Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 04:53 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
So, yesterday many US partners or maybe it would be more correct to say US protectorate countries in Europe (those above mentioned 'former colonies of Russia') recognized that Guaido as the president of Venezuela. I am of course naive but I think the Venezuelan people have the right to decide independently who is or who is not their president and US is not authorized to appoint presidents for Venezuela.
It’s hard to truly figure out what goes on since everyone tells a different story. What’s undeniable though is that Maduro is an incompetent buffoon who did a good job of wrecking the Venezuelan economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It’s hard to truly figure out what goes on since everyone tells a different story. What’s undeniable though is that Maduro is an incompetent buffoon who did a good job of wrecking the Venezuelan economy.
And nobody helped him from the outside?

Old 02-05-2019, 10:51 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The Aegis launchers can be loaded with not only surface to air missiles it can also be loaded with surface to surface missiles. There's actually next to no difference between the physical dimensions of the 2 types and minimal differences when it comes to guidance.
The Aegis Ballaistic Defense System is called the Aegis Ashore sytem because America also has Aegis class destroyers that have the same capabilities and are never in a fixed position.
America is also going ot build smaller nukes, 5 kiloton flavored nukes. As if we need more.

Don't try it DKM. You're not good enough at it and we've FORGOTTEN more about this than you know.

Russia needs to knuckle up.
If you are talking about the ground based interceptors, no, they cannot just have a TLAM or something dropped in them to launch. It would require a refit to have the capability to launch a TLAM.

AEGIS weapons systems do launch TLAMs, but they are sea based systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Aegis systems cannot fire surface to surface missiles. They lack the guidance. I'd love for some Russian guy in Tacoma to tell me how much he knows even basic facts about how an Aegis system works beyond Googling in Russian. That's like claiming the S-400 can be used to launch ICBMs. Its purely ignorance.

Or are you parroting the Russian line why they want to inspect Aegis in Europe. Of course they do, its obviously a threat to their ability to nuke Europe on short notice. Putin would to possess the option to invade a neighbor and declare any military response from Europe will be met with short range nukes. That's what this is all about afterall, the big bad west preventing Russia from invading more countries around it.
They have full capability to launch TLAMs, and have done so plenty of times, sea based that is.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
So, yesterday many US partners or maybe it would be more correct to say US protectorate countries in Europe (those above mentioned 'former colonies of Russia') recognized that Guaido as the president of Venezuela. I am of course naive but I think the Venezuelan people have the right to decide independently who is or who is not their president and US is not authorized to appoint presidents for Venezuela.

Let's hear DKM on that one.
Again.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

I don't know much about Venesuela, so correct me if I am wrong, BUT...
Isn't Venezuelan economy is oil-based?

And isn't current oil price is low now?
If it's the case, the yesterday's "incompetent buffoon" will turn into the "strong and wise leader," as soon as the oil price will go up.
Isn't it how it works?

Old 02-05-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And nobody helped him from the outside?

Oh but you see, the US is placing/replacing inconvenient leaders of the states in that part of the world, with the help of economy ( since the US IS in charge of it, and is capable to pull the strings behind the scene.)
I mean read/listen to what's his name.. John Perkins describing in details how it works.

It's when PUTIN ( learning every trick from American book) pulled the same one on Ukraine, it was "how dare you")))

Old 02-05-2019, 11:30 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Good, you seem to get it now. A fake rigged election not run according to Venezuela's constitution does not have to be recognized by anyone, inside or outside the country. Moscow wants to impose Maduro on the Venezuelan people against their will.

The Venezuelan people did freely decide who is in their parliament. Maduro was not chosen by the Venezuelan people. "US partners" aka nearly the entire free world, told Maduro to run a real election or hold a referendum at least and he refused. This guy has no legal claim to be the leader of the country since January 10.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:31 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If you are talking about the ground based interceptors, no, they cannot just have a TLAM or something dropped in them to launch. It would require a refit to have the capability to launch a TLAM.

AEGIS weapons systems do launch TLAMs, but they are sea based systems.

They have full capability to launch TLAMs, and have done so plenty of times, sea based that is.
I was talking about ground based because that was the subject of the treaty.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:33 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Good, you seem to get it now. A fake rigged election not run according to Venezuela's constitution does not have to be recognized by anyone, inside or outside the country. Moscow wants to impose Maduro on the Venezuelan people against their will.

The Venezuelan people did freely decide who is in their parliament. Maduro was not chosen by the Venezuelan people. "US partners" aka nearly the entire free world, told Maduro to run a real election or hold a referendum at least and he refused. This guy has no legal claim to be the leader of the country since January 10.
When is the entire free world going to call upon countries like Saudi Arabia to do the same?

Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't know much about Venesuela, so correct me if I am wrong, BUT...
Isn't Venezuelan economy is oil-based?

And isn't current oil price is low now?
If it's the case, the yesterday's "incompetent buffoon" will turn into the "strong and wise leader," as soon as the oil price will go up.
Isn't it how it works?
No, a lot more is going on than just controlling the oil. Among other things he and Chavez's policies of burning through capital, removing property rights and nationalization of companies. Also, currency controls as a means of control of the economy. These are all basically adapted from Cuba/USSR times and as you can see, they don't work.

They stole the money not just from the oil company profits but also the capital that was needed to reinvest in production. The currency controls were their idea of forcing prices to be stable, which resulted in shortages. Its mind boggling to read about all the self destructive policies adopted, when they could have avoided this mess so easily. When people started getting mad by voting for the opposition, thats when the opposition was sidelined. You now have near anarchy, hyperinflation, starvation and copious criminal and political violence. People pretending to work and govt paying with newly printed worthless money... sound familiar at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe