Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 02:14 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,620,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post

As for Crimea, well... Russians will somewhat improve the living conditions and infrastructure, but the world probably will not recognize Crimea as part of Russia. So on most maps it will be still shown as a Ukrainian territory.
You're talking nonsense. Not recognize the Crimea is the same as not recognize the existence of Russia.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post

Personally, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a future fully democratic Russia requests to join the EU and/or NATO sometime in the late 21st or in the 22nd century; in such a scenario, the EU and/or NATO will probably demand that Russia will hold a referendum on Crimea's sovereignty as one condition for joining the EU and/or NATO (I doubt that any Russian leadership which is not facing severe economic problems will give up Crimea without a referendum being held there beforehand). I am not 100% sure how such a referendum will go, though I am tempted to think that Russia will win such a referendum (I am not going to guess on Russia's victory margin in such a referendum, though, at least, not yet).
No, Russia's accession to NATO that will never happen, and after 1000 years.NATO membership is a means to lose sovereignty of the country.For this reason, the Crimea will be part of Russia. Since it was 24 years ago.Why Russian disconnect Russian territory?
Crimea from 54 to 1990 years old Ukrainian was only formally. Since Ukraine and Russia it was one country. But no one wanted to give Crimea another country.
Naive to believe that EU membership is worth even a small piece of land.
EU membership is beneficial for more than the EU itself. As for Russia, Russia have and will be the expanded internal market and eastern connections that are more promising than the EU.
Here is a simple example project Mistral ( Russia - France) .For France, the project almost 1.200 a billion is a prospect . For Russia, the two ships for helicopter aviation , no .I do not understand why Putin - Mistral project not canceled . But apparently France cancels itself . As for Russia and for fleet will be a big plus. Since this project is questionable and not worth the cost . Since this money can build 6 ships with the best nautical and technical qualities in South Korea. Or is it better to invest in the Russian Far Eastern factories ( in which half of the construction project).

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-22-2014 at 02:42 AM..

Old 03-22-2014, 02:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
You're talking nonsense. Not recognize the Crimea is the same as not recognize the existence of Russia.
It will have the same status as Transnistria and South Ossetia... I doubt that the West will print maps on which Crimea belongs to Russia anytime soon...

And in the end it will just be a heavily militarized peninsula nobody cares about... Neither Russia nor the West.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:17 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
Western bullies may scream as loud as they want, Crimea nevertheless is part of Russia now, and nothing -save an all out war probably nuclear- shall change that fact.
Of course the Media peopaganda machine will soldier on brainwashing the Western mind into believing the "annexation" (as they say) is unlawful, to no avail.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
It will have the same status as Transnistria and South Ossetia... I doubt that the West will print maps on which Crimea belongs to Russia anytime soon...

And in the end it will just be a heavily militarized peninsula nobody cares about... Neither Russia nor the West.
You probably do not know that the Crimea is already incorporated into Russia? We do not need recognition. It is part of Russia's official! Kosovo has been recognized after 90 days of bombing. Why do not they want to accept the Crimea, which peacefully joined?

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-22-2014 at 04:05 AM..

Old 03-22-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Western bullies may scream as loud as they want, Crimea nevertheless is part of Russia now, and nothing -save an all out war probably nuclear- shall change that fact.
Of course the Media peopaganda machine will soldier on brainwashing the Western mind into believing the "annexation" (as they say) is unlawful, to no avail.
I agree with you! Why they are so concerned about Ukraine and Russia? What about Venice and Scotland, why not from the EU and the United States cares about them?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:08 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
I agree with you! Why they are so concerned about Ukraine and Russia? What about Venice and Scotland, why not from the EU and the United States cares about them?
The referendum in Veneto was a joke nobody took seriously.

If the referendum in Crimea would have been like the one that is planned in Scotland, I doubt that anybody would have complained. You know, like actual political debates, no military occupation by a third party, fair voting and stuff like that...

Believe me, if the British army would just occupy the Scottish parliament, disband it and say "well, there won't be a referendum", there would be a huge outcry.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:10 AM

435 posts, read 421,034 times
I will try and to make the forecast.
1 . First of all geography: The Crimea while is the same dark stain on the card as the Gaza Strip for the world (it doesn't belong neither Ukraine nor Russia). Thus this status remains to "the unrecognized territory" with the Crimea forever (if there is no something radical).
2 . Then there will be an economy:
2.1 . Introduction of a zone of Russian "ruble" is only the theory. Upon new the parliament of the Crimea (as well as parliament of Russia) has no normal economic plan here. They already delivered a lot of currency "ruble" to the Crimea to replace it with hryvnia.... change at the rate of 3.8 rubles for 1 hryvnia. BUT it is the Ukrainian course, and the prices in the Crimea will be already RUSSIAN (they are higher than the Ukrainian analogs for 30-40% for products and komunnalny payments). It means that inhabitants of the Crimea will have income in the translation at the Ukrainian course, and the prices - already Russian.
They yet didn't understand that actually lose 30-40% of the income.
2.2 . All know that inhabitants of the Crimea live in the basic due to tourism. For 80% of inhabitants of the Crimea at least it means that they receive cash for that that lease the houses. They don't pay taxes, and this income doesn't go to the country budget generally.
Now the new law of Russia forbids them to lease the houses without the permission of local parliament. It means that at best inhabitants of the Crimea will pay a huge profit tax from rent, and at worst (which for me more probable) they won't lease the house in general... and permission to it will be had by only big hotels on the coast.
It means that inhabitants of the Crimea will receive at best 50% of the former income, in the worst - won't receive in general and will live only on social payments.
2.3 . Providing with island resources: our parliament already officially develops new tariffs for resources for inhabitants of the Crimea. They will be much more because the Crimea doesn't belong now to Ukraine and inhabitants of the Crimea will pay market price for water, gas and other important resources. It too at least +50% for payment of resources for life of each inhabitant of the Crimea.
On former low tariffs only those inhabitants of the Crimea who remain citizens of Ukraine will pay.
Already I read projects about construction of power plants on water for the Crimea - I laughed: )
2.4 . Deliveries of products to the island: inhabitants of the Crimea already have rise in prices for the main products of 15-20% because military of Russia don't pass the car from the continent of Ukraine to the Crimea. Further the price will grow with very big speed - mister Putin and his friends didn't submit the plan of providing with products of the Crimea (after all while they didn't manage to take the South of Ukraine to have communication with the continent).
Probably inhabitants of the Crimea think that to them will carry products across the Black Sea: )) For those who doesn't know, it 10 times more expensive than to carry by land.
3 . Ecology: I already wrote earlier that there is a construction project of nuclear power plant to Shchelkovo (to be exact completion of its construction which was stopped because of the increased danger to inhabitants of the island). Despite all danger Russians intend to finish it. Especially as inhabitants need "to be provided with electricity"
4 . We won't forget about service in the Russian army for men. Patriotic Russian euphoria at mothers/wives of the Crimea will pass in a month I think, a claw their sons/husbands will be called up for the Russian military service.
And Aksenov even doesn't hide it: he publicly declared that all will serve, and certainly not only in the Crimea, but also on all the territory of Russia.
And if to consider that that Putin threw now many military to Ukraine how you think dear inhabitants of the Crimea who to him compensates number of military in Russia? Certainly your husbands and sons.
They will serve both in Siberia, and in the Caucasus. It is possible to Chechnya and Dagestan if there is a wish for an extreme (there even service under the contract). And your mothers/wives will have after our death pension in 40 dollars.
5 . And certainly ethnic party of a question: The new parliament of the Crimea was so silly that declared the head of Majlis Dzhemilev the person "non grata" in the Crimea. Mister Aksenov, you that the absolutely stupid? You haven't enough problems with Tatars who almost unanimously don't support Russia, so you do a situation even worse and aggravate the conflict?
If Aksenov continue in the same direction, he will receive guerrilla war with Muslims in the Crimea in some weeks.

Last edited by From Ukraine; 03-22-2014 at 04:38 AM..

Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
The referendum in Veneto was joke nobody took seriously.

If the referendum in Crimea would have been like the one that is planned in Scotland, I doubt that anybody would have complained. You know, like actual political debates, no military occupation by a third party, fair voting and stuff like that...
Yes, I understand that concerns Venice.
Occupation was not on the part of Russia. Where were you when the bomb Kosovo, then you have all recognized the secession of Kosovo! So you accept persons.
Democracy works only when tons of bombs falling from the sky?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:16 AM

From Ukraine,your words, as always there is not even a grain of truth. Only fictional nonsense.I gave to argue with you do not want and will not, since time is the best judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe