Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:38 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times

Advertisements

What do all of you here think the future of Crimea will be, including after Putin leaves office and/or dies and after Russia becomes fully democratic (with serious political competition, et cetera)?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
The real question is: What the hell will happen to Kazantip?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Why exactly would anything happen to it?

After all, is Russia against this electronic dance music festival, or what?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:33 PM

326 posts, read 673,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So funny. Exactly that question was on my mind the other day :-)

Old 03-21-2014, 06:42 PM

26,794 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
What do all of you here think the future of Crimea will be, including after Putin leaves office and/or dies and after Russia becomes fully democratic (with serious political competition, et cetera)?
Putin can't die by definition, because he is the Koschei the Deathless.
And Koschei the Deathless as we all know "cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. "

Koschei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My bet is that the egg is hidden somewhere in the secret volt in Swiss bank, so start looking.

P.S. Once you find the egg and Putin begins to weaken, becomes sick and looses his magic, then everyone can dance at Kazantip.

The end.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,620,868 times
Quote:
Will develop. what should happen to him? Russia has officially annexed the Crimea and ratified treaties affiliation. Over the past 24 years the region has not developed (only extorted money from the region). Ukrainian authorities have just scooped more resources times USSR ago. Now projects are being developed to equip the region. new hydroelectric Kuban, which will also provide power to the peninsula. developed projects on the construction of a bridge or underwater tunnel to connect the peninsula with the mainland Russia. Already there is a reconstruction and restoration naval school. Will be modernized all military facilities Soviet times. Crimea has always been a strategic component for Russia . as he will always be the future!

Old 03-21-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Will develop. what should happen to him? Russia has officially annexed the Crimea and ratified treaties affiliation. Over the past 24 years the region has not developed (only extorted money from the region). Ukrainian authorities have just scooped more resources times USSR ago. Now projects are being developed to equip the region. new hydroelectric Kuban, which will also provide power to the peninsula. developed projects on the construction of a bridge or underwater tunnel to connect the peninsula with the mainland Russia. Already there is a reconstruction and restoration naval school. Will be modernized all military facilities Soviet times. Crimea has always been a strategic component for Russia . as he will always be the future!
I really hope that your prediction in regards to this will be correct.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:28 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,299,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Putin can't die by definition, because he is the Koschei the Deathless.
And Koschei the Deathless as we all know "cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. "

Koschei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My bet is that the egg is hidden somewhere in the secret volt in Swiss bank, so start looking.

P.S. Once you find the egg and Putin begins to weaken, becomes sick and looses his magic, then everyone can dance at Kazantip.

The end.
What is this? The Myth and and New Age Spirituality Forum?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:15 AM

667 posts, read 941,086 times
Quote:
Well, both Putin's parents died at almost 90, so he has good genes. Besides, he leads a healthy way of life (he's not a smoker or a drinker) and the best medical care is available for him... so he can live really long! Enough for a few more presidential terms and a few more annexations of Ex-Soviet lands

As for Crimea, well... Russians will somewhat improve the living conditions and infrastructure, but the world probably will not recognize Crimea as part of Russia. So on most maps it will be still shown as a Ukrainian territory.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
1. Well, both Putin's parents died at almost 90, so he has good genes. Besides, he leads a healthy way of life (he's not a smoker or a drinker) and the best medical care is available for him... so he can live really long! Enough for a few more presidential terms

2. and a few more annexations of Ex-Soviet lands

3. As for Crimea, well... Russians will somewhat improve the living conditions and infrastructure, but the world probably will not recognize Crimea as part of Russia. So on most maps it will be still shown as a Ukrainian territory.
1. Yeah, I agree that Putin has decent chances of living and ruling for a long time. Honestly, I probably expect him to pass away sometime between 2030 and 2050, as well as for him to rule Russia until his death or until his health no longer permits it (Yes, few people saw the Arab Spring coming, though I still don't think (at least, not yet) that Russia will endure something similar to the Arab Spring within Putin's lifetime).

2. I am skeptical that Putin will try annexing any more former Soviet lands. Why? Well, Putin might not want Western (especially European) sanctions on Russia to get too severe, and I am not sure that any other ex-Soviet lands have the same value and meaning to Russia as Crimea does.

3. OK, but what about in the longer-run, after Putin's death and/or retirement?

Personally, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a future fully democratic Russia requests to join the EU and/or NATO sometime in the late 21st or in the 22nd century; in such a scenario, the EU and/or NATO will probably demand that Russia will hold a referendum on Crimea's sovereignty as one condition for joining the EU and/or NATO (I doubt that any Russian leadership which is not facing severe economic problems will give up Crimea without a referendum being held there beforehand). I am not 100% sure how such a referendum will go, though I am tempted to think that Russia will win such a referendum (I am not going to guess on Russia's victory margin in such a referendum, though, at least, not yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe