Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 11:50 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Troublesome news coming from the South-East of Ukraine.

Although the DNR troops successfully advanced to Mariupol, and about to lock the Ukrainian troops in cauldron, the inhabitants of Mariupol keep on sending SOS to the DNR commandment, because both the Nationalist Battalions and Ukrainian marines that remain there, are blocking the corridor, the safe passage for civilians to leave the city.

The toll of dead civilians is rising elsewhere - in suburbs of Kharkov I hear, no matter how much Russian troops are trying to avoid the losses.

At this point Putin sent delegation to Belorussia, ( Macron kept on doing his job, in spite of the earlier yelling from Washington, so he talked both to Putin and Zelensky, who first refused to participate in negotiations, yet at the end sent the delegation to Belorussia too.)
The negotiations lasted six hours, and the next round is scheduled to come in few days, but I don't think that Russians will stop military operations at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjvbk46EK7w

Last edited by erasure; 03-01-2022 at 12:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 12:06 AM

827 posts, read 630,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think it might reflect the lukewarm temperature from the Russian-speaking part of Ukrainians, who might be glad to get rid of Ukrainian nationalists, but who are not thrilled with perspective to be run from Moscow.

You really interpret in this exchange that the guy is glad to get ride of ukrainian nationalist?
Sincerelly I don't get how you conclude that.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:13 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
At this point even Turkey turned against the war, which I find hilarious for many reasons:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ukraine-crisis

And I can't begin to think about all of the other sanctions and actions from everywhere...looks like India and Brazil are the only countries being pro-russian and this is for an obvious reason: Brics.

Like I've said the death of civilians and vulnerable people is inexcusable and with the failure of yesterday's negotiations in Belarus it seems as if this is going to continue for a while...no freedom can justify it.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
You really interpret in this exchange that the guy is glad to get ride of ukrainian nationalist?
Sincerelly I don't get how you conclude that.

People who are on the side of Ukrainian Nationalists simply HATE Russians.

There would have never been the kind of exchange, with the kind of friendly slang I hear in this case.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:11 AM

12,393 posts, read 9,493,040 times
With economic warfare, the West needs to do to Russia, what it is doing to Ukraine.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
:
The toll of dead civilians is rising elsewhere - in suburbs of Kharkov I hear, no matter how much Russian troops are trying to avoid the losses.
:
Nonsense. The Russians have precision weapons, and they're attacking dams, petro insfrastructure, civic buildings, and apartment buildings - basically everything is being targeted. It's a calculated campaign of increasing violence on the Ukrainian people and destruction of their nation to terrorize them and break their will. Yes, the Russians can do still worse, and they will - their goal is total surrender of Ukraine.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:32 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Nonsense. The Russians have precision weapons, and they're attacking dams, petro insfrastructure, civic buildings, and apartment buildings - basically everything is being targeted. It's a calculated campaign of increasing violence on the Ukrainian people and destruction of their nation to terrorize them and break their will. Yes, the Russians can do still worse, and they will - their goal is total surrender of Ukraine.
Yeah, that is how you win a war. That is what the Americans did before invading Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Serbia, etc.

A total blitz. Ukrainian's wanted war and now they got it.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Yeah, that is how you win a war. That is what the Americans did before invading Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Serbia, etc.

A total blitz. Ukrainian's wanted war and now they got it.
Ukraianians wanted war??? Ukrainians wanted the Russian army out of their country! This is totally unprovoked conquest by Vladimir Putin - who does it because he can.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:42 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ukraianians wanted war??? Ukrainians wanted the Russian army out of their country! This is totally unprovoked conquest by Vladimir Putin - who does it because he can.
Do not engage him. He's mentally ill.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:43 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Do not engage him. He's mentally ill.
Reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe