Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2019, 04:29 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I read something about that too. I say the whole Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts should be allowed to secede if they wish to. I can't see the people forgiving what has been done to them. Ukraine simply needs to admit defeat and make the best of a bad situation.

Better yet, maybe Ukraines citizens need to find the perpetrators of this atrocity and hang them all.

They can't do it so far, because Porosheno can't be touched by law ( per American request from what I hear,) even though he has few criminal cases opened against him.
And Turchinov ( who personally unleashed the ATO,) is ermm... a baptist pastor.

"In an interview with the BBC, Turchynov admitted that in 2014, when the first volunteers went to war, he was personally giving them weapons, but not all were clean in the eyes of the law: "And I personally signed the orders for the weapons, many were worried about what would happen if they did not follow those orders with a weapons. Indeed, we didn't check anyone at that time, if they were convicted previously or not – whoever said that they are ready to defend the country, signed up, received weapons and went to the East of our country."[47][48][49] In an interview given to VICE, he declared concerning his decision: "If it happened again, I would do the same thing"[50]"

P.S. I wonder whether this recent unexpected announcement ( about the change of DNR borders) is not a first signal to Ukrainian "reformatting" of a "state," ( if not downright a signal of disintegration.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 04:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
It's like someone, somewhere keeps on stirring sh*t in that part of the world, and just can't stop.
Not gonna end up well, that's what I sense.
I think it's SIGs here in the US. Special Interest Groups, it's a term I first heard in the 1980s and maybe called something else today, PACS?. Organizations that buy influence in our government. Groups of expats with a lot of money pooling it together to get something are a big part of it. Then there's business interests doing the same things. It's all about making money and opportunity where the rubber meets the road.

There's a group in Canada that bribes (finances the election) of some senator there. Really, why would the Canadians have an interest in Ukraine? There's a large number of Ukrainians in parts of Canada right?

The larger things are obvious, more visible but the devils in the details. I've never been able to figure out just how this works. Who gives what to whom, how much and how things are carried out.

I also agree that things in Ukraine are going to come to a head and I think there may be bloodshed. Those Nazi wannabes and their backers are not going to give up without a fight. Zelensky tries something he's a dead man too.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
P.S. I wonder whether this recent unexpected announcement ( about the change of DNR borders) is not a first signal to Ukrainian "reformatting" of a "state," ( if not downright a signal of disintegration.)
I haven't been able to keep up with what's going on in Kiev, in the Rada but the Russians seem to be waiting for something. I think civil war is a possibility. A strong one.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I think it's SIGs here in the US. Special Interest Groups, it's a term I first heard in the 1980s and maybe called something else today, PACS?. Organizations that buy influence in our government. Groups of expats with a lot of money pooling it together to get something are a big part of it. Then there's business interests doing the same things. It's all about making money and opportunity where the rubber meets the road.

There's a group in Canada that bribes (finances the election) of some senator there. Really, why would the Canadians have an interest in Ukraine? There's a large number of Ukrainians in parts of Canada right?

The larger things are obvious, more visible but the devils in the details. I've never been able to figure out just how this works. Who gives what to whom, how much and how things are carried out.

I also agree that things in Ukraine are going to come to a head and I think there may be bloodshed. Those Nazi wannabes and their backers are not going to give up without a fight. Zelensky tries something he's a dead man too.

Yes.

A LOT of them in Canada, the Western Ukrainians at that.
They lobby the politicians in Canada big time.

"In 2016, there were an estimated 1,359,655 persons of full or partial Ukrainian origin residing in Canada (the majority being Canadian-born citizens), making them Canada's eleventh largest ethnic group[1] and giving Canada the world's third-largest Ukrainian population behind Ukraine itself and Russia."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Canadians

"Though it is believed that Ukrainians began arriving in North America since European exploration of the continent, there are no records of arrival for this earlier period. The first recorded Ukrainian settlers arrived in Canada in 1891 when two immigrants, Vasyl Eleniak and Ivan Pylypiw, from the Galicia province of the Austro-Hungarian Empire landed in Montreal. Within the years that followed, tens of thousands of Ukrainians arrived in Canada. Most Ukrainian immigrants of this period were identified on government records as arriving from their respective provinces in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, as Poles, Russians, or Austrians."

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discov...ukrainian.aspx

Last edited by erasure; 12-01-2019 at 05:11 PM..

Old 12-01-2019, 05:09 PM

I found this little tidbit recently. Turkeynobs church in Kiev. These people are highly organized.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...-gap-for-peace

Old 12-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I found this little tidbit recently. Turkeynobs church in Kiev. These people are highly organized.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...-gap-for-peace

Yeah-yeah-yeah, that "fight for freedom."
( Or so American media was insisting back then.))

Old 12-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
A LOT of them in Canada, the Western Ukrainians at that.
Around here too. I go to several different eastern Eurpean type stores and I have noticed signs that have the colors of Right Sector and Ukraine, some Polish and the old Belorussian flag which is red bars on a white field. I remember the drama not too long ago about the church too.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Around here too. I go to several different eastern Eurpean type stores and I have noticed signs that have the colors of Right Sector and Ukraine, some Polish and the old Belorussian flag which is red bars on a white field. I remember the drama not too long ago about the church too.

What "church drama?"

(The "Right Sector" crap should be outlawed in US if you ask me, but locals are simply unaware I'd guess..)

Old 12-01-2019, 05:47 PM

Where they tried to split the Ukrainian church from Moscow or something. 2017?

Old 12-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Where they tried to split the Ukrainian church from Moscow or something. 2017?

Oh that...
Yeah, Americans made sure of that ( going to Constantinople's Patriarch and so on.)
The unity of ( common with Russia) Orthodox Church has been targeted by them of course ( with Poroshenko being in the midst of it all,) but this split brought the new splits within new Ukrainian Orthodox Church itself.

So the last I've heard is actually that ROMAN POPE ( whatever his name now is,) is getting close with the Russian Metropolit ( Kirill?) and Poroshenko is trying to interfere there, asking for a meeting with the Pope, but he of course is rejecting it, since Poroshenko is not a head of any state any longer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe