Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
How long can Russia afford to give away oil for free? We're about to find out.
How long can US afford to give away oil for free? We're about to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Zimogor, number one - this English translation is unreadable, sorry, ( for me at least.)
Sorry, in next time I will try to do better.

Quote:
Number two - regarding all these "great historic revelations"; they sound rather sensational, but not substantial enough.
So I checked on the source of the origin of the whole "Ivan the Terrible killed his son" story.
It belongs to someone named Antonio Possevino - a Jesuit and Papal diplomat who was on visit to Moscow.

He learned about the death of Ivan's son ( or rather that it was his father who killed him) as a rumor, that came to him through certain channels ( you can read all the details here.)

And as much as this version is contested in the text, I would say that being put in a context of who/what Ivan the Terrible was, the whole event sounds very credible to me.

After all, these kind of rumors don't pop up for nothing.
Dear erasure,
Rumor has it that Trump is Putin's agent.
After all, these kind of rumors don't pop up for nothing. Right?

Quote:
Likewise, the short cartoon Maxim posted here - I am with him, it made me laugh.

As much as it was a parody basically, it depicted very well certain type of Russians ( in the same manner as Shnurov does it.)

Those images ( and stereotypes) don't come out of nowhere, but when you know better, when you know that there is more to Russia ( and Russians) than this stereotype, when you feel confident and secure about it as Maxim does, then that's what you do - you laugh about it.
I will be happy to laugh at our complexes and stereotypes about us if this is really funny.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:45 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
How long can US afford to give away oil for free? We're about to find out.
The US government does not collect hardly any revenue from oil at all, so this is a small problem for the US. Russian Federation collects 40% its revenue from oil. I think this was a temporary glitch, and prices will return to positive tomorrow but this is still an interesting development.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The US government does not collect hardly any revenue from oil at all, so this is a small problem for the US. Russian Federation collects 40% its revenue from oil. I think this was a temporary glitch, and prices will return to positive tomorrow but this is still an interesting development.
You are naive DKM. Yes, the US government does not directly receive revenues from the sale of oil. But the government and individual states receive tax revenues from oil companies. A couple of months of such prices and in the US there will be no one to extract oil.

And where then will the government and the states collect taxes, tell me? Plus, it’s no secret that American oil companies have received too many loans. And they already take loans not for the development of production, but for the repayment of previously taken loans. And who will give to banks this money?
But the FED will not let banks and exchanges die. These are the pillars of the American economy. She will take and additionally print another 5-10-20 trillion dollars, as she has already done more than once, and pour this unsecured money into banks.

P.S. I found information that the share of hydrocarbons in US exports is 12% ( about 200 billion dollars). That is, theoretically, the US can lose these 200 billion from exports if everything goes wrong.

Last edited by Zimogor; 04-20-2020 at 09:45 PM..

Old 04-21-2020, 08:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
T-14 Armata is in Syria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1DVpQ1FByw

Old 04-21-2020, 08:22 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Happy Easter to you - genuine question, why is Easter celebrated 'over there' a week later than it's celebrated elsewhere?
The truth be told is Russians cheat. Because they keep the Julian calendar they get 2 easters and Christmas, New Years holidays.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
You are naive DKM. Yes, the US government does not directly receive revenues from the sale of oil. But the government and individual states receive tax revenues from oil companies. A couple of months of such prices and in the US there will be no one to extract oil.

And where then will the government and the states collect taxes, tell me? Plus, it’s no secret that American oil companies have received too many loans. And they already take loans not for the development of production, but for the repayment of previously taken loans. And who will give to banks this money?
But the FED will not let banks and exchanges die. These are the pillars of the American economy. She will take and additionally print another 5-10-20 trillion dollars, as she has already done more than once, and pour this unsecured money into banks.

P.S. I found information that the share of hydrocarbons in US exports is 12% ( about 200 billion dollars). That is, theoretically, the US can lose these 200 billion from exports if everything goes wrong.
the government takes most of its taxes from income here. Oil companies enjoy special tax favors so that they hardly pay any tax at all, even in the good years. So no, our government will not receive less revenue as a result of oil prices crashing. Yes a little bit on the less work so less income to tax, but a very small amount. Russia on the other hand taxes an enormous amount of royalties tax from Russian oil producers.

Oil companies don't get most of their loans from banks. It comes from global investors into their bonds, and they will lose a lot of money. There will be some bankruptcies due to oil, but its a small fraction of our GDP. And your numbers at the end are wrong, pushed by whatever wishful source you are using. The pain is coming for all oil producers, the only question is how much and for how long.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:14 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
T-14 Armata is in Syria.
It doesn't really matter how well or not this prototype does as it will never be produced in numbers that will change anything.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:48 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
How long can Russia afford to give away oil for free? We're about to find out.

Why are you so interested, DKM, you are in a hurry to report to your Nazi friends in Ukraine when Russia is finally going to *collapse*?
( We know they've been waiting for that already for long-long time))))

Old 04-21-2020, 01:57 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Sorry, in next time I will try to do better.

How?
That's how the *automatic translators" work for anything more complex than couple of sentences, so not your fault.

Quote:
Dear erasure,
Rumor has it that Trump is Putin's agent.
After all, these kind of rumors don't pop up for nothing. Right?
Right.
Those rumors don't pop up for nothing.

And it's not because Trump is "Putin's agent" - that's an exaggeration of course, but if Trump would have had a free hand, he'd be cooperation with Putin very closely, and for good reasons - I have no doubt about that.

Quote:
I will be happy to laugh at our complexes and stereotypes about us if this is really funny.
Sure, it's always a matter of personal taste - who finds what funny.

I, for one, find that a lot of stuff Shnurov produces is full his personal bile, and only some of it - genuinely funny and sometimes brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe