Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 04:36 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Mulligan View Post
You clearly didn't understand that I explained to you why I thought you didn't understand.

The church numbers are from Pew.

OK, my guess now it that you were referring to this -

"It's true that the part of old Russian territories were left behind at certain point in time ( what's now "Ukraine" first of all,) ( don't remember off top what happened to their churches back then, but the whole reason they asked for Moscow's protection back in the 1600ies, was because they remained Orthodox, while the Catholic Poland was subjugating them.

And that's how they became part of the Moscow's Patriarchy again."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 07:39 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,354,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
May I remind you the "prayer for peace in Ukraine" in Vatican back in 2014, and what it ended up with?
Speaking of the bad omen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_JnOi4q7w
That is symbolic of the Russian annexation of Ukrainian Crimea, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Old 03-13-2022, 08:22 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Apparently, the Kremlin doesn't feel they are killing enough Ukrainains, or maybe the pieces of the victims' bodies are still too large according to Russian sensibilities. So, they are asking China for some more heinous weapons to use against the Ukrainian people - shelling them with artillery and mortars, machine gunning them is too good for them it seems.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-military-aid/

Old 03-13-2022, 09:44 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
That is symbolic of the Russian annexation of Ukrainian Crimea, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

If you say so, since we are all the equal opportunity crystal ball readers here.

Except for... if it's all about "Russia-Russia-Russia," then why would it be TWO DIFFERENT birds, attacking those peace doves?
So I tell you what, in Russian understanding black crow is the messenger of death and dark forces.

So let's say this was a bad omen for Donbass ( Eastern Ukraine in general.)

And let's say it was all caused by Russia.

But who was that OTHER bird, that grabbed the second dove, the other part of Ukraine, the bird all in white, but predator all the same?

P.S. Crimea stopped being part of Ukraine all together early in the game, and thus was spared all these horrors.

Last edited by erasure; 03-13-2022 at 11:04 PM..

Old 03-14-2022, 09:44 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,057,194 times
Quote:
If you say so, since we are all the equal opportunity crystal ball readers here.

Except for... if it's all about "Russia-Russia-Russia," then why would it be TWO DIFFERENT birds, attacking those peace doves?
So I tell you what, in Russian understanding black crow is the messenger of death and dark forces.

So let's say this was a bad omen for Donbass ( Eastern Ukraine in general.)

And let's say it was all caused by Russia.

But who was that OTHER bird, that grabbed the second dove, the other part of Ukraine, the bird all in white, but predator all the same?

P.S. Crimea stopped being part of Ukraine all together early in the game, and thus was spared all these horrors.
Do you think that the entire Ukraine should be part of Russia?
Even if that means killing hundreds of thousands ...possibly millions...

Hindsight, maybe there should have been a deal where Donbass and Kharkov
goes back to Russia...I think that most people in those areas are ethnic Russian/speak
Russian, I could be wrong, not sure...and only if the majority in those areas vote to
join Russia...if they vote no...political boundaries must be respected...
only problem is any deal with Russia could be
easily broken by Russia, part of the deal would have to include
NATO protection (Ukraine joining NATO),
no protection = Russia at some point invading (again).
Obviously most Ukrainians do not want to be part of Russia.

Unfortunately, any deal is a mute point, and not acceptable to Ukraine,
as I think Putin has always had his eyes on taking
all of Ukraine...not just the Russian majority areas in the east.

Putin wants his Russian Empire back. Putin can not be trusted.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:41 AM

572 posts, read 279,359 times
Zel will address a joint session of Congress virtually at 9.am Wednesday.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:57 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Mulligan View Post
Zel will address a joint session of Congress virtually at 9.am Wednesday.
Great!

He will ask for a no fly zone over Ukraine.

Will Congress agree?

If Congress agrees, it's an act of war against Russia.

Are you willing to fight? Seriously, are you willing to fight?

Are you willing to send your children or your neighbors' children to fight?

'Cuz I am not sending my children to die overseas. I don't want to die in a nuclear war either.

Pick your poison.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:03 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,460 times
Quote:
May I remind you the "prayer for peace in Ukraine" in Vatican back in 2014, and what it ended up with?
Speaking of the bad omen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_JnOi4q7w
Actually the doves were already being attacked in years before 2014. The frightened doves try to come back in but are shooed away and the window closed. Outside, the dove knows it's in danger and no where to go, so it clings to the walls in fear. By 2014 in your video, the Pope knew the seagulls are outside ready to attack but he releases the poor doves anyway, for show.

Bad omen? How about this one for creepiness?

July 28, 1914 Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, start of WWI
7+28+19+14=68

September 1, 1939 Germany attacked Poland, start of WWII
9+1+19+39=68

February 24, 2022 Russia attacked Ukraine, start of ???
2+24+20+22=68

Old 03-14-2022, 12:22 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Great!

He will ask for a no fly zone over Ukraine.

Will Congress agree?

If Congress agrees, it's an act of war against Russia.

Are you willing to fight? Seriously, are you willing to fight?

Are you willing to send your children or your neighbors' children to fight?

'Cuz I am not sending my children to die overseas. I don't want to die in a nuclear war either.

Pick your poison.
It is just too bad that the rabid rat of Kremlin is more than willing to send his nazi troopers to fight. Joe is pathetic on this and he acts like a salesman. He could have prevented this war by preemtively escalating before the Russians attacked, instead the old fool was running around with "the price" tags for Putin aggression. What's the point of having bloated military and be afraid of upsetting Vlad? Why Vlad is not afraid of Joe escalating? To spend that much money on military and be afraid of Vlad escalating makes sense not. If USA admits defeat and let Vlad kill as much as he wants, military spending must be cut, there is no point for that much military if the leadership is reactive, fearful and has no balls.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:41 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It is just too bad that the rabid rat of Kremlin is more than willing to send his nazi troopers to fight. Joe is pathetic on this and he acts like a salesman. He could have prevented this war by preemtively escalating before the Russians attacked, instead the old fool was running around with "the price" tags for Putin aggression. What's the point of having bloated military and be afraid of upsetting Vlad? Why Vlad is not afraid of Joe escalating? To spend that much money on military and be afraid of Vlad escalating makes sense not. If USA admits defeat and let Vlad kill as much as he wants, military spending must be cut, there is no point for that much military if the leadership is reactive, fearful and has no balls.
That's why I miss when Reagan was president. During the Cold War Gorbachev feared Reagan much more than Reagan feared Gorbachev.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe