Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ erasure : Radio Free Europe is a survival of the Cold War, what they say is pure propaganda & lies. I don't understand (or rather I understand all too well) why such a propaganda outlet got a new lease of life after the disappearance of the Soviet Union in 1991.
As I've mentioned, originally this article was in some major US news outlet few years ago, I simly couldn't find it, google referred me to the same article published in Radio Free Europe. ( Which is really irrelevant source of news of course in nowadays comparably to Soviet times.)

Quote:
The western powers actually want the destruction of rump Russia , the war they fought in former Yugoslavia thru their Bosnian , Cratian and Kosovian mavericks what just "muscle flexing", now they are out of the woods for the real thing : the destruction of Russia.
I became aware of it after the nineties (in the eighties of course my household was listening to "Radio Free Europe" and "Voice of America," as many other representatives from the class of "Soviet intelligentsia." )

I have to make an observation thought that I still don't see "western powers" as quite one unified front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
I am russian from Donetsk and until events in Kiev I liked living in Ukraine. Now I want independence for us, I don't want Novorossia was a part of Russia and never wanted, but staying in Ukraine after such punitive actions at least would be disrespectful to our grandfathers and people who have died this year from shellings and protecting us.
Hello Selena - so happy to see you. ( And your picture.)
Glad things are getting better, ) although I hear on FB all the time that bozos from Kiev are amassing troops on your border. I hope the retards will finally leave you alone.

I was going through older essays of Dmitry Olshansky ( are you familiar with him, he is from "Russian news service,") and one of them that caught my eye was very short one;

"Если ударить ракетой по Донецку, как сегодня утром, - что будет?
Ничего.
А если ударить ракетой по Киеву в ответ - что будет?
Визг и вой на весь мир.
И это все, что вам нужно знать об этой войне."

"If you hit Donetsk with a missile, as it happened this morning - what' going to happen?
Nothing.
But if you'll hit Kiev in response in the same manner, what's going to happen?
There will be stink and howling for the whole world to hear.
That's all you need to know about this war."

( Of course Olshansky and the likes of him would like to see Donbass united with Russia. Only without Putin at helm.)
All the best to you and people of Donbass Selena, sorry for all your suffering in this war of international politics.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:54 AM

827 posts, read 631,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
In this case, the rest of Ukrainia should join NATO and Putin want to avoid to have a big direct borderline with NATO state.

yes, there should be a clear separation between Russia and the Donbass on one side, and Ukraine on the other. I believe it would desesclate the situation, it would be healthier?
I was surprise that Putin don't recognize and took the dombass, and it's the explanation i read.

I think it's the best solution for everyone. Obviously ukrainian nationalist will disagree and hates loose a part of the territory.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
George Soros may be appointed head of the National Bank of Ukraine

APA - George Soros may be appointed head of National Bank of Ukraine

He's one of the private financiers of the Ukraine protest organizations and paramilitary strongarm forces.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:42 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
If so quite a logical move I'd say. Ukraine knows what side the toast is buttered on.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 PM

827 posts, read 631,339 times
logical? It's totally crazy to give key post on your governement to non national people. Ukrainia is giving up on his independant.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
logical? It's totally crazy to give key post on your governement to non national people. Ukrainia is giving up on his independant.
This whole ordeal was never about Ukrainian "independence" - it was about switching the master. Now it has been made official, that's all.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:39 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
^
Thoughts? Unfavorable? Favorable? Ukraine 'selling out' to the capitalistas? Bucks and more bucks can move things. Get that infrastructure going. Time for Ukraine to get its development going I think.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Ukraines "Ministry Of Truth", Minitrue for short.

Kiev Ukraine News Blog: Ukraine Forms 'Ministry Of Truth' To Regulate The Media

Quote:
If so quite a logical move I'd say. Ukraine knows what side the toast is buttered on.
Question is, where is the choice? Do Ukrainians have a choice? Ukrainians need to butter their own toast and have their leaders stand up for their interests, not the interests of foreigners. In all my reading of history I have seen this many times. Nicaragua, Columbia, Equador, India, Siam, Mexico. This is colonialism nothing more.

The only way it will work is if the wealth is reinvested back into the PEOPLE of the country. Medicine, education, elder care child care and infrastructure. I don't see it happening.

Great to hear from you Selena!!

Were they shelling the airport today?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
The western powers actually want the destruction of rump Russia , the war they fought in former Yugoslavia thru their Bosnian , Cratian and Kosovian mavericks what just "muscle flexing", now they are out of the woods for the real thing : the destruction of Russia.
It's the stated goal of certain powerful people in US politics every since 1991. I don't think it has dawned on Russian politicians yet. It's kind of like a repeat of Stalin and Hitler. Stalin and his people didn't believe Germany would attack, we all know how wrong they were. Make no mistake of it. There are people in the west who value the lives of their fellow men no more than the 2 individuals mentioned above. They have to power to bring death and destruction on a scale as yet unseen in history and they have little in the way of scruples.

They will set events in motion that will destroy the lives of untold millions and to them it will be just a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe