Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 08:23 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Ah, another Russian agent trying to rewrite history
Beyond any doubt..
So after all, who did not sell grain to the USSR at that time and who did not give a loan to buy food? Have you found the information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 08:31 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
In a nutshell, it would seem that on Tuesday or Wednesday, some unidentified people from the west will attack pro-Russian militias in Donbass, and the US is already blaming it on the Russians in advance.

I mentioned this in another thread, but this really does remind me of the publicity in the run-up to the military operation against Iraq back in 1991, in the sense that US basically announced a few weeks in advance almost the exact date of the initial attack, giving themselves and everyone else time to remove foreign citizens, diplomats, etc.
I don't read American Conservative or Pat Buchanan often but . . . . Bale002, they see it's the same publicity too.

Quote:
Well. If you were paying attention in early 2003, on the verge of the Iraq War, you read this cover essay in National Review by David Frum, a Bush White House speechwriter, who advocated for the Iraq War by denouncing as “unpatriotic conservatives” Pat Buchanan, Bob Novak, and other prominent conservatives who warned against it. Excerpts:

There is, however, a fringe attached to the conservative world that cannot overcome its despair and alienation. The resentments are too intense, the bitterness too unappeasable. Only the boldest of them as yet explicitly acknowledge their wish to see the United States defeated in the War on Terror. But they are thinking about defeat, and wishing for it, and they will take pleasure in it if it should happen.

They began by hating the neoconservatives. They came to hate their party and this president. They have finished by hating their country.

War is a great clarifier. It forces people to take sides. The paleoconservatives have chosen — and the rest of us must choose too. In a time of danger, they have turned their backs on their country. Now we turn our backs on them

I’m not a paleoconservative, and though I thought at the time that Frum went too far, I agreed back then with the thrust of his essay. But I was a fool — a fool traumatized by 9/11, and willing to believe whatever I was told to justify the vengeance I wanted on the Muslim world. Whatever the manifold faults of the paleocons back then, they were right about the One Big Thing: the war. If we had listened to them, America would be in a much better place now. We wouldn’t have hemorrhaged blood and treasure and authority in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan. But people like me in 2003 were willing to believe the David Frums and spite the Pat Buchanans. Now look.
https://www.theamericanconservative....rvatives-2022/

Last edited by YorktownGal; 02-24-2022 at 08:41 AM..

Old 02-24-2022, 08:32 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
How primitive.. You disappoint me..
the whole country was starving..And yes, do you remember who did not sell grain in the USSR and who refused to issue a loan? An awkward moment, really?
Well, it's about time Russia starts starving again.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:33 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Beyond any doubt..
So after all, who did not sell grain to the USSR at that time and who did not give a loan to buy food? Have you found the information?
World history showed Russia forced Ukraine farmers into collective form of farming which resulted in a famine. To punish them for not meeting their quota all their remaining crops were taken for Russia leaving the Ukrainians with nothing leaving millions to starve. What does revisionist Russia history teach you?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:57 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Well, it's about time Russia starts starving again.

Sadly some of them are getting richer and it's not the children nor the soldiers on the lines...I mean I'm watching "meet Kevin" streaming live now, just saw aluminum is up 3% in a single day, completely shocking for a commodity of the ranks of aluminum, it's not even gold...yet who is a huge aluminun seller...yes - Roman Abramovich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHkg_2Cd_o

These commodity oligarchs deserve to be hit by one of those rockets.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:01 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/24/meta...ts-record.html

Old 02-24-2022, 09:05 AM

6,798 posts, read 4,240,302 times
Based on info I got from sources in Ukraine, it looks like most of the Ukrainian defense infrastructure has been destroyed by air strikes and missiles. There's Russian troops (likely paratroopers?) occupying cities around the Black Sea and Russian elements are supposedly pushing quickly north and west. A point was made that the Russians did exclusively attack military installations. The Russian forces pushing South from Belarus are supposedly facing the stiffest resistance and the Ukrainians are still holding them back there to keep Kiev open.

Of course, as often in war, how much of that is rumor and how current all that info is even if it was true at some point..who knows.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
World history showed Russia forced Ukraine farmers into collective form of farming which resulted in a famine. To punish them for not meeting their quota all their remaining crops were taken for Russia leaving the Ukrainians with nothing leaving millions to starve. What does revisionist Russia history teach you?

Since when has propaganda become world history?
Haven't you heard about the famine in the Volga region? And in the Orel region? And in Bryansk? and many many more places.. No? Sadness..Haven't you heard about two years of crop failure? There was no such thing in the USA?
And why did the famine end in 1934? Have the farmers appeared again? or how ?
It is a pity that propaganda and cinema teach you, and not historians..

Old 02-24-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Sadly some of them are getting richer and it's not the children nor the soldiers on the lines...I mean I'm watching "meet Kevin" streaming live now, just saw aluminum is up 3% in a single day, completely shocking for a commodity of the ranks of aluminum, it's not even gold...yet who is a huge aluminun seller...yes - Roman Abramovich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHkg_2Cd_o

These commodity oligarchs deserve to be hit by one of those rockets.
Why? Probably, they don't want to give aluminum for free, or in exchange for such wonderful glass beads..They shine so enticingly..And Western partners.they can praise and pat on the cheek..
And in general, it is an exchange commodity. It is sold for the price that is paid for it.
Or are you against the free market?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:24 AM

Okay, I'm tired of this empty squabble. What is Mr. Zelensky doing there? Still in Kiev? Or already on the way to California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe