Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 01:56 PM

204 posts, read 317,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
This would of course not happen in the US if a white man went into a black are trying to get a date?
Good point.

Compared to the rest of the World, Sweden is too liberal/friendly to outsiders.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:48 PM

424 posts, read 594,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
This would of course not happen in the US if a white man went into a black are trying to get a date?
It likely wouldn't, mostly because it's so unusual you'd be met with more surprise than hostility. A lot of black girls are down for the swirl depending on the guy, in my experience.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quit worrying, most people in the world are respectful and tolerant... a couple swedish dudes ranting about muslims and gypsys on the internet doesnt mean it is a racist country.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 PM

251 posts, read 396,717 times
They're not a racist country, but immigrants sure are causing too much trouble there. So many rapes and murders.

And they're letting too many people in. Israel for example dumped all their african refugees in Sweden with the Swedish government's permission because they don't want multiculturalism. You can't blame the native people for being upset.

Last edited by mrcricket300; 05-04-2014 at 07:22 PM..

Old 05-04-2014, 08:37 PM

326 posts, read 471,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHardy View Post
Hey guys, so I've currently learning Svenska / Norska. I done I bit of digging, trying to find out more about the culture and was really shocked at what I found. It's pretty late here and I'm tired so I can't provide sources (plus there were a crap ton), but a quick Google search should be enough to find .

Anyway, I was hoping to one day visit Sweden for a summer (to explore, date and have a good time) in a year or two when I'm 21 or 22 (currently 19). However, now I don't think it's a such a good idea, considering I don't know how I'd be treated (I'm African American).

Also, how are African Americans perceived in other Scandinavian countries, particularly Norway?

Side question: It's pretty common to see interracial dating here in the US between blacks, whites, and many other races; is it frowned upon those countries?

Thanks for any answers!
Americans, especially African Americans, are scared into not going to certain European countries because of their 95%+ white population. You won't have any race issues in Norway/Sweden. If anything, they are more racially tolerant than the US by a mile. To top it off, racial profiling is basically non-existent, unlike in the US. All nordic countries strongly believe in equality of literally everything, race, religion, income, status, achievement, sex.. literally everything so you can imagine how much race will make a difference to how they treat you (none). the only people they frown upon are people that brag about themselves, show off. Swedish/Norwegian chicks won't be as impressed by your American nationality as chicks would in other European countries.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:40 PM

334 posts, read 438,843 times
Swedes do not like to talk to strangers unlike most Americans where it is common to smile, wave hands when you walk and a car passing by in the area, keep doors open, say "thank you" this and that. Indeed, most Europeans are like the Swedes. For example in Sweden and most of Europe, it is rare talking to the person next to you while waiting in line (queue) or sitting next to the person on the bus/train/chair/bench.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHardy View Post

Also, there are a few racist comments from this video:

A CLASSIC SWEDISH DATE - YouTube

I read a few other things too.
So, they have awkward hugs in the morning, go on dull dates, talk with their mouth full and complain about the weather..........
Now, please explain what was racist in this video? Cos i watched it twice and couldn't find any racist comment.

Oooh wait, it's a racist black guy, making fun of swedish culture

Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Is the low-cut T-shirt on the guy a Swedish thing, or is that the fashion for men in other parts of Europe as well?

Old 05-04-2014, 11:03 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is the low-cut T-shirt on the guy a Swedish thing, or is that the fashion for men in other parts of Europe as well?
It is fashion for man in most parts of Europe You like it?

Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
It is fashion for man in most parts of Europe You like it?
No. It looks like he's wearing a woman's shirt, almost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe