Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 11:47 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Except for it was not a hurricane, but the result of incompetence - the kind Maxim was talking about, that takes its roots in Soviet times.

But on a brighter note - Happy Victory Day!
And you look at the photo carefully.
Torn off the ground pillars of the fence, torn pieces of roofing .. What is it like not a hurricane?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those houses in the photo fell apart without any hurricane or earthquake.
Maybe it's best not to build a lot of modern wooden houses in Russia. The forests would disappear, if such houses became popular. What I see is mostly brick houses being built. I hope Russians build better with brick than with wood.
Just like we are running out of sand as cement is used to build houses, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And you look at the photo carefully.
Torn off the ground pillars of the fence, torn pieces of roofing .. What is it like not a hurricane?
Drunk amateur workers.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:23 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Just like we are running out of sand as cement is used to build houses, right?

Drunk amateur workers.
Drunken amateur workers built twin houses? Stupidity.
This is a very cheap apartment, someone decided to save a lot.

In general, the houses are poor, there is almost no such technology, and frame houses for normal housing are not considered.
In principle, 90% of this stone construction. Aerated concrete, warm ceramics, slag concrete. Facing is either textured plaster. Or clinker facing brick, rarely vinyl siding.
From a tree it is fashionable to build baths, from logs and country summer houses.
Prefabricated houses, mostly suburban houses of a lower price segment.null

Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Drunken amateur workers built twin houses? Stupidity.
This is a very cheap apartment, someone decided to save a lot.

In general, the houses are poor, there is almost no such technology, and frame houses for normal housing are not considered.
In principle, 90% of this stone construction. Aerated concrete, warm ceramics, slag concrete. Facing is either textured plaster. Or clinker facing brick, rarely vinyl siding.
From a tree it is fashionable to build baths, from logs and country summer houses.
Prefabricated houses, mostly suburban houses of a lower price segment.null

If you buy crap, you'll get crap.

And no surprise that even house building works in Russia. What would?

Voilà:

Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
If you buy crap, you'll get crap.

And no surprise that even house building works in Russia. What would?

Voilà:

I don't know what this house is made of Ariete, but it doesn't look suitable for Russian climate ( not to mention that I have some kind of aversion to the whole setting; I expect some kind of advertisement with it, accompanied with plastic smiles)))
This is more like it for Russia I think -

https://www.google.com/search?q=%D0%...9YEXReXY4c87bj

Old 05-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't know what this house is made of Ariete, but it doesn't look suitable for Russian climate ( not to mention that I have some kind of aversion to the whole setting; I expect some kind of advertisement with it, accompanied with plastic smiles)))
This is more like it for Russia I think -

It's a coookie-cutter Finnish home built of wooden pre-fabricated elements. And just as plastic as those Maksim posted. But apparently in Russia you can't manage this either.

How many tanks broke down on your "victory" day parade this year? Was Germany, Italy, Finland, Hungary and Romania invited? Lol, like we would've came.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
It's a coookie-cutter Finnish home built of wooden pre-fabricated elements. And just as plastic as those Maksim posted. But apparently in Russia you can't manage this either.
I looked very American to me)))

Quote:
How many tanks broke down on your "victory" day parade this year? Was Germany, Italy, Finland, Hungary and Romania invited? Lol, like we would've came.
Go and check it out yourself, why dontcha?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
What does that overpriced Ikea kit cost you? Right arm left leg and both balls? I've seen some pretty crude looking piles of Russian logs but they'll be standing for far longer than that one will. For damn sure.

Last edited by Scrat335; 05-09-2017 at 05:23 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 05:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
How many tanks broke down on your "victory" day parade this year?
If you dig deep enough you'll find references to Russian T-34 battalions doing 3 to 4 hundred km forced road marches with a failure rate of about 16% in WWII. Germans were likely to have 30% failure rates on marches half that distance routinely. German engineering wasn't all that good when the tread hit the dirt. I have no doubt that Russians know how to build a tank and the history shows it. Their modern tanks are apparently quite capable also. One break down of a totally new tank is not something to be laughed at. It's to be admired because there was so few. Unless of course you only read the memoirs of the Nazi generals.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What does that overpriced Ikea kit cost you? Right arm left leg and both balls? I've seen some pretty crude looking piles of Russian logs but they'll be standing for far longer than that one will. For damn sure.

I don't know. Depends on the location I guess. And listen buddy, we have very strict housing rules and a lot of building experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe