Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 05:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Railway bridge in the Kerch Straits is finished. I guess an indecent number of tickets were sold. It's about $43 for a 33 hr train ride from Moscow. Russia is also transferring 176 pieces of rolling stock and locomotives to the Crimean rail road.

https://tass.com/economy/1100667
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 07:57 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Railway bridge in the Kerch Straits is finished. I guess an indecent number of tickets were sold. It's about $43 for a 33 hr train ride from Moscow. Russia is also transferring 176 pieces of rolling stock and locomotives to the Crimean rail road.

https://tass.com/economy/1100667
3 years ago Ukrainians said that it was impossible and this bridge would never be built.

Old 12-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
I believe the entire situation has stabilized in Ukraine compared to the exact years of 2014, 2015. Endless blessings that absolutely everything is improving. Now, average foreigners could go to Kiev, Odessa, Lviv just like how they already went to Russia, anyways with Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Sochi. When enjoying Russia, why ever devaluate Ukraine? Especially when Kiev, and Moscow are pretty much equally as close to Luhansk, Donetsk, Crimean Peninsula. Kin d of very small territory for the absolute final.

And a solid observable sign if Kharkiv airport is reaching record highs in passenger flow for 2019 month after month. The regular international airplane flight paths have returned flying over Ukraine very often. Probably wasn't even allowed for those years earlier on in the 2000's.

The news media isn't saying too much conflict arising lately ever since late 2015. Hopefully, staying the way at a minimal.
No issues, please for Russia, and Ukraine.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:06 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
It's been fun not responding and occasionally reading the Russian propaganda drivel on here. The information war doesn't stop does it? It must be encouraging to see some elements of the Republican party are willing to parrot some of it (until this drives them from power).

Let's see here, since I last posted several of my predictions came true: Russia was banned from the Olympics. Ze met with Putin, offered peace and showed the world how much Putin is against it. The gas transit deal with Ukraine has been agreed and Russia apparently offered a 3 billion dollar settlement to get it going. Ukraines most recent quarterly GDP growth came in at over 4%, again. National income per person is the highest since independence. The east continues to suffer, shrink and grow more weary of Russia's military threatening them.

Not much else to report. Happy Holidays!

Old 12-20-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
It's been fun not responding and occasionally reading the Russian propaganda drivel on here. The information war doesn't stop does it? It must be encouraging to see some elements of the Republican party are willing to parrot some of it (until this drives them from power).

Let's see here, since I last posted several of my predictions came true: Russia was banned from the Olympics. Ze met with Putin, offered peace and showed the world how much Putin is against it. The gas transit deal with Ukraine has been agreed and Russia apparently offered a 3 billion dollar settlement to get it going. Ukraines most recent quarterly GDP growth came in at over 4%, again. National income per person is the highest since independence. The east continues to suffer, shrink and grow more weary of Russia's military threatening them.

Signed a new contract at the troll factory 'eh? How much?

Old 12-20-2019, 10:54 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Arsen Avakov is the key man behind the scenes in Ukraine. He runs the militias, he's the guy with the gun in the back of Zelensky and the opposition. He doesn't work for any entity of the Ukrainian government. He works for foreign interests.

As the rumor has it lately, he is aiming for the post of the prime-minister of Ukraine.

He was visibly present in Paris, letting everyone know that "Zelensky didn't overstep any red lines" there during negotiations with Putin," and he is now playing the role of a man who "firmly keeps militia ( that threatens Zelensky government) under control," and even - ( gasp) under his guidance the old assassination of the journalist has been resolved, with the assassins being the "ATO heroes."
Not only that, but this was his police that took care of the latest mass protests near parliament against the

land reforms.

Which makes this scene between D. Arakhamia ( leader of Zelensky's "Servant of the people" party) and A. Belezky ( organizer of "Azov") priceless.
Arakhamia came to talk to protesters in front of Rada ( regarding the land reforms) and bumped into Belezky, who is accusing the gov. in suppression of people's rights, pointing at Avakov as "Ze's man."

To which Arakhamia is basically looking at him "what, Avakov is OUR man now? Are you out of your mind? He is YOUR man."

So as I've said - priceless ( as much as Avakov's games.)
So that's a scene in front of the parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0RLgR-rxA

and this is the scene in Kiev's COURT, where the "ATO heroes" are accused in the old assassination of the journalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWuhTJDDT3o&t=295s

Meanwhile in Rada they are fighting tooth and nail over "land reforms" demanded by the IMF.

"For life" party opened a criminal case against Zelensky in Kiev's court "for state treason," from what I understand. ( They are backed by the Nationalists when it comes to the "land reforms" )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_oWgkB9Xc

So it looks like things are heating up there.

And thus latest Putin's words about the "historic Ukrainian lands" ( which was really a small patch of land comparably to modern Ukraine,) sound even more ominous I'd say...

Last edited by erasure; 12-20-2019 at 11:12 PM..

Old 12-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Oh, DKMchik, there you are)))

Long time no see...where have you been, we missed you here...

Happy Holidays to you too)))

Old 12-28-2019, 03:00 PM

I hope this murdering bastard Mr Lang sleeps well at night. I doubt his fiancee' does.

https://news.kievukraine.info/2019/1...uspect-is.html

Old 12-28-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I hope this murdering bastard Mr Lang sleeps well at night. I doubt his fiancee' does.

https://news.kievukraine.info/2019/1...uspect-is.html

Oh she does I'm sure if she is willing to deal with someone like him in the first place.
See, the way their society operates lately is it will accept anyone as a "hero" as long as they were "fighting Russia" and "defending Ukraine's independence."
And by "anyone" I mean anyone - all kind of thugs, killers - you name it. And they are protected by the authorities ( law enforcement authorities included - courts, judges - you name it.)

Being a "vet" on the Eastern front ( or physically attacking anyone that doesn't support the narrative of "Russian aggression" and "independent Ukraine") is all it takes to be a "hero" over there.

So it's not just Lang ( or any other foreign volunteers) who have this kind of admiration - local thugs have it too.

"Foreign volunteers like Lang earn admiration in Ukraine, including a simplified path to citizenship under a recent law."

As I've said, that's how the society operates over there, to the big dismay of those, who voted for Zelensky in hope for things to change, so that law and order would have been restored, but unfortunately things didn't change much, since he bent to the Nationalists.

And Lang knows the rules of the game very well, hence -

"In his asylum application, he claims he needs protection because President Donald Trump “has very close ties and a relationship with Vladimir Putin” and is working “at the request of the Russian government” to target foreign fighters for Ukraine."

Say no more.
In Ukraine that all it takes to be a hero, to be protected by law enforcement agencies and judiciary system alike.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:28 PM

His own words according to police in the case.

Quote:
The Army discharged him six and a half years later, after he went AWOL and drove from Texas to North Carolina with his military equipment, telling people he wanted to murder his wife, the Ayden police chief told local news outlets.

"I told my commanders repeatedly that I was going to murder her," Lang would later tell VICE in Ukraine.

"The motherf------ thought I was bluffing."
There's a lot more over there too as you say. What they do working as enforcers, assassins, soldiers for whatever oligarchs mob is a mystery. They do sow terror though, just like so many other organizations that call themselves governments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe