Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 05:05 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
I haven't been to Sweden but I have some Swedish friends and one day we were talking about problems at the airports (US customs and passport mistakes), I was shocked when one of them told me "I never have any problem with my passport and I am never mistaken with anyone because I am blonde and have blue eyes" So I can go anywhere easily.

This guy is usually kind and he doesn't say such these things, but he wasn't joke and he told me this as a natural comment.
And? What's your point? Are you really serious that US customs won't go easier on a blue-eyed Swede than on a dark Arab?

Yes, being white, blue-eyed and preferrably blonde will cause you less problems sometimes, especially in the west. But, also, in Spanish tourist resorts you will be harassed by all kind of scammers, people wanting you to visit their nightclub etc............

Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcricket300 View Post
They're not a racist country, but immigrants sure are causing too much trouble there. So many rapes and murders.

And they're letting too many people in. Israel for example dumped all their african refugees in Sweden with the Swedish government's permission because they don't want multiculturalism. You can't blame the native people for being upset.
I have yet to see this happen. It was a lie that was spread amongst the nationalist news blogs.
Also it is not a crime as you claim to have a negative views about immigration, only hate speech is a crime.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:06 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,080,580 times
And now will come the Indian guy that wants to meet a Swedish girl..

Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And? What's your point? Are you really serious that US customs won't go easier on a blue-eyed Swede than on a dark Arab?

Yes, being white, blue-eyed and preferrably blonde will cause you less problems sometimes, especially in the west. But, also, in Spanish tourist resorts you will be harassed by all kind of scammers, people wanting you to visit their nightclub etc............
My point is that I found that comment nonsense. And although that guy is not usually xenophobic or he doesn't look like that, that time shocked me and I found it rude, as if criminals were never blondies... For me he sounded very weird that time.
The conversation was about me and this guy, any arab involved.

I've neved had that problem in Hotel Resorts... who are those scammers, Spanish people?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
My point is that I found that comment nonsense. And although that guy is not usually xenophobic or he doesn't look like that, that time shocked me and I found it rude, as if criminals were never blondies... For me he sounded very weird that time.
The conversation was about me and this guy, any arab involved.

I've neved had that problem in Hotel Resorts... who are those scammers, Spanish people?
Yes, people standing on the street, handing out fliers and trying to get you to visit their nightclub.

And it's not xenophobic to say such a thing, it's just a fact in many places. Some people are racist or go very deeply by stereotypes (like here on C-D). It's just how it is.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes, people standing on the street, handing out fliers and trying to get you to visit their nightclub.

And it's not xenophobic to say such a thing, it's just a fact in many places. Some people are racist or go very deeply by stereotypes (like here on C-D). It's just how it is.
First news about this. Maybe they go to foreigners or potential customers, the same as it happens in Thailand.

And about the previous fact, I still find it unpolite, it is like if I say to my half moroccan friend: "Linda they suspect about you because you have an arab first surname" it can be true but not nice to tell her. Cultural differences these opinions.

PS. I don't really know what is the point about people delivering propaganda about night pubs in this threads. If you all mean average night pubs or restaurants, that happens in many countries.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:02 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,080,580 times
In low class resorts specialized in drunks (Salou, Lloret) drunk tourists are offered brochures, offers, etc..and yes, but not harassed at all.

Race does not matter much, since most of those groups are just bunch of drunks belonging to many ethnicities. Recently, a few days ago, Calella de Palafrugell, in Costa Brava, received a large package of "Spring Breakers" from France. That was a big scandal since Calella is a family destination.

Most of the Spring Breakers were North Africans living in France, and such is the case in many of those binge packages from UK, Germany or France.

Crimes here, sexual assaults, pickpockets, are committed by southeastern slavics...mainly gypsies, moldavan, bosnian, etc. In fact, whiter than most American.

Last edited by Miserere; 05-05-2014 at 07:13 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM

595 posts, read 720,000 times
Sweden? Seriously?

Old 05-05-2014, 04:30 PM

43 posts, read 161,228 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZWsZyShR_s

Sweden has become one of the most RACIST new states of the EU, TOTALLY ignorant BS and one funny example is how they also deal with their PARANOIA Cannabis, they carried out this propaganda campaign against Cannabis for ages, teach this in schools from what i understand, a cop from sweden claimed he became schizophrenic, that he was suddengly un aware he was happy one moment and the next Normal, ok. i get the picture about the weather there now.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:55 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 933,401 times
Swedes are more quiet with their racism.

It was not too long ago when Stockholm profiled non-ethnic Swedish citizens over Ids in the metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe