Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 08:54 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The program that made huge army vehicles available to police forces to buy was ended by Obama, I'm pretty sure. We'll see how long it stays "ended". I don't know what country the blue and white "Polis" vehicle represents.
They had surplus equipment after the Iraq war, but then started the transfer of surplus equipment to Africa and the Middle East to arm insurgents.

The military-transfer program has been around for decades. It just became more visible because of the recycling of vehicles from Iraq intended to withstand IED's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/u...ents.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 10:02 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I've seen the arsenal Seattle has in it's police force. I know of 5 vehicles suitable for use in urban warfare such as what we saw in Iraq. That's just downtown and I hear there's more throughout the region along with heavy weapons stores. By heavy weapons I don't mean M-16s and 50 cal sniper riflles. Grenade launchers and heavy machine guns and who knows what else.

Make no mistake, Americas police are very capable of keeping the peace.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:46 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Russia says ISIL is playing stock markets and investing in businesses around the globe in order to raise cash after its main sources of income were neutralised.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...102643696.html

I used to hear about one of the US intelligence agencies having a bond trading operation in Tysons Corner about 20 years ago. I expect that there are lot of things being done to avoid direct funding by Congress which would open up programs to public disclosure and oversight.

Last edited by lchoro; 08-26-2018 at 01:59 PM..

Old 08-27-2018, 12:56 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I understand that you are stubbornly trying to push here Ukrainian propaganda, and deliberately spread false information, but all your hodgepodge is easy to disprove.

And since the background of two different parts of Ukraine was so DIFFERENT during the WWII, it's obvious that the attitude of Eastern Ukrainians towards the glorification of SS Division Galicia by Western Ukrainians is hostile for obvious reasons.
So don't tell us the fairy-tales, and stories about someone's "grandpa from Rostov."
They don't matter.
Its not a fairy tale, I learned this while living in Moscow and one of my best friends there told me the Den Pobedy is a bunch of Stalinist propaganda. Case in point was her family (Russians in Rostov) who fought against the Red Army during the war. A girl I dated from Kursk also had family who were against the Red Army as well but they were freed prisoners (for stealing food so their family didn't starve during the 30s). I never heard any Ukrainians talking about Russians fighting Russians during the war, I learned about this many years before I ever set foot in Ukraine. This doesn't have anything to do with Ukraine.

The only fact is the one I keep saying and you angrily deny: some people from Ukraine and Russia fought against the USSR and not because they were fascist. This was true across Eastern Europe where Stalin invaded in 1939. Kids waving flags and thinking they are cool today don't represent whatever it is you hope it does. If it makes you feel better there were Americans who joined the Volksdeutsche too.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:06 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Alas, I must disappoint you, NATO countries invented and built such equipment much earlier than in Russia.

Of course, how could it be otherwise, police technology ( in particular mobile shield) can only be in Russia. All other photos, they are not real ))))) only Putin's Russia, Yes ! )))))))))

Specially trained in Polish camps "peaceful demonstrators", who came to Russia to organize a "popular protest", are now in a bad mood , ))))))))
The blue thing (much smaller and used with a small front loader) was a private company in Slovakia invention that didn't find many customers. You aren't showing actual government police in that photo. Not the same as Putin's clearly government designed and reported on crowd control device already deployed by his new national guard. The rest of the pics are SWAT team vehicles, not used to defeat protesters like they would be in Moscow. My congratulations on the latest attempt at whataboutism.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The blue thing (much smaller and used with a small front loader) was a private company in Slovakia invention that didn't find many customers. You aren't showing actual government police in that photo. Not the same as Putin's clearly government designed and reported on crowd control device already deployed by his new national guard. The rest of the pics are SWAT team vehicles, not used to defeat protesters like they would be in Moscow. My congratulations on the latest attempt at whataboutism.
Putin's bloody regime ! Brutally disperse the peaceful demonstrators ! What? Is it West? So this leads the police to order thugs ! Order and law must prevail ! ))))))))

Enjoy the video ))

https://youtu.be/cQYmLdxcsCE

https://youtu.be/NeIebSNhGBs

https://youtu.be/YY948PE_byA

And about machines, of course, as will have to doubt. A Russian atomic bomb came and exploded, wiping out two peaceful cities. Know everything. Or was it the Russians? Um..

Old 08-27-2018, 03:23 PM
DKM

Last I checked, Hillary isn't beaten and imprisoned.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:25 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Tell me my question. Is Russia country 3th or 4th world? Like a Maurithania?
But even Maurithania is better.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:12 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Alfred Krupp cast the first steel cannons around 1840. He sent specimens all over Europe and demonstrated the advantages of them over bronze cannons. He might as well have had brick walls as a audience. No one cared. Until they were needed as they inevitably were.

Make no mistake, that blue bobcat with a shield wall attachment is not going to disappear into the mists of history. Look at what Krupp became. Maybe you should read about DuPont in WWI and the Maxim Machine gun. Far and away the engines of death and destruction are the products of the western capitalism and the blood thirsty idiots that enable it.

Russia is not alone when it comes to oppression by far.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:30 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Tell me my question. Is Russia country 3th or 4th world? Like a Maurithania?
But even Maurithania is better.
There is no such thing as 4th world, only 1st (rich capitalist states), 2nd (communists), and 3rd (non aligned states) worlds. These terms have been replaced with developed, developing, and undeveloped/least developed countries after the Soviet Union collapsed. Russia is usually placed in the developing category similar to China, India, Brazil, Mexico etc. however Russia is an industrialized country with a “ver high” HDI score of 0.804 and because of that it is sometimes considered developed or at least borderline developed.

For comparisons sake Ukraine has an HDI of 0.743, lower than Algeria 0.745.

Mauritania has 0.513, so no Russia, nor Ukraine, is worse.

Last edited by grega94; 08-27-2018 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe