Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 05:47 AM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times

Advertisements

For years now, Russia has been attacking Ukraine. They took Crimea, and they have been gradually severing the eastern territories. All this time they have been asking for strong sanctions and weapons from the West. They got some modest help on both counts, but the West mainly seemed to be trying to appease Putin - don't upset him and maybe he'll stop. Well, appeasing Putin, like appeasing Hitler, didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 05:47 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ukraianians wanted war??? Ukrainians wanted the Russian army out of their country! This is totally unprovoked conquest by Vladimir Putin - who does it because he can.
Yeah they did.

Despite wanting to be subsidized by Russian gas (that was their opposition to Nord Stream 2) they also wanted NATO to fund their economy and military.

They armed Nazi militias to kill children in Donbas, they let them burn alive protestors, and not only did they refuse to implement the Minsk agreement, they REFUSED to negotiate with the rebels for a new agreement.

For 8 years this happened, all the while they built shrines to Nazi collaborators, banned foriegn languages, and attempted to get NATO to use them as a conduit against Russia.

These people thought Russia was a bear, well now they get to watch and see.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Yeah they did.

Despite wanting to be subsidized by Russian gas (that was their opposition to Nord Stream 2) they also wanted NATO to fund their economy and military.

They armed Nazi militias to kill children in Donbas, they let them burn alive protestors, and not only did they refuse to implement the Minsk agreement, they REFUSED to negotiate with the rebels for a new agreement.

For 8 years this happened, all the while they built shrines to Nazi collaborators, banned foriegn languages, and attempted to get NATO to use them as a conduit against Russia.

It's a steaming pile of Russian propaganda, that's all that is.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:55 AM

Quote:
It's a steaming pile of Russian propaganda, that's all that is.
See, if you cannot discuss things on an intellectual basis the truth will never come out. I have been following this issue for 8 years, it isn't just something that popped up on my news feed.

What issues do you take with what I said? Let's discuss them. (FYI: I am not Russian).

Old 03-01-2022, 06:00 AM

Quote:
See, if you cannot discuss things on an intellectual basis the truth will never come out. I have been following this issue for 8 years, it isn't just something that popped up on my news feed.

What issues do you take with what I said? Let's discuss them. (FYI: I am not Russian).
You are either a Russian troll or you have no clue.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
You are either a Russian troll or you have no clue.
I have followed the issue for eight years straight.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
I have followed the issue for eight years straight.
I have family in Ukraine (and have been there several times myself for that matter), and have surely been following longer and more closely than you.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I have family in Ukraine (and have been there several times myself for that matter), and have surely been following longer and more closely than you.
Sure, then you can explain why you disagree, yes?

Old 03-01-2022, 06:22 AM

602 posts, read 495,590 times
Quote:
Yeah they did.

You are weirdly selective about nazis. Plenty of nazi sympathies in Russian society as well like the Wagner Group, which are affiliated with the small leader Putin.

Russia is a fascist police state where protesting people are being beaten by the police.

So you dont like Ukranian Nazis but apparantly totally OK with fascist Russia?

Old 03-01-2022, 08:16 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Yeah they did.

Quote:
Great-grandmother Valentyna Konstantynovska joined the neo-Nazi group as one of thousands who have signed up to defend the country

Valentyna Konstantynovska was seen holding the assault rifle during basic combat training organised by forces from Ukraine’s National Guard, in Mariupol, in the Donetsk region on Sunday, amid fears from Western leaders that a Russian invasion could take place within 48 hours.

The extremist, neo-Nazi Azov Battalion formed as a volunteer militia brigade in 2014 and was incorporated into the National Guard that same year. It has recently been carrying out drills, preparing bomb shelters and getting ready for a guerilla-style war.
https://inews.co.uk/news/world/russi...vasion-1459584

Quote:
Organised by far-right movement Azov, the training offered basic lessons in first response medical care, survival and evacuation, weapons safety and how to shoot a weapon. Residents said it is the only safety or awareness training they have received in almost eight years of conflict.

“I’ve been dreaming since 2014 to learn to use a gun*, but was told ‘babushka, you are too old for that. You will be knocked off your feet with the recoil’,” said Konstantinovska, lying on a yoga mat in a silky lemon-coloured coat to practice aiming a model AK-47 assault rifle.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ne-from-russia

*The Babushka was dreaming of learning to use a gun as her fellow Ukrainian citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
So you dont like Ukranian Nazis but apparantly totally OK with fascist Russia?
The "fascist Russians" don't have those nifty Nazi patches based on the German Nazi symbols on their uniforms.

Quote:
Germans were confronted with images of their country’s dark past on Monday night, when German public broadcaster ZDF showed video of Ukrainian soldiers with Nazi symbols on their helmets in its evening newscast. In a report on the fragile cease-fire in eastern Ukraine, Moscow correspondent Bernhard Lichte used pictures of a soldier wearing a combat helmet with the "SS runes" of Hitler’s infamous black-uniformed elite corps. A second soldier was seen with a swastika on his gear. “Volunteer battalions from nearly every political spectrum are reinforcing the government side,” the ZDF correspondent said in his report.

The video was shot last week in Ukraine by a camera team from Norwegian broadcaster TV2. “We were filming a report about Ukraine’s AZOV battalion in the eastern city of Urzuf, when we came across these soldiers,” Oysten Bogen, a correspondent for the private television station, told NBC New
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/uk...ldiers-n198961
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe