Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 05:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Russian shotgun drone.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=asNg_1553957207
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 06:36 PM

834 posts, read 1,016,815 times
I lived within a few hours from St. Petersburg for years and also the Baltics..

People in Russia don't lie to you unless you're rich, and even then just temporarily... It's a bit of culture shock..

Oh and if you're in STEM and plan on working there you better be exceptional by most country standards.. Little kids in Russia can ace a Calc III exam and speak at least two languages fluently by 13... Same with Baltic states.. In Estonia for example you learn Estonian and Russian at the same time... In the equivalent to elementary school..

Most North American perceptions of Russia aren't even close.. When I hear truck drivers and construction workers holding court and lecturing on the country I cringe...

Old 03-30-2019, 08:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
I lived within a few hours from St. Petersburg for years and also the Baltics..

People in Russia don't lie to you unless you're rich, and even then just temporarily... It's a bit of culture shock..

Oh and if you're in STEM and plan on working there you better be exceptional by most country standards.. Little kids in Russia can ace a Calc III exam and speak at least two languages fluently by 13... Same with Baltic states.. In Estonia for example you learn Estonian and Russian at the same time... In the equivalent to elementary school..

Most North American perceptions of Russia aren't even close.. When I hear truck drivers and construction workers holding court and lecturing on the country I cringe...
You must have left long ago because they don't teach Russian in elementary school in Estonia genius. There are Russian schools there where kids are native speakers so they are taught in Russian and learn Estonian... but I heard that even those are switching soon. The high schools there have been taught in Estonian for years. The other language they all learn is English, not Russian.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:55 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Here's some more positivity for you.

It's vlog from brave folks who was decided going across Russia in Trans-Siberian Train. Believe me, not many foreigners decide a thing like this.
Especially without language skills. Because in the remote parts of Russia many people not that english language .. and even russian language sometimes poorly understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWYVhIFFCw

Old 03-31-2019, 02:39 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Here's some more positivity for you.

It's vlog from brave folks who was decided going across Russia in Trans-Siberian Train. Believe me, not many foreigners decide a thing like this.
Especially without language skills. Because in the remote parts of Russia many people not that english language .. and even russian language sometimes poorly understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWYVhIFFCw
That’s on my bucket list.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:43 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
That’s on my bucket list.
The only thing they eat...this is a instant potatoes or noodles, it's, certainly suck. It's all chemistry. I only eat it hunting or fishing when I need a quick bite, and never again.
Better smoked chicken or pies to buy.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You must have left long ago because they don't teach Russian in elementary school in Estonia genius. There are Russian schools there where kids are native speakers so they are taught in Russian and learn Estonian... but I heard that even those are switching soon. The high schools there have been taught in Estonian for years. The other language they all learn is English, not Russian.

I know plenty of Estonian millenials who had to learn it well in to the nineties... By the way I lived(in parishes you probably don't know exist) and worked in Estonia and could speak and write the language as good as a native... Have distant family who go back generation there... I didn't Google Estonia.......

I have people who were in the war and still live there on speed dial, or I can just call someone born and raised there from the other room... It was once illegal to not learn Russian there, and they were still forced to learn in the nineties... Easily provable...

Maybe I'll bring up what they do to handicap people and the homeless or social misfits in Estonia...

Last edited by TJJT; 03-31-2019 at 04:28 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post

Maybe I'll bring up what they do to handicap people and the homeless or social misfits in Estonia...

Oh do tell. inquiring minds want to know.

Old 03-31-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Oh do tell. inquiring minds want to know.
No soup kitchens or welfare.. Plenty of homeless who usually sleep in one of the many abandoned broken up structures

Long lines of drunk pensioners at every store in the country on certain days of the week. They use the bathroom in public and attack people.. Don't be around if you're female

There is a common term in the rare case a mentally handicap person came out in daylight

At least up till I was last there a year ago blacks didn't come out during day except around Tallinn.. There was a popular american-english term for them and it wasn't exactly whispered.. Every parish

Orphans and runaways everywhere.. Drunk dads or disagreeing with the wrong people gets you alienated and unemployable.. Females usually get exploited because they have no place to go

Alcoholism so bad women had to cut lawns, cut firewood, and pay all the bills.. Police would be overwhelmed if reporting domestic violence was acceptable. I had a lot of neighbors who would kick there wives out if they didn't do mens work while the man drank vodka and watched TV...

Again, I didn't Google Estonia.. PC and other BS narrative about countries simply don't go unnoticed sometimes, sorry..

Last edited by TJJT; 03-31-2019 at 05:27 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 07:43 PM

DKM says it's paradise. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe