Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Advertisements

Does Sweden have anti-discrimination laws in place regarding hiring for jobs, and treatment in the workplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete;
racist attacks are very isolated incidents,
Racism isn't just about attacks or insults. Most manifestations of racism are more subtle.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:19 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does Sweden have anti-discrimination laws in place regarding hiring for jobs, and treatment in the workplace?
Yes, just like every other country in the EU.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:

Racism isn't just about attacks or insults.
What does Sweden NOT have quotas for? Listed companies even have quotas, mostly regarding females. I'm also quite certain that if a crime has racist motivations, the sentence is tougher than in "normal" cases.

I know, but I had to keep my post reasonably short. Of course everyday racism can be almost anything, I know.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:39 PM

271 posts, read 369,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What does Sweden NOT have quotas for? Listed companies even have quotas, mostly regarding females. I'm also quite certain that if a crime has racist motivations, the sentence is tougher than in "normal" cases.

I know, but I had to keep my post reasonably short. Of course everyday racism can be almost anything, I know.
What does racism mean? I don’t get it?

Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 PM

788 posts, read 1,249,597 times
Quote:
Racism isn't just about attacks or insults. Most manifestations of racism are more subtle.
Here's the thing. Racism GOES BOTH WAYS. But people always seem to think that racism is about big bad middle aged white people. The OP is the real racist here by automatically assuming he will encounter racism.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndRugby View Post
Here's the thing. Racism GOES BOTH WAYS. But people always seem to think that racism is about big bad middle aged white people. The OP is the real racist here by automatically assuming he will encounter racism.
The idea with the post-liberal mentality is always to feel sorry for people of color. For these new types of liberals – a person of color could never do harm. Never mind that their colored “pet-president” in Washington is killing brown people by the hundreds every God dame day. Never mind he has his pockets full of bank-notes from Wall Street. A person of color can never do wrong they tell themselves – because they are a minority and their godness sits in their skin. What these liberals don’t understand is that the vast majority of people in this world are brown, yellow and black and not white. If there would be twice as many *******s among white people there still would be many times more wrongdoers among colored. Racism is a non-issue in Sweden but apparently not among liberals who see “structural racism” and “post-colonialism” behind every corner.

Last edited by Sconesforme; 07-19-2014 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-19-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconesforme View Post
That is because these liberals think that blacks because of being black are always good.
I could not agree more. Those same liberals also believe that white people, especially white heterosexual middle aged males, cannot be subject to racism.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I could not agree more. Those same liberals also believe that white people, especially white heterosexual middle aged males, cannot be subject to racism.
Yeah, it is insanity. It does not matter if you show them that colored are overrepresented in crime directed at whites they would still call white people racists. What they hate the most is “straight middle-aged white males”. Apparently, they have all the power in western societies and therefore they need to be replaced by themselves - which is white feminist women. You never see these liberals socialize with people of color. For them, they are just their pets or their side-kicks. When a white man marries an Asian or a black woman he is exploiting her, as he was some kind of sex-buyer and she was a prostitute. The worst chauvinists in Europe are this new brand of liberals.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconesforme View Post
The worst chauvinists in Europe are this new brand of liberals.
Even worse, they are actually causing and creating racism by treating whites as inferior and saying out loud that non whites are superior. The problem we have in Holland is that those who call "diversity" a good things are the ones living in pure white areas and never encounter the problems that those who live in lesser neighbourhoods encounter.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Even worse, they are actually causing and creating racism by treating whites as inferior and saying out loud that non whites are superior. The problem we have in Holland is that those who call "diversity" a good things are the ones living in pure white areas and never encounter the problems that those who live in lesser neighbourhoods encounter.
It is the same thing in Sweden. Under the annual political week in Gotland, the Green Party leader called for discrimination of white men in the name of “tolerance”. If whiteness is so bad why did she have children with her white husband? It always the wealthy liberals who live in segregated suburbs or expensive downtowns that hold the worst political views. They are, as you say constantly, normalize racism and create hostility between the people indigenous of Europe and the immigrants from third world countries. In Netherlands they constantly try to put Geert Wilders behind bars but arguing against him, as you would expect from a liberal democracy they do not. With mass-unemployment, social unrest, ethnic ghettos and rising crime one would expect that European politicians may not want spill more gas on the fire but they do the opposite. About 25 percent of the European Parliament is now hostile to the European Union still the EPP, S&D and ALDE gave themselves all the chairman-seats in the committees and voted for Jean-Claude Juncker as President of the European Commission. As they said: They did it for liberalism and tolerance just as they will put people in jail for voicing slight criticism of the governance of European Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe