting upon.

Ukraine crisis seen softening political ground for foreign farm land sales | Reuters

Jesus Christ, what will these people have left when all is said and done?

Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
See, while Ukraine was *Russian colony,* at least Russians didn't force Ukrainians to sell their land to them.
But that's what the new overseers are insisting upon.

Ukraine crisis seen softening political ground for foreign farm land sales | Reuters

Jesus Christ, what will these people have left when all is said and done?
Look, I understand that you have trouble grasping the concept that Ukraine is a sovereign nation given that it was once part of Russia and there are a lot of historical links between the two, but guess what, history doesn't always go the way you want it to. There was a time when Greece held territory in Asia Minor (modern day Turkey) but lost it following the Ottoman conquest. The Roman Empire at the peak of its power extended all the way from England to the Middle-East. Do modern day Greece and Italy have a right to all that territory? Let me ask you one more question, if Russia has a right to the Ukraine, does it also have a right to the Stans in Central Asia or the state of Alaska?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Look, I understand that you have trouble grasping the concept that Ukraine is a sovereign nation given that it was once part of Russia and there are a lot of historical links between the two, but guess what, history doesn't always go the way you want it to. There was a time when Greece held territory in Asia Minor (modern day Turkey) but lost it following the Ottoman conquest. The Roman Empire at the peak of its power extended all the way from England to the Middle-East. Do modern day Greece and Italy have a right to all that territory? Let me ask you one more question, if Russia has a right to the Ukraine, does it also have a right to the Stans in Central Asia or the state of Alaska?
You are not reading my posts very well, are you?

Old 09-16-2017, 03:24 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:

You know what - even if you choose to view the US as the instigator of the conflict in Ukraine, you have to admit that Russia totally fell for it. If the US set a trap for Russia in Ukraine, Russia fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Ukrainians have never been as anti-Russian or as pro-NATO as they are now. Most Ukrainians were pro-Russian and anti-NATO prior to 2014, and that's a FACT. Russia's actions have retroactively justified the Maidan revolution, even for many Ukrainians who otherwise weren't inclined to support it. That's what you get - and deserve - for waging war on your "fraternal" neighbors.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
You know what - even if you choose to view the US as the instigator of the conflict in Ukraine, you have to admit that Russia totally fell for it. If the US set a trap for Russia in Ukraine, Russia fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Ukrainians have never been as anti-Russian or as pro-NATO as they are now. Most Ukrainians were pro-Russian and anti-NATO prior to 2014, and that's a FACT. Russia's actions have retroactively justified the Maidan revolution, even for many Ukrainians who otherwise weren't inclined to support it. That's what you get - and deserve - for waging war on your "fraternal" neighbors.
thank you for your opinion. Divorced from reality as it is it certainly is entertaining. You know what the real fact is? The vast majority of Ukrainians hold ANY government in contempt, they don't give a damn who is in Kiev so long as they have means and some kind of stability in their lives. The current junta isn't doing such a great job providing either.

Keep the nonsense to yourself.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are not reading my posts very well, are you?
Black is white and whaite is black. Doublethink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe