Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Yes, I understand that concerns Venice.
Occupation was not on the part of Russia. Where were you when the bomb Kosovo, then you have all recognized the secession of Kosovo! So you accept persons.
Democracy works only when tons of bombs falling from the sky?
1. Kosovo has nothing to do with Crimea.
2. Crimea was/is occupied by Russia.

I would have supported a referendum, if there were OECD observers (including Russians, some people from EU member states and Turkey) instead of armed Russian soldiers, western standards for the vote itself (envelopes, no see-through containers, an electorate register, ...) and political discussions over the status of Crimea with Kyiv.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:24 AM

435 posts, read 420,629 times
Quote:
Kosovo has been recognized after 90 days of bombing. Why do not they want to accept the Crimea, which peacefully joined?
1 . In Kosovo joining to other state didn't want, they demanded independence.
2 . Independence of Kosovo was recognized only in 10 years.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,617,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
1. Kosovo has nothing to do with Crimea.
2. Crimea was/is occupied by Russia.

I would have supported a referendum, if there were OECD observers (including Russians, some people from EU member states and Turkey) instead of armed Russian soldiers, western standards for the vote itself (envelopes, no see-through containers, an electorate register, ...) and political discussions over the status of Crimea with Kyiv.
firstly Kosovo has a direct resemblance to the situation, the difference is that we have not showered bombs 90 days. Do not you know about the observers from 22 countries? and more than 1,000 Russian and 600 journalists from foreign countries including the EU? People voted voluntarily! Stop reading the tabloids! You will find on the internet video where each observer from 22 countries had the opportunity to talk about the quality of the referendum.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
1 . In Kosovo joining to other state didn't want, they demanded independence.
2 . Independence of Kosovo was recognized only in 10 years.
You ask if they wanted to separate them or not!Kosovo was forcibly separated. As well as destroyed the economy, the mass of the people and the country itself.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:29 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
viribusunitis says "the West will not print maps". Wow! this is a big problem! (lol) I guess because of that thjreat the Crimeans will ask to go back to Ukriane! (re-lol)
Let's be serious a minute :
- Morocco has annexed most of Western Sahara, nobody gives a damn , even if "maps aren't printed" (!!!)
- Israel has annexed the Golan Heights, the Shebaâ farms in Lebanon, East Jerusalem and parts of the West Banks; however most maps doesn't take this fact into accont ; does it change anything on the ground?
- China has annexed the Aksai Chin region in the Himalaya, nobody outside of India cares
And I could go on and on (a special mention to Kosovo which is not even recognized by half the members of UNO).

Old 03-22-2014, 04:32 AM

435 posts, read 420,629 times
Quote:
From Ukraine,your words, as always there is not even a grain of truth. Only fictional nonsense.I gave to argue with you do not want and will not, since time is the best judge.
At me a request to you not to make comments on my posts if you don't have anything constructive except blind and poor chauvinism. I was bothered by your demagogy which you can't confirm with any fact.
I declare you the person "non grata" for my posts: )

Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
At me a request to you not to make comments on my posts if you don't have anything constructive except blind and poor chauvinism. I was bothered by your demagogy which you can't confirm with any fact.
I declare you the person "non grata" for my posts: )
You provide fact? You just write fiction out of my head! You invent imaginary laws and history.I am guided by the history and geopolitics USA. not my fault that you do not know is not the first not the second.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:38 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times
Quote:
firstly Kosovo has a direct resemblance to the situation, the difference is that we have not showered bombs 90 days. Do not you know about the observers from 22 countries? and more than 1,000 Russian and 600 journalists from foreign countries including the EU? People voted voluntarily! Stop reading the tabloids! You will find on the internet video where each observer from 22 countries had the opportunity to talk about the quality of the referendum.
Not sure about which observers from 22 countries you are talking? The ones that were denied entry to Crimea by Russian troops (OECD) or the delegation of neo-fascist parties?

Journalists in Crimea get threatened every day, so what's your point here?

And once again: Kosovo has nothing to do with Crimea. Well, besides the fact that both countries held something that vaguely resembles a referendum... The reasons and the circumstances under which it was held were completely different.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Not sure about which observers from 22 countries you are talking? The ones that were denied entry to Crimea by Russian troops (OECD) or the delegation of neo-fascist parties?

Journalists in Crimea get threatened every day, so what's your point here?

And once again: Kosovo has nothing to do with Crimea. Well, besides the fact that both countries held something that vaguely resembles a referendum... The reasons and the circumstances under which it was held were completely different.
How so? Foreign country bombed Yugoslavia to break it. Who asked the central government to divide the country? ITS forcibly torn.

The vote in the Crimea is followed by about 100 observers from various countries. In the republic was attended by representatives of Poland, Austria, France, Germany, Italy - it MEPs and members of national parliaments of European countries
Международные наблюдатели следят за ходом референдума в Крыму. ВИДЕО - Телеканал «Звезда»

Video as they say the camera you'll find on Russian news channel 24

Old 03-22-2014, 04:55 AM

Пресс-конференция международных наблюдателей на референдуме в Крыму — на Яндекс.Видео
Press conference of international observers.

Stop reading second-grade yellow press!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe